Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 05, 2017, 06:58:36 PM
Ye have owed us a penalty since 2002.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
Touché
Can't deny that one

magpie seanie

I'd have preferred that one in 2002 and it was at least in the ballpark of being one, unlike today. Not sure we would have beaten Dublin and Kerry thereafter though.

Throw ball

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2017, 06:54:28 PM
I've never seen Sligo play so badly and not lose. The referee was terrible for both sides it has to be said. I'll go through that later when I give a more detailed run through. Armagh are right to be aggrieved at the penalty. It was a scandalous decision. I think he gave it for a hand on Stephen Coen's shoulder but he was nowhere near the ball and if that type of incident is a free....

Armagh though have only themselves to blame. At 6 points up they stopped trying to score and were content to see the game out. Tactical genius himself needs to take a long hard look at himself. Bad as we were we chipped away and got a few scores but didn't create one goal chance all game. The penalty was an incredible present and that could be a vital point for us in our survival battle.

Have to agree totally.

Armagh have a problem also in that their first choice keeper is out for the entire league and the next choice - and aupport- has lost all confidence on kickouts.  This cost at least 4 points. With 6 debutantes he had few experienced players to call on

SCFC

Quote from: T Fearon on February 05, 2017, 06:46:34 PM
Looks like Armagh have learned nothing from last year,and the importance of getting off to a good start,and not be scrambling for points and dependent on other teams' results at the end.

Our last three Championship games and opening league game have seen defeats to Cavan, Laois (twice) and a draw with Sligo😡😡
Ye are guaranteed two points next weekend.  :(

magpie seanie

Quote from: Throw ball on February 05, 2017, 07:26:54 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2017, 06:54:28 PM
I've never seen Sligo play so badly and not lose. The referee was terrible for both sides it has to be said. I'll go through that later when I give a more detailed run through. Armagh are right to be aggrieved at the penalty. It was a scandalous decision. I think he gave it for a hand on Stephen Coen's shoulder but he was nowhere near the ball and if that type of incident is a free....

Armagh though have only themselves to blame. At 6 points up they stopped trying to score and were content to see the game out. Tactical genius himself needs to take a long hard look at himself. Bad as we were we chipped away and got a few scores but didn't create one goal chance all game. The penalty was an incredible present and that could be a vital point for us in our survival battle.

Have to agree totally.

Armagh have a problem also in that their first choice keeper is out for the entire league and the next choice - and aupport- has lost all confidence on kickouts.  This cost at least 4 points. With 6 debutantes he had few experienced players to call on

Yeah - your kickouts were awful and I think your keeper was fortunate to only get blown for taking too long a couple of times. Our lad the other end gave ye two points back and caused a few coronaries with his solo run in the second half! The guy we have on the bench is a better keeper with a superb kickout and should start from here.

Gold

Quote from: Horse Box on February 05, 2017, 04:58:49 PM
Tipp were bad but had enough in the second half . Fair play to Antrim who gave it everything . Sorry to the away support for the @rsehole in the Stand , he`s not wanted at Tipp games by the home support !

What happened?

Murrays black card wreck things for us?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Shamrock Shore

Longford have the 'Bull' Masterson and Darren Gallagher back next week as they were carrying over suspensions. Will certainly need the Bull back if we are to get anything in Drawhada.

No sign of Mickey Quinn to return - perhaps he'll be back for the last few games of the League where hopefully it won't be a relegation dog-fight.

smelmoth

In the Armagh game the ref says he saw a jersey pull. There was a camera right behind it. Surely that can be cleared up. It's either a bad ref or a bad loser

naka

Quote from: smelmoth on February 07, 2017, 06:36:20 PM
In the Armagh game the ref says he saw a jersey pull. There was a camera right behind it. Surely that can be cleared up. It's either a bad ref or a bad loser
Saw the video
Bad ref
Wonder will he try the same this weekend at the st Vincent game where he is in the middle
He would be lynched.
But as the guys say they owe us since 2002.

Unlaoised

Laois still missing 7-8 key players ...Get on Armagh this weekend!
LAOIS ABÚ

Taylor

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 08, 2017, 10:34:55 AM
Laois still missing 7-8 key players ...Get on Armagh this weekend!

Who are Laois missing? Would the apple munchers be worth putting on the coupon this weekend?

Unlaoised

Full back Mark timmons corner back Damien O'connor

2 first choice midfielders John O'Loughlin and Brendan Quigley

Evan O'Carroll (prob second best forward)

Gary Walsh (Forward)

Thats just six off the top of my head but there is more...all injured
LAOIS ABÚ

illdecide

ahh sure Armagh are missing just as many but you still have to get on with it...Laois by 6 ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on February 08, 2017, 04:40:14 PM
ahh sure Armagh are missing just as many but you still have to get on with it...Laois by 6 ;)

+1
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on February 08, 2017, 04:40:14 PM
A February Division 3 game against a reserve Laois team..Bet you'll have an open top bus parade if ye beat us though  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.