Brazilian football team plane crash

Started by bennydorano, November 29, 2016, 08:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

stew

Awful stuff, 25 dead out of 81 travelers, looking at the wreckage it is a wonder anyone survived.

This is awful stuff altogether, thoughts and prayers with the victims families
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Latest toll is 76 dead and 5 survivors.

seafoid

They were going to play in the  equivalent of the UEFA cup final

muppet

That's very sad. Aside from the families, think of all the kids who worship their team hearing that news.

RIP.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2016, 02:01:17 PM
That's very sad. Aside from the families, think of all the kids who worship their team hearing that news.

RIP.

Modern day Munich disaster for these poor people, I wonder will get game get played eventually, will they get players they way United did back in the day?

76 dead now, wow.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

armaghniac

This plane was formerly owned by Cityjet, many of us have probably been on it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Very sad. I remember the same happening the Zambian national football team in the early '90s
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: stew on November 29, 2016, 02:39:56 PM

RIP.

Modern day Munich disaster for these poor people, I wonder will get game get played eventually, will they get players they way United did back in the day?

76 dead now, wow.

Collection of Brazilian clubs prepared to loan them players for free in 2017 and have asked that they be exempt from relegation for the next 3 years. Apparently PSG are giving them €40m as well.

Jeepers Creepers

GJL

Quote from: stew on November 29, 2016, 02:39:56 PM

RIP.

76 dead now, wow.

It is awful. Thought of Munich as soon as I heard about it. I think the other finalists have asked that the cup be handed to them. Nice gesture.

armaghniac

Plane just ran out of fuel, apparently.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Looking at that wreckage, how did ANYONE survive? :o

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2016, 12:10:40 AM
Plane just ran out of fuel, apparently.

According to the ESPN website, the route was right at the outer edge of the plane's range, distance-wise, so fuel could have been an issue.

Of course, this is still all speculation.

Apparently this plane flew the Argentinian team two weeks ago, and the Brazilian and Venezuelan teams in the past couple of months.