NFL Div 1 - Cavan v Dublin, breffni park, Feb 5th

Started by Itchy, January 27, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 30, 2017, 12:55:48 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2017, 03:57:46 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 27, 2017, 08:19:23 PM
Undercooked 1st team from Dublin with the possibility of Scully and McHugh to come in from their successful 3rd team. Best chance anyone has of beating Dublin's 1st team all year though.
You'd imagine Cavan would be primed to be fit for the early stages of the league if staying in Division 1 is a priority.

Maybe if Cavan had their full team from last year they could give it a rattle but they have some important players not committing this year and also a really long injury list. I cant see anything but an easy Dublin win and to be honest I cannot see where we will get the scores we need to stay in Div 1. Hope I am wrong.

Is McKiernan out for the full year?

For the first few league games

rodney trotter

Quote from: Hound on January 30, 2017, 12:51:54 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 29, 2017, 04:00:56 PM
I see the Dubs third string sauntered to the O Byrne Cup today.
Question for the Dubs posters,Any of those lads likely to see action against Cavan or in  the rest of the National league???
The third string are getting a tad more hype than they probably deserve. Louth dominated the first half, but their shooting was ridiculously bad. We did play well the 2nd half, so have to hand them that.

Not clear what way Gavin will go now. Any of the first teamers will clearly be undercooked as mentioned above. So I'd guess there'll be a good sprinkling of the OBCuppers starting.

Dublin will probaly still want to start the League well since there is no League Semis this year, can't afford many slips ups.

cavanmaniac

Cavan are quietly content with preparations for this, by all accounts, and if you're ever going to catch the Dubs out it's in the first round of the league at home when their main men have been sunning themselves, but even allowing for that it's hard to find any reasons why to expect a Cavan win. Such an unknown quantity under a new manager that should implement a starkly different gameplan from the one that had entirely run its course under a great servant, Terry Hyland. I'm just hoping for some sort of positive start that gives the new project a good launchpad, in whatever form that might be parcelled. A filleting from the Dubs would be a major setback although I expect Cavan to be competitive and avoid that at the very least.

Should be good craic around the east of the county with the amount of exiled Dubs that moved down during the boom and now have kids playing club football in Cavan.

rodney trotter

Strong Dublin team named. None of the O Byrne Cup winning team starting.

Cunny Funt

The Dubs taking the league very serious with that strong round 1 team.

Shamrock Shore

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

imtommygunn

Massive difference in the conditioning of both teams. Cavan struggle to break a tackle. ( nit a dig at cavan as most teams would be the same)

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

manfromdelmonte

I always thought running straight into an opponent was charging

The Hill is Blue

I see Niall Scully, who made a big impression for the Dubs in the O'Byrne Cup, was TG4's man of the match today. It won't do his confidence any harm.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Jinxy

Quote from: armaghniac on February 05, 2017, 02:16:29 PM
Serious crowd, well over 20,000.

Official attendance was 16,000 but it looked like a lot more on telly.
Knowing Cavan folk, there were a fair few 'u-16s' with beards in attendance.
And that's just the women.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jinxy on February 05, 2017, 08:16:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 05, 2017, 02:16:29 PM
Serious crowd, well over 20,000.

Official attendance was 16,000 but it looked like a lot more on telly.
Knowing Cavan folk, there were a fair few 'u-16s' with beards in attendance.
And that's just the women.

Was more than 16000. Breffni nearly full and its capacity is 28000. I'd say the taxman will be told 16000.