NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 27, 2017, 12:31:04 PM
Colm Parkinson has video footage of the Derry goal on his twitter feed. Never a spare ball (as player would have been well outside square when ball kicked) and tackle on keeper looks perfectly legit. As far as I am aware there is no rule against tackling a keeper inside the small square.

Fecking video evidence shouldn't be allowed. I look like a spanner now.

#newbridgeornowhere

FermGael

Dinny how many can Newbridge hold ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Dinny Breen

Quote from: FermGael on February 27, 2017, 12:52:50 PM

Ha! Nobody knows the real answer, somewhere between 6k and 8k. Depending on H&S I suspect we could get it up to 10k.

Unless Fermanagh are traveling in their 1000s - the attendance Sunday will be 4k ish.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 27, 2017, 12:52:03 PM
Colm Parkinson has video footage of the Derry goal on his twitter feed. Never a spare ball (as player would have been well outside square when ball kicked) and tackle on keeper looks perfectly legit. As far as I am aware there is no rule against tackling a keeper inside the small square.

Can the perception be edited?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2017, 01:33:37 PM

Can the perception be edited?

No but perhaps it's fake news.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Kildare always had a proud tradition of taking their beating like men.
Sad to see them losing this and going down the Tyrone route of blaming refs, umpires, global warming, the free-state media etc.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ohtoohtobe

Jesus from the reaction I was expecting something at least somewhat contentious. Beats me how there was any controversy in the first place.
Refs are serious unsung heroes in my eyes. Imagine making a routine correct call and then finding yourself branded a cheat all over social media. He's owed a lot of apologies.

omagh_gael

Tempted to fire out an aul pun on spanners and robots but I'll refrain!

FermGael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 27, 2017, 01:26:50 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 27, 2017, 12:52:50 PM

Ha! Nobody knows the real answer, somewhere between 6k and 8k. Depending on H&S I suspect we could get it up to 10k.

Unless Fermanagh are traveling in their 1000s - the attendance Sunday will be 4k ish.

We had more supporters in Cork than Cork which is a sad state of affairs for Cork Gaa.

I would say we will bring a decent crowd.  It's a must win for both teams
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rossfan

Everyone has more support than Cork footballers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 27, 2017, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on February 27, 2017, 12:23:08 AM
Quote from: galwayman on February 26, 2017, 04:55:25 PM
Very true. Where are the personnel going to come from for those defensive changes is the question?
I think we're decent enough from the half back line up in terms of squad personnel.
In terms of goalkeeper and fullback line - we're not strong to be brutally honest.
A good win today though.
Meath next week is a huge game now.
Meath are no world beaters but it's the type of game we have become used to losing after a few wins.
Never easy to win in Navan

Good win today but agree, the full back line and goalie were a serious weak link. Lavelle made about 3 point blank saves but he also caused the 3 of them with daft kick outs, arsing about in front of goal and trying to carry the ball out of his own defence, mad stuff. When Clare ran at them at pace we were in trouble, Bradshaw was excellent going forward but that left a massive hole in our half back line that bigger teams will exploit. I'd like to see Johnny Duane given a shot at no. 6, push Bradshaw out on the wing and Liam Silke and Cathal Sweeney in the corners. Sweeney came on in the forward line again today which is a bit puzzling when he was one of our best players 2 years ago and was seriously missed last year.

I'd like to see a full back line of Silke, Kyne & Sweeney; A bit worrying that Sweeney doesn't appear to be getting his chance in the corner or perhaps he's working his way back to fitness. Sweeney was our best back in 2015 by a mile.

Wouldn't like to see Kyne there, too easily turned. Put him wing-back if anywhere. Ditto Sweeney; very good 2 years ago, but I still get the feeling he was playing above himself. Where is Duane these days? Maybe the much-maligned Hanley is still our best bet at no. 3? As bad as our FB line looks, the outside line is still just one game away from disaster. Further up,  Flynn needs to be given the P45 at this point, Army too.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: mouview on February 28, 2017, 12:32:50 PM
Very true. Where are the personnel going to come from for those defensive changes is the question?
I think we're decent enough from the half back line up in terms of squad personnel.
In terms of goalkeeper and fullback line - we're not strong to be brutally honest.
A good win today though.
Meath are no world beaters but it's the type of game we have become used to losing after a few wins.

Good win today but agree, the full back line and goalie were a serious weak link. Lavelle made about 3 point blank saves but he also caused the 3 of them with daft kick outs, arsing about in front of goal and trying to carry the ball out of his own defence, mad stuff. When Clare ran at them at pace we were in trouble, Bradshaw was excellent going forward but that left a massive hole in our half back line that bigger teams will exploit. I'd like to see Johnny Duane given a shot at no. 6, push Bradshaw out on the wing and Liam Silke and Cathal Sweeney in the corners. Sweeney came on in the forward line again today which is a bit puzzling when he was one of our best players 2 years ago and was seriously missed last year.

I'd like to see a full back line of Silke, Kyne & Sweeney; A bit worrying that Sweeney doesn't appear to be getting his chance in the corner or perhaps he's working his way back to fitness. Sweeney was our best back in 2015 by a mile.

Wouldn't like to see Kyne there, too easily turned. Put him wing-back if anywhere. Ditto Sweeney; very good 2 years ago, but I still get the feeling he was playing above himself. Where is Duane these days? Maybe the much-maligned Hanley is still our best bet at no. 3? As bad as our FB line looks, the outside line is still just one game away from disaster. Further up,  Flynn needs to be given the P45 at this point, Army too.

I still have my doubts over Kyne too but would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looked like we gifted Clare their goal on Sunday with a poor short kickout, this worries me even more. I can remember at one stage of the Tipp game last year they had won all 12 of their own kickouts whilst we had only won 10 out of 20 at the same stage, it absolutely killed us. Galway can't make those same mistakes last year but I've lost count of how many keepers Walsh has tried out. Flynn is not a wing forward, play him midfield or use him as backup for Conroy & FOC; Flynn frustrates me, very few midfielders can carry a ball like he does but doesn't do it often enough.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 28, 2017, 01:17:59 PM
A good win today though.

I still have my doubts over Kyne too but would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looked like we gifted Clare their goal on Sunday with a poor short kickout, this worries me even more. I can remember at one stage of the Tipp game last year they had won all 12 of their own kickouts whilst we had only won 10 out of 20 at the same stage, it absolutely killed us. Galway can't make those same mistakes last year but I've lost count of how many keepers Walsh has tried out. Flynn is not a wing forward, play him midfield or use him as backup for Conroy & FOC; Flynn frustrates me, very few midfielders can carry a ball like he does but doesn't do it often enough.
The conditions were shocking on Sunday. It should be different in the summer.

GaillimhIarthair

A good win today though.

The starting 6 backs on Sun were, in order, Kyne, Walsh, Burke, O'Donnell, Bradshaw & Heaney.  There after we have Duane, Hanley, Sweeney, Kerin, Wynne & Silke available to us once all injuries clear up etc.  Not sure if I have left out any obvious other player but that looks like what we have to choose from for the remainder of the year.  Silke will come back in for sure and Duane should get a run very shortly.  I thought Kerin did quite well last year so he is definitely another option for corner back also.  The No. 1 jersey is still a major problem though - Lavelle is a good shot stopper and his kick-outs are quite good but his decision making at times when he has possession is suspect to say the least!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 28, 2017, 01:17:59 PM
A good win today though.

I still have my doubts over Kyne too but would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looked like we gifted Clare their goal on Sunday with a poor short kickout

Love to know how many scores especially goals we have conceded from poor kickouts in recent years. I'd confidently say it's quite a few.