NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Following this Armagh team is a frustrating pastime.  At times in the first half we didn't look like a Division 3 team as some of the football played was very good with excellent movement off the ball and great use of the kick pass.   An inside line of Andrew Murnin and Jamie Clarke is a great asset to have.  Jamie's handling in the tackle was poor at times though as he couldn't get away from his man on a heavy pitch. 
Having said that we looked more like a Division 4 team at times in our defending in the second half as we mixed the sublime with the ridiculous, it would put years on you looking at it.
We have the makings of an excellent forward line who will rack up serious scores but our defending and goalkeeping is haphazard to say the least.
Shamrock Shore, no county has a monopoly on unruly supporters as we had a few Longford lads beside us who shouted the "c*nt" word fairly liberally throughout the match at the Armagh players and spent most of their time trying to get a rise out of us.
Every county has them....
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 27, 2017, 10:03:31 AM
QuoteOur natural habitat is upper Div 2

Oh this is so funny.

We look forward to playing ye again in Armagh next year. Hopefully we'll survive the carnage that may lie ahead.

If Division 3 is such an insult then perhaps, like Sisyphus, you are doomed to stay there for ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if Geezer actually has the Armagh lads rolling boulders up a hill in training.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2017, 01:38:42 PM

Oh this is so funny.

We look forward to playing ye again in Armagh next year. Hopefully we'll survive the carnage that may lie ahead.

If Division 3 is such an insult then perhaps, like Sisyphus, you are doomed to stay there for ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if Geezer actually has the Armagh lads rolling boulders up a hill in training.
Unfortunately results don't lie, we are in Div 3 because of poor play, and self imposed wounds. Armagh needs a radical rethink in terms of management, Geezer has tried but I'd not be sure the resources are available to improve things and whilst calling for his head is an obvious reaction, I don't think it would help. Adding Oisin or a McEntee might help.

illdecide

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2017, 01:38:42 PM

Oh this is so funny.

Why Jinxy?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Jinxy

They have angered the Gods.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

LCohen

Quote from: mcklatchee on February 26, 2017, 10:55:27 PM
I hear they are complaining on the Armagh county website about the lack of traffic after a victory. If you ban the posters they are somewhat less likely to post

Was reading it there myself. I am not banned but just cannot be arsed posting. Its been whittled down to a few blind yes men. A complete echo chamber

tonto1888

I hear they are complaining on the Armagh county website about the lack of traffic after a victory. If you ban the posters they are somewhat less likely to post

Plenty people not banned are missing. Not just now but they always go missing after a win. Too many happy to give it out when we lose.

Throw ball

Quote from: LCohen on February 27, 2017, 10:42:49 PM

Was reading it there myself. I am not banned but just cannot be arsed posting. Its been whittled down to a few blind yes men. A complete echo chamber

I'll head to get the guide dog at the weekend.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Throw ball on February 28, 2017, 12:32:52 AM
I'll head to get the guide dog at the weekend.

See if you can get a spare one for me while you're at it.

I think this one issue is so symptomatic of a wider GAA issue - putting the boot in to those who are prepared to give of their time for others.

I cannot speak of any individual cases, but I do know that we have had challenging issues with the contributions of some of our 'supporters' in the past. That dated back to Barry Coleman's time and eventually he simply threw the head up and closed his site. Into that vacuum came the Armagh GAA Forum and I think it is a great site and offers a range of great services - the fact that they choose to not tolerate people putting the boot into our own is deserving of commendation - not criticism.

Maybe it's me that's doing something wrong - I've been an active member here, on the Armagh Forum, on Reservoir Dubs and on Boards, to name but a few and have not been banned yet. Still, for those not banned and who don't like the way the house rules are applied, then I suggest you vote with your feet, or better still, start your own forum up. Wouldn't mind seeing how long your patience would last moderating with a few solicitors letters landing at your door.

Armamike

A thankless task, moderating a supporters' forum.  Fair play to anyone who takes it on. 

That's just, like your opinion man.

Unlaoised

Quote from: tippabu on February 11, 2017, 08:10:13 AM
Quote from: Horse Box on February 11, 2017, 01:04:06 AM
Quote from: tippabu on February 10, 2017, 10:06:14 PM
Quote from: Horse Box on February 05, 2017, 04:58:49 PM
Tipp were bad but had enough in the second half . Fair play to Antrim who gave it everything . Sorry to the away support for the @rsehole in the Stand , he`s not wanted at Tipp games by the home support !

I take it thats the lad with a shaved head and glasses?

