Proposed Papal Visit to Ireland.Will it

Started by T Fearon, November 23, 2016, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

arrest at least,if not reverse,the lamentable anti Catholicism and general spread of atheism in the free state?

BennyCake

Atheism is not believing in God(s). I don't see how an atheist would believe in God again just because the pope comes to town. You can't force adults to believe in a god

T Fearon

He isn't obviously going to force anyone,but the question is can his visit inspire people to rethink and perhaps return to their faith

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2016, 08:59:08 PM
He isn't obviously going to force anyone,but the question is can his visit inspire people to rethink and perhaps return to their faith
God obviously wanted people to leave the Church, Tony. That is why she sent those rapists.
To fulfil Scripture. We are just pawns in the great game of God. How else does she fix sports results ?

bennydorano

If he makes a reality TV show out of it maybe, the cult of  celebrity trumps all these days.

His visit will undoubtedly by popular, mainly because it'll be something out of the ordinary for people.

foxcommander

Enda Kenny is off to the Vatican next week to welcome Pope Francis' decision to hold the World meeting of families in Dublin in 2018.

Still don't know why since he's going as he's been leading the destruction of families since he took office.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on November 23, 2016, 10:40:13 PM
If he makes a reality TV show out of it maybe, the cult of  celebrity trumps all these days.

His visit will undoubtedly by popular, mainly because it'll be something out of the ordinary for people.
Conor McGregor might draw a bigger crowd these days. It's a pity Paisley didn't stick around to see it.

foxcommander

Not to mention overseeing the destruction of the Church run schools in favour of those educate together mumbo jumbo ones.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

ONeill

Them Popes were some hoors back in the day. Brothels in the Basilica, paedophilia in St Peters....digging up old Popes for the craic....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Would be grand to see His Holiness come to visit us.
Hopefully he'll bring the simple Christian message of love and tell his members to forget all the technicality religion a lot of them are hung up on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2016, 08:47:38 PM
arrest at least,if not reverse,the lamentable anti Catholicism and general spread of atheism in the free state?

I hope it does lead to some arrests!
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

It would be great if he came.  He is a breath of  fresh air after the last 2 popes.  A real man of the people and I know of many people who would be very excited to see him here.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 24, 2016, 11:11:09 AM
It would be great if he came.  He is a breath of  fresh air after the last 2 popes.  A real man of the people and I know of many people who would be very excited to see him here.

But does having a seemingly friendlier pope really going to matter in the day to day lives of the average catholic? Is their lives so much more enriched because the current pope seems like a nice fella?

The economy is still fcuked, billions in poverty, cuts left right and centre, the A5 road still not built... but the pope is great. Ah sure all is well with the world then!

balladmaker

I know a lad in the midlands who is banking on the visit, he's at the ready with the Papal scarfs, headbands and flags all branded as 2018!  Same fella took an awful roasting on Garth a couple of years back, has a shed load of stetsons at the ready as well.

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2016, 08:47:38 PM

You say that like the spread of atheism is a bad thing!