Serbia deports Russians suspected of plotting Montenegro coup

Started by ludermor, November 11, 2016, 02:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 14, 2016, 02:15:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2016, 01:23:20 PM
It is ridiculous to say war is part of capitalism and just leave it hanging.

Communists seem to like it as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Soviet_Union

It could be argued that war is a favourite tactic of the far-left AND the far-right.

The Revolving Door Syndrome linking the US legislature and executive branches to the arms industry, which is directly facilitated by Capitalism, would show you that war and capitalism are intricately linked. Plenty of profits to be made by plenty of people in the US ruling classes by war. It also conveniently distracts the masses from the real problems in society.

I am not disputing that.

I am merely arguing that the far-left have also been huge fans of, and benefitted from, war. For all of the US munitions, the most successful of all time was the AK47: http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/266561468141574815/pdf/wps4202.pdf

As of 2004, "Of the estimated 500 million firearms worldwide, approximately 100 million belong to the Kalashnikov family, three-quarters of which are AK-47s"
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2016, 01:53:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2016, 01:34:05 PM

Communists seem to like it as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Soviet_Union

It could be argued that war is a favourite tactic of the far-left AND the far-right.
Communism is only 150 years old, Muppet.

And it is a subcategory of capitalism.

The races of Castlebar in 1798 followed an economic collapse in the 1770s that led to the French Revolution.
A lot of the themes are repeated now.

If schools in the US become chaotic maybe it will be like the Cultural Revolution which was a left wing thing in China
It doesn't really matter whether the chaos is left wing or right wing

Really?

The only real connection I can see between Communism and extreme capitalism (e.g Wall St.) is that they both fail regularly and even when they aren't failing, the ordinary people pay.

As for the Races of Castlebar, that wasn't about economic collapse in Mayo. The local economy was in the middle of the flax boom. It was as much to do with the ethnic cleansing in Ulster (Battle of the Diamond etc which brought expertise in linen production) displacing families to Connacht, the agitation of the French and the historical hatred of British Rule as anything else.

While Napoleon was on the scene, Mayo did ok. Even some of the families who remained 'loyal to the crown' in 1798 were secretly supplying his armies with linen for uniforms.
War is about allocating losses . The Castlebar thing was about collapse in France    This is the first economic collapse in centuries that hasn't involved war in Ireland.
When NapoLéon was finally defeated the local economy collapsed.  It was never built on sustainable lines 
Landlordism is is a more extreme form of income inequality

Capitalism is inherently unstablé.  And prone to stagnation. 

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2016, 03:59:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2016, 01:53:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2016, 01:34:05 PM

Communism is only 150 years old, Muppet.

And it is a subcategory of capitalism.

The races of Castlebar in 1798 followed an economic collapse in the 1770s that led to the French Revolution.
A lot of the themes are repeated now.

If schools in the US become chaotic maybe it will be like the Cultural Revolution which was a left wing thing in China
It doesn't really matter whether the chaos is left wing or right wing

Really?

The only real connection I can see between Communism and extreme capitalism (e.g Wall St.) is that they both fail regularly and even when they aren't failing, the ordinary people pay.

As for the Races of Castlebar, that wasn't about economic collapse in Mayo. The local economy was in the middle of the flax boom. It was as much to do with the ethnic cleansing in Ulster (Battle of the Diamond etc which brought expertise in linen production) displacing families to Connacht, the agitation of the French and the historical hatred of British Rule as anything else.

While Napoleon was on the scene, Mayo did ok. Even some of the families who remained 'loyal to the crown' in 1798 were secretly supplying his armies with linen for uniforms.
War is about allocating losses . The Castlebar thing was about collapse in France    This is the first economic collapse in centuries that hasn't involved war in Ireland.
When NapoLéon was finally defeated the local economy collapsed.  It was never built on sustainable lines
Landlordism is is a more extreme form of income inequality

Capitalism is inherently unstablé.  And prone to stagnation.

Can you show me any economy in history that was permanently sustainable?
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Please don't as it will involve thousands of pages from quotes from wiki and 'experts'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Muppet your line is that war is lefty too. Fine.
I don't care whether it is left or right wing who murder your children. Mao was worse than Hitler .

I want to understand what drives it. The answer is macroeconomics.
Some countries are martial. Others aren't. 
Yanks are
Thank you for your testicles.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2016, 08:15:29 PM
Please don't as it will involve thousands of pages from quotes from wiki and 'experts'

Give me those over your inane shite any day.  Do you ever contribute anything useful?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2016, 09:32:59 AM

Give me those over your inane shite any day.  Do you ever contribute anything useful?

No, do you?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2016, 01:34:21 PM

No, do you?

Yes, glad to see you admitting it.  Good man, that's the first step.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2016, 01:39:31 PM

No, do you?

Which is? other than follow me around

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2016, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2016, 01:39:31 PM

No, do you?

Which is? other than follow me around

Not getting drawn into another of these tit-for-tat affairs that you seem to involve yourself in with so many posters.

Good luck with your recovery, try to stick to the topic of the threads.