Sigerson 2017

Started by ck, December 03, 2016, 02:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take Your Points

Quote from: FermGael on February 18, 2017, 06:21:38 PM
Anybody who thinks that St Mary's team is intercounty player heavy really does need to go and look at the team line out again.

St Mary's – M Reid; R Mooney, A McKay, K Mallon; C Byrne, C Mac Iomhar, C Meyler; C McCann, O O'Neill; C Corrigan, K McGeary, S McConville; K McKernan, M Fitzpatrick, C McShane.

Subs: C Quinn for McConville (45), Hannigan for Mallon (63).

I would class McKiernan, O Neill, Fitzpatrick, Meyler and McShane as regulars for their county. McCann is on the Tyrone panel as is Corrigan on the Fermanagh panel.
Any of the rest regulars for their county ?

So, half are inter county panellists. Not bad.

mrhardyannual

Thoroughly enjoyed my first Sigerson final. Well deserved win for Mary's who played with far more flair and passion. UCD were like many current inter-county teams ... coached to retain possession to such a degree that they were afraid to shoot from scorable positions. Mary's were prepared to have a go. As a neutral I thought the ref was okay, applied the rules similarly for both sides. UCD should have got a free in at the end but that balanced a similar call at the other end 5/10nmins earlier. Mary's support play was superb but their keeper had us all on the edge. Meyler was a class apart. Poor form by UCD players (not all of them) who left the pitch during acceptance speech.

Throw ball

Thought McKernan used his experience to get St Mary's over the line. For one of the younger players O'Neill showed great composure. Meylor deservedly got man of match.

David McKeown

Great win for the ranch. Particular congratulations to my club mates who were involved in both the playing and coaching.

On an aside have St Mary's and QUB still got that problem over whether St Mary's students can play for QUB?  Or has that been resolved?  If so how?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ONeill

Brilliant for Paddy Tally. He's put a lot of time into Ranch GAA over the years, coping with that disease Mickey says he has.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

yellowcard

Quote from: ONeill on February 18, 2017, 08:36:24 PM
Brilliant for Paddy Tally. He's put a lot of time into Ranch GAA over the years, coping with that disease Mickey says he has.

Huh?

Outstanding achievement by the ranch, some big individual talents on that side, the best of them unfortunately from Tyrone. However it was the strength of the collective that got them the title. McCaffrey and Mannion had little impact on the game for UCD and McCaffrey today looked like he has lost a bit of the dash he had a few years ago. When it became a battle in the last 10/15 mins Meyler was the one player who stood above all others even if he is fond of the Tyrone histrionics on occasion.

Il Bomber Destro

Very impressed with McCann today too, was really to the fore in the first half. Took his points well, set up a few more and won a lot of ball around the middle.

yellowcard

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 18, 2017, 09:50:48 PM
Very impressed with McCann today too, was really to the fore in the first half. Took his points well, set up a few more and won a lot of ball around the middle.

Best player on the pitch in the first half, he was everywhere.

The Trap

Omagh Gael. ....you say you can't wait to see conor playing for the county. What about playing for your club?

bennydorano

Quote from: Throw ball on February 18, 2017, 08:00:54 PM
Thought McKernan used his experience to get St Mary's over the line. For one of the younger players O'Neill showed great composure. Meylor deservedly got man of match.
I thought McKernan's role was central to success myself. More fight & passion in St Marys.

omagh_gael

Quote from: The Trap on February 18, 2017, 10:31:24 PM
Omagh Gael. ....you say you can't wait to see conor playing for the county. What about playing for your club?

Not 100% sure of the situation at the club, I've been out of Omagh for 6 years so not up to speed.

regal

Fantastic performance and result from st Mary's. Delighted for all involved. From an Armagh point of view, it's brilliant to see O'Neill and McKay and a few others to the fore. Some of the Tyrone lads were absolutely fantastic as was Kevin McKenna. Great for Ulster football

RedHandTom

Hup the ranch. Backboned and managed by Tyrone men too.

regal

Yeah yeah yeah, great day for Ulster although it's shaming on uuj

Aaron Boone

Are St Pats Drumcondra the Southern equivalent of St Mary's? They'd be well off today's level of football.