Kerry's Aidan O'Mahony retires

Started by Fuzzman, January 23, 2017, 12:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2017, 06:58:39 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 23, 2017, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2017, 12:31:52 PM
Special thanks to Mayo and Cork for the All Irelands.

He was lucky Galway were not a force during his time, as Galway have an outstanding record the last 50 years against Kerry (and Dublin)!
Without Mayo and Cork, Kerry woukd have won very little recently.
Even by your standards that's some silly comment ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Decent player who had a great career. Fair play to him!
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Exactly fair play a typical Kerry warrior.

Unlaoised

He loves the sunbed does Aidan...

Good player but thought his performance v Donegal in all ireland final where he never looked at the ball once and just slapped pinched and constantly chatted and laughed in Micheal Murphys face for 70 mins leaves a sour taste.He was doing a job but really he took it to far that day and it will always stick in my mind from being at the game as a neutral
LAOIS ABÚ

Fuzzman

He was chatting to Matt Cooper yesterday evening on the Last Word and he was saying that the 2005 & 2008 defeats to Tyrone were the worst defeats for him and the win over Donegal in 2014 was the best as they'd finally beaten the dreaded blanket defence.
Do Kerry have any dark sided players left now or was he their last?

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 24, 2017, 11:26:44 AM
He was chatting to Matt Cooper yesterday evening on the Last Word and he was saying that the 2005 & 2008 defeats to Tyrone were the worst defeats for him and the win over Donegal in 2014 was the best as they'd finally beaten the dreaded blanket defence.
Kerry lost all Irelands to Dublin, Armagh and Tyrone
They beat Mayo, Cork and Donegal
They would love to have been able to beat Dublin and Tyrone

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2017, 08:52:38 PM

Hmmm. This is about Aidan O Mahoney and he was not involved in Armagh final.
Not sure what your point is here but if it is what I suspect it is, then it is poor form indeed.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 24, 2017, 10:44:46 AM

Good player but thought his performance v Donegal in all ireland final where he never looked at the ball once and just slapped pinched and constantly chatted and laughed in Micheal Murphys face for 70 mins leaves a sour taste.He was doing a job but really he took it to far that day and it will always stick in my mind from being at the game as a neutral
Agree 100%  I don't like this side of the game but were the McGee boys not at similar at the other end of the field?

Il Bomber Destro

The first GAA player to fail a doping test.

moysider

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 24, 2017, 11:06:27 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on January 24, 2017, 10:44:46 AM

Agree 100%  I don't like this side of the game but were the McGee boys not at similar at the other end of the field?

Exactly. It's very much a gaelic football thing too, and maybe to a lesser degree hurling. The opportunity to get physically and verbally involved with opponents away from the ball doesn't really happen in other sports. In GAA you can be verbally and physically abused 100 metres from the ball with impunity most of the time. A player who reacts to abuse often ends up getting punished by referees.

moysider

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

Asthma related. I suspect at this stage all footballers and athletes are declared astmathetics so you can legally take a hit. Remember to case of Frankie Sheehan failing a test and the defence was he overheated (needed ice bath) and had breathing difficulties after a match. If a doctor says your asthmatic then you're asthmatic. I reckon everybody can have breathing issues from time to time.

greatpoint

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2017, 08:52:38 PM

I suppose the irony that they had to use the blanket defence to beat it was lost on Aidan.

GalwayBayBoy

Syferus

It would have to be a Kerryman to take pride in beating the blanket by playing an even worse version of it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: moysider on January 24, 2017, 11:34:54 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

Asthma related. I suspect at this stage all footballers and athletes are declared astmathetics so you can legally take a hit. Remember to case of Frankie Sheehan failing a test and the defence was he overheated (needed ice bath) and had breathing difficulties after a match. If a doctor says your asthmatic then you're asthmatic. I reckon everybody can have breathing issues from time to time.

And he was well aware of the maximum dosage he was allowed.