NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Throw ball on February 15, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
When you think about it though the Laois manager admitted that they targeted the Armagh kickouts and bar one critical mistake the keeper had a fairly good game. The mistake did probably cost the game though.

Felt sorry for young McNiece. He is a talented keeper and had a decent enough game. The one major mistake cost us a goal from a penalty, with a man sent off in the process. He then panicked a bit when Laois drew level and rushed a further short kickout in an attempt to get us going - the Laois defender anticipated, intercepted and slotted the winning point.

As is always the case, the keeper's error is highlighted and there has been little if any mention of the (at least) four goal opportunities we absolutely butchered. I thought for the most part of that game we were very poor and should still have won by about eight points, but there ye go.  :-\

illdecide

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 16, 2017, 12:56:19 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on February 15, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
When you think about it though the Laois manager admitted that they targeted the Armagh kickouts and bar one critical mistake the keeper had a fairly good game. The mistake did probably cost the game though.

Felt sorry for young McNiece. He is a talented keeper and had a decent enough game. The one major mistake cost us a goal from a penalty, with a man sent off in the process. He then panicked a bit when Laois drew level and rushed a further short kickout in an attempt to get us going - the Laois defender anticipated, intercepted and slotted the winning point.

As is always the case, the keeper's error is highlighted and there has been little if any mention of the (at least) four goal opportunities we absolutely butchered. I thought for the most part of that game we were very poor and should still have won by about eight points, but there ye go.  :-\

100% agree...I know the Keeper made a few mistakes at the end which killed us but as you stated the 3-4 one on one with the Laois keeper for me was the defining moments...if we'd have taken half of them it wouldn't have mattered what Armagh keeper done. Armagh just can't seem to kill teams off when they're on top and it's always a nervy last 10 mins with them no matter who they're playing
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

Where is this Armagh Forum? On the keeper he made mistakes, but surely he is following the instructions on kick out strategy? No need for abuse though.

lurganblue

On a side note, i though armagh should have had their own penalty when soup was wiped out after clarke louped one across to him. but sure no matter.

It is amazing the evolution of the goalkeeping position over the last few years.  So much importance to a team now

bennydorano

I was right behind the nets for that, Campbell half pulled out of going for the ball fullblooded and got himself cleaned in the process, never a penalty.

mcklatchee

Quote from: BennyCake on February 15, 2017, 09:49:30 PM
There's been loads of bans on the Armagh forum?

Maybe someone will set up a breakaway Armagh forum? GAA forum of Armagh?

Or maybe they should stop banning people on a whim.

It's on the official county website. It's not some private plaything
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

mcklatchee

If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

smelmoth

Any of the regular contributors to the Armagh forum know why people are being banned? Are they happy that they are being banned?

How does this rest with the county? Its the official site. Should it not be a bit more accountable?

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on February 16, 2017, 04:37:55 PM
I was right behind the nets for that, Campbell half pulled out of going for the ball fullblooded and got himself cleaned in the process, never a penalty.

Happy enough with that.  I would have been a lot further away than yourself

lurganblue

Quote from: smelmoth on February 16, 2017, 10:41:24 PM
Any of the regular contributors to the Armagh forum know why people are being banned? Are they happy that they are being banned?

How does this rest with the county? Its the official site. Should it not be a bit more accountable?

Joke of a forum.  Everyone is treated like children ffs.  I only use it during the summer for club results coming in.

illdecide

I was at that end of the Ground in the main stand and couldn't disagree with that...As for the Armagh website, it is a bit OTT but at the same time there are a lot of young very immature lads on it who would not take long to get out of hand and give out personal abuse to players. A tight ship needs run there and i think that's why the moderator is a bit OTT, if i'm right in thinking i think the County Board asked for the site to be closed down a few years ago due to personal abuse by posters...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

I was looking across from the stand  when Campbell went down,
he half pulled out as benny says,  and the keeper hardly touched him it was never a penalty

smelmoth

Quote from: illdecide on February 17, 2017, 09:54:17 AM

I was at that end of the Ground in the main stand and couldn't disagree with that...As for the Armagh website, it is a bit OTT but at the same time there are a lot of young very immature lads on it who would not take long to get out of hand and give out personal abuse to players. A tight ship needs run there and i think that's why the moderator is a bit OTT, if i'm right in thinking i think the County Board asked for the site to be closed down a few years ago due to personal abuse by posters...

There isn't any controversy about posters being banned for abuse when the abuse has crossed a line but its clear that some have been banned for other reasons

smelmoth

Quote from: lurganblue on February 17, 2017, 09:16:21 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on February 16, 2017, 10:41:24 PM

Joke of a forum.  Everyone is treated like children ffs.  I only use it during the summer for club results coming in.

It's potentially a very good forum. Excellent functionality, good updates and some excellent posters. But there is a sensitivity to criticism or even questioning that is not healthy and therefore not healthy for the gaa in Armagh. If a county board official was asked should posters be banned for asking questions about the direction current management was taking us be banned I doubt they would say yes and yet that is what is happening on part of our official county website