A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 03:21:29 PM
Tell me this, what did cathal take btw ???? I hear this now and again

Whether he took anything or not is irrelevant, he broke into someone elses house. He allegedly kept charity money and bounced cheques on people. Is that acceptable?

seanmc123

I mate your going on bullshit stories!!! You don't know the man or what he has done, typical nosey **** that has nothing better to do than talk about other people. Get a life you waste a space

haveaharp

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 04:02:20 PM
I mate your going on bullshit stories!!! You don't know the man or what he has done, typical nosey **** that has nothing better to do than talk about other people. Get a life you waste a space

;D

So he categorically didn't do any of that? You can say that with absolute certainty ?

lenny

I'm disappointed in Christy oconnor for getting involved with this character for this book. I used to respect his journalism but to get involved in this seedy tale smacks a bit of opportunism. Also I'm glad to see sense has prevailed and Mccarron will not be on the LLS. People like him should not get airtime. If people want to buy this sort of sordid rubbish then good luck to them but Mccarron should not get the opportunity to promote it on prime time tv after the sort of things he has got up to.

Ethan Tremblay

What is the purpose to this book? Is it an autobiography detailing his journey so far both GAA/Personal or more of a guide on how he has overcame his gambling problems or both?
To be honest, he wouldn't be the most interesting player in the game to talk about his GAA exploits with Tyrone. 
If he talks about the situations he has got himself into I would have to take them with a pinch of salt also, he is hardly going to make himself come off the villain everyone thinks he is. 
The only remotely interesting thing I would find in this book is how he managed to overcome his addiction to gambling.  But tbh the idea of a book at this stage in his career/life stinks of opportunism.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

general_lee

Why don't you buy it and see. Never judge a book by its cover

laceer

Was sent the PDF the other day and skimmed through it. Goes into quite a bit of detail about various misdemeanours; fighting, stealing from family and friends,fake charities etc. A lot more candid than I had thought it would be but leaves me with the impression that he feels he's owed however many chances he needs rather than earning them. Not a bad read to be fair.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laceer on October 24, 2016, 07:19:50 PM
Was sent the PDF the other day and skimmed through it. Goes into quite a bit of detail about various misdemeanours; fighting, stealing from family and friends,fake charities etc. A lot more candid than I had thought it would be but leaves me with the impression that he feels he's owed however many chances he needs rather than earning them. Not a bad read to be fair.
Have read some of it and some pure shite in it about how he was in fear of his life from a gang of drug dealer from... wait for it.... Enniskillen.  :-[ Is gang culture a major deal in Fermanagh?!

redhandefender

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 24, 2016, 07:47:35 PM
Quote from: laceer on October 24, 2016, 07:19:50 PM
Have read some of it and some pure shite in it about how he was in fear of his life from a gang of drug dealer from... wait for it.... Enniskillen.  :-[ Is gang culture a major deal in Fermanagh?!

Enniskillen is a very rough town in fairness.

I have read a fair bit now and still not sure what to make of it. His story is sad and feel really and for his family. It might be just me but I still don't think he takes responsibility for his actions. At times in the book he says he does but he always has a caveat like " they did not know but they were enabling me...." or something along those lines. That is the dissappointing part.

Also very harsh on his father. Yeah his father might drink a bit, who wouldn't with a son like that. The worst is blaming cheating on his gambling addiction, come on man.

I just think he is a very stupid person who had it easy growing up and tied in with an addictive personality was a recipe for disaster. To me though, form reading the book and lack of accepting 100% blame I do not think he has overcome his problems yet.

Boycey

Anyone want to supply me a copy of said PDF? I don't think I'd buy the book but I'd certainly give it a wee skim through

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on October 25, 2016, 02:07:58 PM
Anyone want to supply me a copy of said PDF? I don't think I'd buy the book but I'd certainly give it a wee skim through

I'll take a copy too if it's not too much bother

Fuzzman

Unreal and you call him a thief.

lenny

Quote from: JoG2 on October 25, 2016, 02:17:02 PM

Are you 2 boys Sun readers by any chance? I'm expecting this sordid tale to be picked up and serialised by the sun or one of those rubbish papers very soon.

seafoid

I think I'll buy the book but recovery is very hard. It's a journey rather than an event. I was just looking at the twitter accounts of McCarron and Niall McNamee. McNamee has really turned things around and you can sense a real positivity in his tweets, the stuff he gets involved in. He comes across as a very positive force. And he doesn't wallow in victimhood or hide behind labels. He just gets on with it. That is the impression anyway .

McCarron has less of that positive energy visible. Hopefully he can stay clean and make his way to a better place. 

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on October 25, 2016, 03:33:10 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 25, 2016, 02:17:02 PM

Are you 2 boys Sun readers by any chance? I'm expecting this sordid tale to be picked up and serialised by the sun or one of those rubbish papers very soon.

My Da was looking to read it now. I'll wait until I pick it out of my christmas stocking, read extracts between courses up at the mother in law's