Inter Provincial Championships

Started by Rossfan, December 01, 2016, 04:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 11, 2016, 12:34:29 PM
Actually disgusted we lost to Connacht.
Whoever the Leinster manager is, I want him gone.
Also, the players should hang their heads in shame, whoever they were.

I thought it was a good performance from Westmeath. The other teams in the team let the team down.

We did our best, scored 1-12 out of 1-18. The other 10 counties would want to take a long hard look at themselves.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 12, 2016, 12:03:35 AM
Very true moysider and other Leitrim options could be Kevin Conlan,Gary Reynolds,Paddy Maguire and Sligo Charlie Harrison,Cian Breheny,Pat Hughes,Neil Ewing,Adrian Marren.

Hughes and Ewing maybe. Some of the others aren't starters for Sligo. Disappointed to see Kevin McD listed in the FB line. One of my main hopes for 2017 is that he gets released from the FB line to play farther out the field. class player though, can do a job anywhere.

Jinxy

No doubt the Kildare lads went missing again.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Ulster v Connacht final, Sat 2pm in Carrick on Shannon.

The GAA obviously driving another nail into the Railway Cup coffin. Might attract a few hen parties at least though.

Jinxy

At least the players will get a decent night out of it.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2016, 03:00:41 PM

The GAA obviously driving another nail into the Railway Cup coffin. Might attract a few hen parties at least though.

What's with a few of the Ulster lads having a hard-on for this annual excuse for a beer-up anyways?

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2016, 03:00:41 PM

Was Nolan Park not available?
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

We've moved on from flogging a dead horse to feeding it carrots.

AZOffaly

I see the hurling is on at prime time, this Thursday night in Thurles. I might head on over though, Munster v Leinster.

Captain Scarlet

Surely, as I'm sure was pointed out, the best thing would be to turn into some kind of an event game with added craic.
Run it off as festival down the country somewhere which would attract people for a sess and to watch it.
Just looking at Comórtas every year on TG4 it looks class and gets more of a crowd considering the teams are from some of the most sparsely populated parts of Ireland.
Do it on a Bank Holiday weekend and make room for it. Like the NBA All Star weekend where you have the big games and then all the exhibition stuff.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Jinxy

As a wise young woman from the North once said, "Let it go!"

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2016, 04:37:47 PM
I see the hurling is on at prime time, this Thursday night in Thurles. I might head on over though, Munster v Leinster.

Who are you supporting?  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 12, 2016, 10:02:33 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 12, 2016, 12:03:35 AM
Very true moysider and other Leitrim options could be Kevin Conlan,Gary Reynolds,Paddy Maguire and Sligo Charlie Harrison,Cian Breheny,Pat Hughes,Neil Ewing,Adrian Marren.

Hughes and Ewing maybe. Some of the others aren't starters for Sligo. Disappointed to see Kevin McD listed in the FB line. One of my main hopes for 2017 is that he gets released from the FB line to play farther out the field. class player though, can do a job anywhere.
Breheny,Harrison had injuries problems this year and Marren is one of top scoring forwards in Connacht.

criostlinn

Quote from: Rossfan on December 11, 2016, 09:38:37 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 11, 2016, 09:27:59 PM

Dublin probably think it's beneath them.
Their contracts don't allow them to.

No way they were travelling outside the M50 for this. Surely this game should have been fixed for croke park to facilitate the All Ireland champions.

Rossfan

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 12, 2016, 04:49:03 PM

Run it off as festival down the country somewhere
You ever get outside the M50? ::)
We'll see how many turn up in Carrick Saturday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM