Author Topic: Arlene and The Renewable Heat Incentive  (Read 58131 times)

Frank_The_Tank

• View Profile
Re: Arlene and The Renewable Heat Incentive
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
On another point its a pity people weren't a bit more ethical in using them.  Heating on with windows open just to get more money...do they not realise it is public money they are getting that could be spent on hospitals/infrastructure/education.

Yeah right.
Ethics in this case would be growing tomatoes and not cannabis.

How do you work that out?  Do you think it is ethical for a college to have the heating on 24/7 with windows open in the middle of summer when it is 24 degrees outside.  Or for a farmer to heat and empty shed?

I don't think it ethical at all, but in such cases people are not ethical.

I know they aren't - hence why i wrote its a pity people weren't more ethical as it is public money that could be spent on education hospitals etc they are 'burning'

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 07:01:59 PM »
A massive f@ck up.  Heads should roll in the civil service as well.  Some of them.are on 60-100k a year salaries and are still employed.

On another point its a pity people weren't a bit more ethical in using them.  Heating on with windows open just to get more money...do they not realise it is public money they are getting that could be spent on hospitals/infrastructure/education.

Yeah and maybe if they'd stop giving grants for bonfires, people would have to pay less in Rates. People will always be screwed out of their own money no matter how much is wasted or saved by government.

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »
Not to mention small amounts going to the UDA

cornerback

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »
There was some amount of squirming from Simon Hamilton last night on The View.  Unfortunately, I missed the start of the interview but Mark Carruthers had him rattled a few times & SH is usually very composed in interviews.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
Not to mention small amounts going to the UDA
The UDA needs to modernise its music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H6emkn5BOU&list=PL10982C67BFB0D732

The UVF are further ahead on the curve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMGmuJBKOM8

but still a good bit behind the Fenians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq6k0D7w_0
Last of the choc-ices there now

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »
There was some amount of squirming from Simon Hamilton last night on The View.  Unfortunately, I missed the start of the interview but Mark Carruthers had him rattled a few times & SH is usually very composed in interviews.

Complete bluffing from start to finish.

sensethetone

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 12:55:14 PM »

Yes it appeared Carruthers was pressing Simon Hamilton, but I imagine the DUP only agreed to the interview with the pre-condition that it was one on one not Simon vs 2-3 others looking answers and trying to trip him  up. I think he got of light.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »

Yes it appeared Carruthers was pressing Simon Hamilton, but I imagine the DUP only agreed to the interview with the pre-condition that it was one on one not Simon vs 2-3 others looking answers and trying to trip him  up. I think he got of light.

Yeah probably.  One interesting thing Carruthers did say was the bit about "would some of the names of those who received the grant be embarrassing to the DUP?"  I don't think Carruthers would have asked that if the answer was "no".  I suspect the BBC have the names.

Take Your Points

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:38 PM »
Probably find the PWC report of its visits to the hot sheds has become available.  Nolan appeared to know that the heat was also being pumped into residential properties beside the sheds.  Has the potential to do more damage to DUP than NAMA as cronyism and corruption in relation to heating resounds much more to most people as they fear the cost of heating their own homes as we head into the long winter months.

Expect some civil servant to be sacrificed by Arlene when she returns.  Only thing saving them at the minute is the fear that a sacked civil servant will highlight the incompetency of the departments at the highest levels and how poor the politicians are in post when they are expected to have managerial and leadership qualities that are well beyond most of them. 

The Strangford ferry debacle was obviously fed to the BBC to take the heat off the wood pellet scandal and put Infrastructure department under pressure as it can ultimately be blamed on Danny Kennedy and away from the SF-DUP axis.

Nolan really went to town on the SIF and DUP-SF leadership today with the help of the PSNI.  Managed to force a strong statement from the first ministers on a day when both were absent from the Hill.  The type of statement that should have been issued on the first day instead of self and mutual protection that has characterised their reactions to date.

Walt Jabsco

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 09:10:48 PM »
Probably find the PWC report of its visits to the hot sheds has become available.  Nolan appeared to know that the heat was also being pumped into residential properties beside the sheds.  Has the potential to do more damage to DUP than NAMA as cronyism and corruption in relation to heating resounds much more to most people as they fear the cost of heating their own homes as we head into the long winter months.

Expect some civil servant to be sacrificed by Arlene when she returns.  Only thing saving them at the minute is the fear that a sacked civil servant will highlight the incompetency of the departments at the highest levels and how poor the politicians are in post when they are expected to have managerial and leadership qualities that are well beyond most of them. 

The Strangford ferry debacle was obviously fed to the BBC to take the heat off the wood pellet scandal and put Infrastructure department under pressure as it can ultimately be blamed on Danny Kennedy and away from the SF-DUP axis.

Nolan really went to town on the SIF and DUP-SF leadership today with the help of the PSNI.  Managed to force a strong statement from the first ministers on a day when both were absent from the Hill.  The type of statement that should have been issued on the first day instead of self and mutual protection that has characterised their reactions to date.

As much as I would like to believe that the DUPs were trying to deflect from their own woes The reporter lives in the locality and would know some of the interviewees on his piece well and this I believe is where the story was generated from

Take Your Points

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »
Timing is everything.  The ferry mess has been known to those involved for some time and now centres on a row between the Executive and the manufacturer with both claiming to be right.

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
So Arlene's team heard the whistleblowers opinion on how the scheme was wide open for abuse and rather than close the scheme the DUP got their noses into the trough?  Public Inquiry surely to identify the names of those who signed up AFTER the scam was exposed.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 07:12:34 PM »
http://www.irishnews.com/news/2016/12/10/news/dup-special-adviser-s-brother-is-among-rhi-claimants-828483/

In England or Scotland, there would be immediate resignations.

In the 26, there might be a single resignation after a period of media pressure.

In the wee 6, a deal will be done between DUP and SF, and life will go on as normal, nothing to see here.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
http://www.irishnews.com/news/2016/12/10/news/dup-special-adviser-s-brother-is-among-rhi-claimants-828483/

In England or Scotland, there would be immediate resignations.

In the 26, there might be a single resignation after a period of media pressure.

In the wee 6, a deal will be done between DUP and SF, and life will go on as normal, nothing to see here.
No politicians of any importance will go. A couple of civil servants will no doubt get reassigned to another post on full pay. The Shinners won't rock the boat as they don't give a shit about the taxpayer.