Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Think being competitive in the remaining 3 games should be the target than getting hidings like we did in previous years. Though a lack of depth of panel may say otherwise. As a previous poster has outlined Galway will be looking for blood after losing the Wexford game. It's pivotal some plan is in place to keep goal count down.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Definately need some sort of defensive plan and will have to play a sweeper. We're limited with quality backs though.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

Good interesting interview with Kelly on Off the ball worth listening to the podcast, forward thinking & impressive man. Spoke about his close friendship with Anthony Foley & spending a year as a 'fly on the wall' with Foley watching the Munster way to advance his management skills.

Don Draper

Quote from: Ogie on February 22, 2017, 02:37:46 PM
Good interesting interview with Kelly on Off the ball worth listening to the podcast, forward thinking & impressive man. Spoke about his close friendship with Anthony Foley & spending a year as a 'fly on the wall' with Foley watching the Munster way to advance his management skills.
I think you mean The GAA Hour. I'd have preferred he not talk so much about Offaly tbh, seemed to toss a bit of fuel on the fire that was unnecessary.

Clubber Lang

Quote from: redsetanta on February 21, 2017, 10:46:53 PM
Definately need some sort of defensive plan and will have to play a sweeper. We're limited with quality backs though.

Wasn't that not what a lot of posters on this forum were criticising Cheddar for by the end-being too negative and his use of sweepers. 

redsetanta

Great boost for the Laois lads winning the Fitzgibbon semi final today. Not sure how Cha played as he didn't get a score. Picky doing his bit again.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

TP Ashe

Not forgetting Dwane Palmer who would have had his hands full on a very skilful UCC forward line and Enda Rowland who was by all accounts superb again today.

clonadmad

IT Carlow: E Rowland (Laois); D Palmer (Laois), K Hannaffin (Kerry), R Brown (Waterford); J Doyle (Carlow), D Healy (Meath), D O'Hanlon (Tipeprary); K Kelly (Kilkenny), C Dunford (Waterford); C Dwyer (Laois), M Russell (Tipperary), M Kavanagh (Carlow); J Fagan (Waterford), S Maher (Laois), C Bolger (Kilkenny).

Subs: T Nolan (Tipperary) for Dunford (58), C Dunford for Nolan (60), T Nolan for Fagan (66), J Fagan for Kelly (75), M Redmond (Wexford) for Maher (75).

UCC: J Berry (Cork); I Kenny (Waterford), C Spillane (Cork), S Roche (Waterford); S Kennedy (Tipperary), C Gleeson (Waterford), R Cahalane (Cork); J Barron (Waterford), M Breen (Tipperary); M O'Brien (Waterford), T Devine (Waterford), G O'Brien (Waterford); A Cadagon (Cork), A Spillane (Cork), R O'Shea (Cork).

Subs: J Power (Kilkenny) for G O'Brien (h-t), C O'Leary (Cork) for M O'Brien (39), M O'Halloran (Cork) for S Roche (39), C Roche (Waterford) for Spillane (57), M O'Connor (Cork) for Cahalane (67), S Hegarty (Cork) for Power (78).

redsetanta

Great win for CArlow It and brilliant to see lads from Laois, Carlow, Meath and Kerry on that team. Hope they go on and win now.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

DJ seems to be getting the best out of them, must be a good motivator ..

Here is a goal that was scored near the end...
https://www.facebook.com/HigherEdGAA/videos/1199088136825931/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Any info on how the panel are shaping up for the weekend?

Are we going with a 'anything less than a 12/15 point defeat is a good result'?

Unlaoised

Anything less than a 15 point loss would be progress but I would like to think the players will feel they can get closer to Galway than that...

Conditions might have a big say Sunday and if we had the the breeze that can be strong in Galway in the first half and conceded no goals who knows what might happen.

Best of luck to the lads these are the games you want to be playing in as a hurler!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 01, 2017, 12:47:57 PM
Best of luck to the lads these are the games you want to be playing in as a hurler!
I'm not sure anyone hurler dreams of playing in the wind tunnel that is Salthill in March

hurlingmad

I'm not sure anyone hurler dreams of playing in the wind tunnel that is Salthill in March
[/quote]

😂😂😂

redsetanta

One has to be optimistic. If we could play with a hurricane wind for both halves I'd be happy.