McGrath Cup 2017

Started by Horse Box, November 08, 2016, 07:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Most likely tipp town alright....clonmel has the antrim game so they'll probably not hold any games there beforehand

AZOffaly

Looks like Steven O'Brien is giving the hurlers another lash. Fair play to him he obviously really wants to make it as a Tipp hurler, but it is a savage blow for the footballers. This is a huge year again, and if you had him anchoring the midfield, especially with Acheson in the middle east, it would be a great start.

Horse Box

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 28, 2016, 11:36:31 AM
Looks like Steven O'Brien is giving the hurlers another lash. Fair play to him he obviously really wants to make it as a Tipp hurler, but it is a savage blow for the footballers. This is a huge year again, and if you had him anchoring the midfield, especially with Acheson in the middle east, it would be a great start.

He`ll be back for the Championship ! The Cork McGrath cup game is midweek so probably Dr Morris Park I reckon .

AZOffaly

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Horse Box on November 10, 2016, 05:29:50 PM
Conor Kenny from Borrisoleigh , another lad from North Tipp that doesn`t play Club Football ! If he`s good enough though . Would like to see Buggy if he`s interested ( no Club Football either ) . Lyons got trials for Dublin a couple of years ago , Big unit , right coaching and conditioning could be a good lad to have on the panel !

Tippabu , have you a link to the Tipp panel for 2017 ?

Celbridge has been annexed by North Tipp?  ;D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

He plays with Borrisoleigh I think?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 28, 2016, 05:04:08 PM

Was the best young hurler in Kildare a few years ago. His younger brother is a fine hurler too.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 28, 2016, 05:05:36 PM

Was the best young hurler in Kildare a few years ago. His younger brother is a fine hurler too.

Yeah I knew he was up there alright, but he's been hurling with Tipp for a few years now. Dropped off the panel before championship last year, but if he had scored the goal he missed v Kilkenny he'd probably have made it!

Big strong lad, but a bit slow in the wrists for hurling, if he can play football he might well be an asset. Problem is, as Horse Box is alluding to, there's a pile of clubs in North Tipp that don't even play football.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 28, 2016, 05:08:25 PM

Yeah I knew he was up there alright, but he's been hurling with Tipp for a few years now. Dropped off the panel before championship last year, but if he had scored the goal he missed v Kilkenny he'd probably have made it!

Big strong lad, but a bit slow in the wrists for hurling, if he can play football he might well be an asset. Problem is, as Horse Box is alluding to, there's a pile of clubs in North Tipp that don't even play football.

He always concentrated more on hurling as a youngster. I don't recall him being too involved with the inter county football team as an underage player but he would have won minor and u21 titles at club level.

Horse Box

George Hannigan didn`t play Club football this year yet he will be on the Tipp starting 15 next year , same with O`Brien , O`Halloran played 2 games with a North JFC final to come against Nenagh Eire Óg . Philip Austin played 2 Intermediate Club games , he will be under pressure to start next year with Boland , Hennessy and others on board , reckon O`Halloran could be too !

AZOffaly

Quote from: Horse Box on November 28, 2016, 05:26:48 PM

George Hannigan didn`t play Club football this year yet he will be on the Tipp starting 15 next year , same with O`Brien , O`Halloran played 2 games with a North JFC final to come against Nenagh Eire Óg . Philip Austin played 2 Intermediate Club games , he will be under pressure to start next year with Boland , Hennessy and others on board , reckon O`Halloran could be too !

Don't talk to me. It's the bane of my life. If the North Board took football seriously we'd be sending 30% more lads into contention in Thurles.

Horse Box

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 28, 2016, 05:47:07 PM
Quote from: Horse Box on November 28, 2016, 05:26:48 PM

Don't talk to me. It's the bane of my life. If the North Board took football seriously we'd be sending 30% more lads into contention in Thurles.

Intermediate and Junior Football Championships in the County are run terribly in all Divisions . The standard is brutal . Not good for the County side going forward !

AZOffaly

Yes but as you rightly said, in the North the board makes no effort to try and even promote the football. The fact that the only football kicked seriously by the likes of Jack Delahunty, Stephen O'Brien, George Hannigan and Kevin O'Halloran is in Thurles is a disgrace.

Horse Box

Tipp v Kerry on Sunday in Tralee , hope to head down . Hear that Kerry are putting out their Under 21 side !

Horse Box