Yep . Seen him at the Munster Junior B game in December between Arravale (He`s from Tipp Town I reckon ) and Oola , neighbouring Clubs , different counties and he walking along the sideline past the Oola dugout giving guff , surprised he didn`t get his boll@ck kicked in  :o ! ! !

yeah thats the one, hes at every game. hes def not the full shilling (in a serious way not piss take), doesnt excuse him though, hes a danger and gets people wound up. Its hard to keep quiet when you hear some of the shite he constantly comes out with and he gets people from tipp and opposing counties riled up.

This guy was a nightmare the other night...He was roaring at me and the kids i was with as we left to get down to the corner just as Tipp were about to take the free off the ground from which the goal came from...

I knew he wasn't the full shilling but he was upsets the kids ...I ignored him he was so busy shouting "going home early are we " Go on home ya Clowns" he missed his team goal.....

We used to have one of these lads in Laois about 10-12 years ago but thankfully like a few more unwanted bandwagoners he is no longer attending matches!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

By the way I was impressed by Tipp the other night despite Laois being short so many Tipp were well organised and very good in the tackle.

The non existent Laois midfield and the farce of a Black card for donie Kingston certainly helped their cause.

Nice to see Quinlivan get such a good reception from the Laois support going off ...He gave great entertainment to the neutrals last year.

I was impressed with number 23 Jack Kennedy in midfield he was mobile and gave off the right ball.

Fox was immense ...Josh Keane is also a very good player.

with O hallorhan Acheson and Bill maher all to come back Tipp should be in the race for the top spots...

Laois have to beat sligo to have any hope.

With up to 9 players still missing it will be a tough ask
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 28, 2017, 01:36:35 PM
By the way I was impressed by Tipp the other night despite Laois being short so many Tipp were well organised and very good in the tackle.

The non existent Laois midfield and the farce of a Black card for donie Kingston certainly helped their cause.

Nice to see Quinlivan get such a good reception from the Laois support going off ...He gave great entertainment to the neutrals last year.

I was impressed with number 23 Jack Kennedy in midfield he was mobile and gave off the right ball.

Fox was immense ...Josh Keane is also a very good player.

with O hallorhan Acheson and Bill maher all to come back Tipp should be in the race for the top spots...

Laois have to beat sligo to have any hope.

With up to 9 players still missing it will be a tough ask

Jack Kennedy I'd have high hopes for. Josh Keane is a bit of a frustrating one to me. Works hard but does awful daft things at times. As for the lads coming back, O'Halloran was playing on Saturday, and Acheson is in Dubai, so I don't think he'll be back. Bill Maher will be a big addition back. The thing here is I was happy to see Fahy, Kennedy, Casey, Moloney and COnnors all looking like they could at least play some sort of role in Inter County Football. Last year that depth just wasn't there.

What's the story with Jason Lonergan do any of the Tipp lads know?

tippabu

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 28, 2017, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: tippabu on February 11, 2017, 08:10:13 AM
Quote from: Horse Box on February 11, 2017, 01:04:06 AM
Quote from: tippabu on February 10, 2017, 10:06:14 PM
Quote from: Horse Box on February 05, 2017, 04:58:49 PM
Tipp were bad but had enough in the second half . Fair play to Antrim who gave it everything . Sorry to the away support for the @rsehole in the Stand , he`s not wanted at Tipp games by the home support !

I take it thats the lad with a shaved head and glasses?

Yep . Seen him at the Munster Junior B game in December between Arravale (He`s from Tipp Town I reckon ) and Oola , neighbouring Clubs , different counties and he walking along the sideline past the Oola dugout giving guff , surprised he didn`t get his boll@ck kicked in  :o ! ! !

yeah thats the one, hes at every game. hes def not the full shilling (in a serious way not piss take), doesnt excuse him though, hes a danger and gets people wound up. Its hard to keep quiet when you hear some of the shite he constantly comes out with and he gets people from tipp and opposing counties riled up.

This guy was a nightmare the other night...He was roaring at me and the kids i was with as we left to get down to the corner just as Tipp were about to take the free off the ground from which the goal came from...

I knew he wasn't the full shilling but he was upsets the kids ...I ignored him he was so busy shouting "going home early are we " Go on home ya Clowns" he missed his team goal.....

We used to have one of these lads in Laois about 10-12 years ago but thankfully like a few more unwanted bandwagoners he is no longer attending matches!

Can only apologise, at least ye only have to listen to him for one game, we have to listen to the c*nt at every game and as hasuch been said nobody amongst the tipp support wants him there