NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Kildare half-forwards big & strong but very one-paced.
Galway half-backs ran off them up the field to either assist or take scores themselves.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Thanks I have Gaa go, which is great, just would like to pick up on some stuff you don't in Irish commentary

joemamas

Holy shit
Just heard on Radio that first time Galway senior footballers won in Croke Park in 16 years.

Mayo Border

Well done Galway. Connaght championship should be interesting this year. Looking forward to it.

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo Border on April 09, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Well done Galway. Connaght championship should be interesting this year. Looking forward to it.

Only if you're a Mayo supporter playing the poor mouth..

Mayo Border

[/quote]

Only if you're a Mayo supporter playing the poor mouth..
[/quote
Not true. I'm a GAA supporter looking forward to some good games.

Il Bomber Destro

Galway are full value for their win and if they were more clinical then they would have won it a lot more comfortably. They're definitely a side who can put it up to the big teams this summer.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 09, 2017, 03:47:23 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 09, 2017, 03:39:22 PM
That is a very good result for Galway. The last time they won in Croke Park was in 2001 playing Meath.
The defence looks to be better than last year and the forwards are able to score when required.
Don't think so. 0-16 conceded today against a Kildare side that are unlikely to see August football. As was said already the Galway subs proved the difference but they seem short on defensive options.
Kildare are improving and Galway didn't leak any goals.
It was an improvement on the Tipp match. Getting the scores when they are needed rather than losing it as per last year is another thing.
The Mayo Reich's days are numbered I think. They have to win Sam this year.

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo Border on April 09, 2017, 04:00:52 PM

Mayo won't lose to Sligo, and they certainly won't lose to that Galway outfit for a second year running. Roscommon won't lose to Leitrim in a month of Sundays and probably won't win the Connacht final in a month of Sundays either.

Best chance of a good game is Leitrim v London.. so yeah, I suppose if you're in Ruslip that weekend you might get a close one.

GalwayBayBoy

Much more depth in the squad this year compared to last with all the players that returned from abroad or out of retirement and some quality youngsters like Daly breaking through. Still a bit short on options in the full-back line especially. Just think we'll have to make do back there for the time being.

Thought we looked a lot better when we just opened up and moved the ball quicker into the forwards with the feet. Balancing act though in trying not to leave the defence exposed. Handy now though in we have a number of players who can kick points from distance like Walsh, Daly, etc.

Comer looked very rusty after he came on. Been out for 6 weeks though. Will need him up to speed by the Summer.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 09, 2017, 04:02:02 PM
Galway are full value for their win and if they were more clinical then they would have won it a lot more comfortably. They're definitely a side who can put it up to the big teams this summer.
Definitely? Jury very much out on them yet, lets not forget it's taken Galway six years to gain promotion to division 1 and division 2 this spring was hardly of a high standard.

A big summer ahead for this Galway team though and It's important they prove that the Mayo win last summer wasn't just catching Mayo at the right time and if they reach Croke Park in August they need to produce a long overdue championship win there which will mean alot more to them than that div 2 final win today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo Border

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2017, 04:08:41 PM

Mayo won't lose to Sligo, and the certaintly won't lose to that Galway outfit for a second year running. Roscommon won't lose to Leitrim in a month of Sundays and probably won't win the Connacht final in a month of Sundays either.

Best chance of a good game is Leitrim v London.. so yeah, I suppose if you're in Ruslip that weekend you might get a close one.
I was in Ruislip last year. Wont make it this year. But thanks for all those rock sure predictions. There could be a few bob to be won on the strength of them. Your insight never ceases to amaze. Thanks Syf

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo Border on April 09, 2017, 04:56:57 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2017, 04:08:41 PM

Mayo won't lose to Sligo, and the certaintly won't lose to that Galway outfit for a second year running. Roscommon won't lose to Leitrim in a month of Sundays and probably won't win the Connacht final in a month of Sundays either.

I was in Ruislip last year. Wont make it this year. But thanks for all those rock sure predictions. There could be a few bob to be won on the strength of them. Your insight never ceases to amaze. Thanks Syf

No worries. All solid bets so you can make a few quid like myself.

Dinny Breen

Well done Galway, more strength in depth. Kildare missed the 2 Flynns and P Cribben wasn't right. A great league campaign for us but Galway are probably 2 years ahead of us in terms of development and that showed today. We should make a semi-final against Meath and hopefully it's anywhere but Croke Park.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Good to finally put an end to the unwanted record of going 16 years without a win in HQ. A much improved 2nd half after a very poor 1st half, a 6 point return from that many chances created was very poor.

Shane Walsh is so frustrating, has the potential to be one of the best players in the country but has got to improve his decision making in front of the posts. He must have dropped the ball into the keepers hands 3 or 4 times today, on every occasion he could easily have got closer to the points before shooting. I won't knock him too much though, he's a joy to watch and still contributed with 3 good points from play.

Brannigan was very wasteful today but I like what he adds to the team. Galway showed a bit of character in the 2nd half when 3 points down, game could have easily gone away from them. Fullback line still a worry although Kyne played well today. Sweeney still a way off where he was 2 years ago and Wynne struggled with Kelly but there's not many defenders who wouldn't.