Tyrone v Roscommon - Sunday 5th Feb 2017 2pm in Omagh

Started by Fuzzman, January 27, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: delgany on February 05, 2017, 11:10:23 PM
Mc namee with the missus hit free kick to Roscommon forward .

6500 at game

That's the problem right there, he shouldn't be with the missus when he's on the pitch.

Taylor

Kick of the ball away from AI final last year so just minor adjustments to be made.

Poor game yesterday but by god isnt it great to have proper football back.

Oneill, Harte and Sludden really good.

How many wides did we hit? it wont be good enough next week in CP. As long as we keep competitive right to the end it will be a positive but dublin normally get all the rubs of the green when they play at home.

Tubberman

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2017, 08:27:35 AM
Kick of the ball away from AI final last year so just minor adjustments to be made.

How many wides did we hit? it wont be good enough next week in CP. As long as we keep competitive right to the end it will be a positive but dublin normally get all the rubs of the green when they play at home.

No, you were the kick of the ball away from the AI semi-final last year.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Taylor

Quote from: Tubberman on February 06, 2017, 08:50:06 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2017, 08:27:35 AM

No, you were the kick of the ball away from the AI semi-final last year.

Tipp were a formality but yes, semi

Fuzzman

Taylor, do you mean Mickey O'Neill or Ronan?

It was a strange sort of a game where our usually tight defence looked unsure of themselves.
18 points is a good return but we missed a lot more. Ronan O'Neill for me was not interested. He reminds me of a sloth in everything he does. McCurry looked a lot more up for the game but he can be very erratic with his shooting quite often. McShane got a tough time at FF and not much protection from the ref who seemed determined not to use his cards.
We often struggle to put up a good performance in Omagh every year in the league and then when we go to Croker are like a totally different team. I hope so anyway.

Good turn out of Rossie fans I thought.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 06, 2017, 09:44:14 AM

It was a strange sort of a game where our usually tight defence looked unsure of themselves.
18 points is a good return but we missed a lot more. Ronan O'Neill for me was not interested. He reminds me of a sloth in everything he does. McCurry looked a lot more up for the game but he can be very erratic with his shooting quite often. McShane got a tough time at FF and not much protection from the ref who seemed determined not to use his cards.
We often struggle to put up a good performance in Omagh every year in the league and then when we go to Croker are like a totally different team. I hope so anyway.

Very harsh on Ronan O'Neill there Fuzz. I thought he worked hard out the field, did some good tackling back and put a few good balls into McCurry and McShane. However he will know himself that it is all about perfection at this level and he missed two easy frees that he should, and normally would, score with his eyes closed. He also missed a scoreable one from play in the first half and all of the above seemed to knock his confidence as, just before he was taken off, he found himself in a few metres of space at the edge of the D and instead of banging it over the bar without thinking he passed it off to someone else and the move was snuffed out.

McCurry's accuracy yesterday was poor. He could have ended up with about 6 from play such was the chances he had but it seemed to be one of those days where nothing would go over for him.

Sparky was very good when he came on and I'd expect him to start next week in place of O'Neill although that leaves us with no right footed free taker unless big Sean also comes into the side.

tyroneman

Really struggling to see what mc Shane brings at FF. He doesn't seem suited to the role and is far more effective out the pitch running toward goals.

Once again the free kick jinx hits us. Neither McCurry or Ron look anywhere near consistent amd we have very few other options, especially for right footed frees.

Sludden looks the real deal. Very composed, very intelligent use of the ball.

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 06, 2017, 09:44:14 AM

Mickey - disappointed in Ronan. Too laboured for how we need to play - we are all about speed of movement and thought whereas Ronan seems the opposite

Fuzzman

It's amazing how many left footers we have in the squad and to me Peter Harte should be hitting all the frees from the right. I don't think it's a good idea for it to be passed from player to player and it looks like another season starts with the exact same problem again.

Ronan can be such a skillful player but I just don't think we can carry someone like him who is just so slow in everything he does. With the way teams are set up defensively nowadays forwards get very little time and space on the ball so when you do get it, you need to use it or get rid of it quickly again.
I just thought Ronan yesterday showed us all again the bad side to his game and then within minutes of coming on Sparky showed us exactly what we were missing. Much better movement, shows much better for the ball and uses it quickly or shoots before he can be boxed in.
Conal McCann's effort at the free wasn't great either was it? I just think in the tougher games against the top 3 teams that our lack of scores from frees will be the difference to winning and losing. I presume Sean will start against the Dubs who looked to have nearly a full team back against Cavan including Macauley playing well at MF and McCaffrey at wing back.

I agree McShane is better running towards goal than with his back to it. He's more of a natural midfielder or wing forward I'd say.

Rossfan

We were well bet yesterday and most of us are relieved to have got away with a 6 point defeat. We even got it to 3 points once or twice.
Defence wide open so often, nothing at midfield  forwards operating as individuals, fitness issues, lack of awareness and so on.
Some good counter attacking, we never threw in the towel, Fintan and Devaney probably our best on the day, Donie Smith some great scores, Mullooly good with ball in hand but CHB not so good.
18 points and 11 wides for Tyrone
10 scores and 7 wides for us.
Tells the story.
Next Sunday will let us know what the NFL holds in store for us.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Oh and us supporters turned up as usual despite shite roads and fog etc

Taylor

O and the Rossies are really poor - on par with most of the average Div 2 teams. Wont stay up this year unless they win all their home games

Dire Ear

Quote from: Rossfan on February 06, 2017, 10:52:00 AM

What way did you come ?  Can't help with the fog !!!

Rossfan

Quote from: Dire Ear on February 06, 2017, 01:24:24 PM

From house to Carrick then Blacklion, Enniskillen.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on February 06, 2017, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on February 06, 2017, 01:24:24 PM

From house to Carrick then Blacklion, Enniskillen.

That particular stretch is awful.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.