NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horse Box

Sligo 0-7 Laois 2-6 HT

Louth 2:8-1:7 Antrim , 10 Minutes left !

Harold Disgracey

10 mins left Armagh 6-18 0-8 Offaly.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I think Pat Flanagan's days are numbered in Offaly, there has been a good bit of discontent lately from their supporters and a result like that can't be tolerated by a proud county like Offaly. The players are limited to be fair but a result like that only happens when there is a serious lack of motivation and organisation.

Horse Box

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 05, 2017, 03:25:31 PM
I think Pat Flanagan's days are numbered in Offaly, there has been a good bit of discontent lately from their supporters and a result like that can't be tolerated by a proud county like Offaly. The players are limited to be fair but a result like that only happens when there is a serious lack of motivation and organisation.

3 weeks ago : Offaly 0-23 - 1-07 Antrim

Today : Armagh: 6-22 - Offaly 0-10 !

:o  :-[  :-\ !

tippabu

Pitch in thurles doesn't exactly look unplayable...surely they could have just swapped the two games and put hurling on first

laoislad

Any score from Sligo Laois game?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Beffs

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Fair auld relegation battle for division 4 now. Armagh have gone from a points difference of +1 to +31, the best in all 4 leagues I think.

sligoman2

Great result, we were pure shyte in the first half and were getting hammered until meaney decided to be a meaney and punch Niall Murphy in the face and was duly rewarded with an early shower.  Second half we scored 11 points (10 from play), and open Laois up with quick ball.

Great to see Pat Hughes back and Cian  Breheny.  Massive performance from Keelan Cawley who is back from a shoulder injury. 

Hard luck to Laois, we are out of relegation zone and back in the promotion hunt.

Hard luck to St Attractas yesterday.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

vallankumous

Quote from: Horse Box on March 05, 2017, 03:51:47 PM

Something badly wrong here

Take Your Points

Quote from: Horse Box on March 05, 2017, 03:51:47 PM

Is this the Offaly of Seamus Darby, the Lowry brothers and the Connor brothers?

https://youtu.be/Wxgju-2xbfQ

https://youtu.be/Kba6NYKQH5k

https://youtu.be/PICamSfnA2o

Throw ball

Tough for Offaly today. Armagh have had the chances to put up big scores in a few matches but it clicked today. They were 10 up after 9 minutes and there was no way back from there. I am sure Offaly are not as bad as the score suggests.

LCohen

Armagh are willing to get men forward. For no more than 5 minutes did Offaly look capable of punishing us for that. The big score early on insured no vulnerability to the trademarked collapse. We should be punishing teams like this and today we did. No point saying against better opposition it wouldn't have been that easy. Today we beat what was in front of us. The Tipp match is the only real signal we get from this division on how we might do against Down.

Harold Disgracey

Scorers from today's game:
Charlie Vernon 0-01
Niall Rowland 1-0
Stephen Sheridan 0-2
Ben Crealey 0-02
Rory Grugan 1-03
Anto Duffy 1-01
Niall Grimley 1-03
Jamie Clarke 0-02
Stefan Campbell 1-04
Andrew Murnin 1-02
Gavin McParland 0-01
Oisin McKeever 0-01

TBH the scoreline probably flattered Offaly, on a number of occasions Armagh took a fisted point when a goal could have been one. Armagh's forward line functioned very well today, it's good to see Murnin back, and playing well. Ciaran McKeever at full forward is interesting, he was excellent at winning ball and laying it off to an incoming runner.

bennydorano

Armagh were very impressive but how shite were Offaly. We do have a very potent forward division and once again we were great to watch going forward, the well documented troubles are at the other end of the field, but Brendan Donaghy has defo given us a bit of badly needed solidity at CHB. We're still not great at MF although you wouldn't have thought it today as I thought two of our standouts were Grimley & Sheridan.