Author Topic: Gaels amalgamations  (Read 53004 times)

blueandwhite1

• View Profile
Re: Gaels amalgamations
« Reply #495 on: January 30, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
I see Castletown are down as Castletown Gaels in Palmer Cup competition on Laois today site. I take it is that with slieve bloom?

Yep.

Palmer cup only or for the year?

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 30, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »
Any word on Trumera and Ballinakill? I would have assumed it would be approved or declined last night.
It was "approved" last night at county level. But the word is Croke Park are unlikely to allow it.

merman

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 30, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
I see Castletown are down as Castletown Gaels in Palmer Cup competition on Laois today site. I take it is that with slieve bloom?

Yep.

Palmer cup only or for the year?

For the year.
Big boost for Castletown. This year was always likely to be a crucial one; Slieve Bloom have a couple of promising young hurlers coming into adult ranks.

Keyser Söze

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
Any word on Trumera and Ballinakill? I would have assumed it would be approved or declined last night.
It was "approved" last night at county level. But the word is Croke Park are unlikely to allow it.

And so it should be blocked. No reason for allowing it. I don't understand how or why CB allowed it to be "passed" when it blatantly goes against their own bye laws introduced specifically to stop this kind of thing?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

hurlingmad

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 31, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »

It shouldn't be approved anyway, these bed hopping amalgamations are the very thing brought up as an issue last year, although Trumera will probably say they cannot field a team on their own or something along those lines.

merman

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2018, 08:08:29 PM »
If Trumera go that route then surely they shouldn't be allowed compete at Senior A level on their own.

They have joined up with Mountrath at all juvenile grades. There had been a link with Raheen Parish Gaels but that seems to have fallen through.

burdizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 31, 2018, 08:23:22 PM »
In fairness, it was more of an ad hoc arrangement with Raheen Parish Gaels, and the move to Mountrath is an attempt to streamline matters, and have all their players playing underage in the one place, I suppose.

hurlingmad

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 01, 2018, 12:32:33 AM »
In fairness, it was more of an ad hoc arrangement with Raheen Parish Gaels, and the move to Mountrath is an attempt to streamline matters, and have all their players playing underage in the one place, I suppose.

Oh God knows, they were allowed to join up with Kyle and play junior b or c on their own a couple of years ago, so on a different note are park/timahoe a full amalgamation or will they play junior on their own or play football on their own?

merman

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 01, 2018, 07:51:39 AM »
Timahoe and Park is a full amalgamation as a new hurling club. They will likely enter two teams; one in intermediate and one in Junior B.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:53:29 AM by merman »

Junior Ex Laoistalk

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 02, 2018, 01:52:13 AM »
Football Amalgamations for 2018 .....  Laois Today.

Ballyfin Gaels – Senior Football Championship – Ballyfin (SFC) with players from Slieve Bloom (JFC “C”)

Clonaslee St Manmans Gaels – Senior Football Championship – Clonaslee St Manmans (SFC) with players from Annanough (IFC)

Crettyard Gaels – Senior Football Championship – Crettyard (SFC) with players from Spink (JFC)

Mountmellick Gaels – Intermediate Football Championship – Mountmellick (SFC) with players from Castletown (JFC “C”)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!