Author Topic: Arlene and The Renewable Heat Incentive  (Read 55421 times)

Take Your Points

• View Profile
Re: Arlene and The Renewable Heat Incentive
« Reply #570 on: January 11, 2017, 11:25:05 PM »
There is too much going on within SF and this has allowed Adams to come back to the fore unmoderated by McGuinness. Nothing in their actions suggests a coherent approach to the situation in the Executive.

SF would not join a vote of no confidence against Foster that would have gone down well with electorate but now are willing to pull down the government.

SF produced a draft programme for government along with DUP and sent it out for consultation.  It contained to reference to the Irish Language Act but now this is an issue for them.

They could exact a lot from DUP via immediate talks as neither SF or DUP wants an election but the issue is being pushed by SF forces beyond its MLAs.

M O'Neill has now been pushed to the forefront as the spokesperson and lead negotiator. 

Interesting article and comment from Ed Maloney

Both would take precedent over Arlene and her tricks, methought….”
Mick Fealty on 11 January 2017

Okay, so for the awkwardness around this whole election thingee, I’m going to leave it up to Ed Moloney to say what needs to be said about the real reasons for the departure of Martin McGuinness.

When I watched McGuinness on the BBC’s website yesterday afternoon my overwhelming thought was that this man isn’t quitting because he is fed up with Arlene Foster, the DUP and their little scheme to enrich their farmer friends (at least those with large empty sheds to heat), although I am sure he is.

No, my thought was that this man wants to go home to be with his family for his last days in this world. McGuinness is a devout Catholic, the sort who daily wears a scapular – so I am assured – and so he would also want to make peace with his God, something that promises to be an interesting exercise. Both would take precedent over Arlene and her tricks, methought.

Call me cynical but I have had more than two decades of dealings with Martin McGuinness’ comrades and so my second thought, based on that toilsome experience, was that what we were seeing was another Provo bunco game designed to make us believe the unbelievable.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 12, 2017, 09:03:31 AM »
What has the north come to that they're lionising McGuiness. The sooner the reigns of power is wrested away from his generation on both sides of the divide the better for everyone.

No wides

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 12, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
What has the north come to that they're lionising McGuiness. The sooner the reigns of power is wrested away from his generation on both sides of the divide the better for everyone.

And given to Paul Givan for example?

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 12, 2017, 09:29:20 AM »
Givan has reinstated the Liofa bursaries, saying he has now found the money!

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 12, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »

If you don't possess the basic levels of vocabulary and grammar required to form a simple sentence correctly don't expect that your opinion on complex matters will be given much weight.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 12, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »

DUP are in panic mode.  I wouldn't be surprised if they throw Foster under the bus before an election.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2017, 10:11:01 AM »
Lots of plámásing all of a sudden. I don't think HMG wants an election
Last of the choc-ices there now

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2017, 10:13:44 AM »
I don't think they are panicking, nor will they ditch Arlene unless something comes out of the wood work. They are still a party split into at least two factions Paisley/Dodds. I think Ian go is biding his time to seek revenge. As for McGuinness without him and Adams we would not be where we are today.

Take Your Points

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »
DUP knows that an election brings and end to its immediate access to the emergency brake of the petition of concern to prevent criticism by others or motions it does not want.  It will be returned with less than 30 seats and it will still require 30 signatures for a petition of concern that it can easily muster with its 34 seats.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 12, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »
DUP knows that an election brings and end to its immediate access to the emergency brake of the petition of concern to prevent criticism by others or motions it does not want.  It will be returned with less than 30 seats and it will still require 30 signatures for a petition of concern that it can easily muster with its 34 seats.
Don't worry when it matters Mike will tow the line.

Take Your Points

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »
Minister Given is a member of the Paisley faction and it is a blow to him and them to have to come crawling back with his lame excuse for restoring funding.  Jim Allister is mocking them big time and he now has an example of DUP rollover to SF as he sees it.

sensethetone

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 12, 2017, 10:23:03 AM »
Mike will tow the line, that's why Tom Elliot in an MP.

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 12, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
Mike will tow the line, that's why Tom Elliot in an MP.

Be more interesting to see if he toes the line though.

Take Your Points

• View Profile