Connacht Club Championships 2016

Started by revsperminute, October 07, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2016, 04:42:22 PM
Do them fancy Dans good to see how the other half of the County survives ;D

Must be hard on ye lot seeing the Brids going well again Oliver :P

Not really, Off the field there would be a great relationship between Clann and Brigids and once we were gone it was brigids I was hoping won it out.  We seem to have the upper hand on them when we have faced them last two years so I fancy us to be thereabouts again next year. 

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on November 14, 2016, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 14, 2016, 01:43:18 PM
Will Brigids fear Corofin?

Will Galway bate Mayo?

They did this summer but ross havemt beaten either in an age. Js .

Good luck to Corofin.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

oliverkelly

Quote from: larryin89 on November 14, 2016, 08:01:24 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 14, 2016, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 14, 2016, 01:43:18 PM
Will Brigids fear Corofin?

Will Galway bate Mayo?

They did this summer but ross havemt beaten either in an age. Js .

Good luck to Corofin.

I seem to remember Roscommon beating Mayo in FBD league in January. Albeit in a rather unimportant and meaningless competition it does contradict you smart ass comment.

Cunny Funt

Good luck to Corofin.
As a neutral shouldn't you be wishing good luck to both Brigids and Corofin?

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 14, 2016, 09:15:59 PM
Good luck to Corofin.
As a neutral shouldn't you be wishing good luck to both Brigids and Corofin?

Sour oul' Rhubarb ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Tanny McTanface couldn't bring himself to mention Brigids must less Frankie on Mid-West yesterday. Roscommon eats up Mayo folks something quare.

On a more serious note, David Joyce is the new Roscommon S&C coach. Mitchels player. The loss yesterday saves him from a weird conflict of interests.

GaillimhIarthair

Did that Joyce lad play a bit of soccer in England at one point or maybe went over on trials when he was younger? I could be mixing him up with someone else though!!!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on November 14, 2016, 10:59:19 PM
Did that Joyce lad play a bit of soccer in England at one point or maybe went over on trials when he was younger? I could be mixing him up with someone else though!!!
Yes with Birmingham City I believe.

muppet

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on November 14, 2016, 10:59:19 PM

Captained Ireland numerous times underage. Best of luck to him.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on November 14, 2016, 09:28:54 PM
Tanny McTanface couldn't bring himself to mention Brigids must less Frankie on Mid-West yesterday. Roscommon eats up Mayo folks something quare.

On a more serious note, David Joyce is the new Roscommon S&C coach. Mitchels player. The loss yesterday saves him from a weird conflict of interests.
Mayo people are obsessed by Roscommon. It is like Steve Bannon and certain bankers. Bannon's people must be from Claremorris .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 06:53:47 AM

Mayo people are obsessed by Roscommon. It is like Steve Bannon and certain bankers. Bannon's people must be from Claremorris .

Not all of us are.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 15, 2016, 01:20:28 PM

Not all of us are.

Same as. We just get mugged by them. It doesn't help when some former Mayo players go rogue and wade in to manage them against all logic and reason. Galway's John Tobin took the gig as well I suppose and managed to walk away with his dignity mostly intact.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on November 16, 2016, 12:26:06 AM

Not all of us are.

Same as. We just get mugged by them. It doesn't help when some former Mayo players go rogue and wade in to manage them against all logic and reason. Galway's John Tobin took the gig as well I suppose and managed to walk away with his dignity mostly intact.

JT is well liked in Roscommon. Even if he's now John Prenty's John Tobin..

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on November 16, 2016, 12:55:21 AM

Not all of us are.

John is as nice a person as anybody can hope to meet. A class player as well. Connacht Council run a tough ship. No messin with Prenty. I have the scars.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on November 16, 2016, 01:33:33 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 16, 2016, 12:55:21 AM

Not all of us are.

John is as nice a person as anybody can hope to meet. A class player as well. Connacht Council run a tough ship. No messin with Prenty. I have the scars.

Unaccountable, unrepentant, and out of control.

Pity he didn't run a tight ship when he spent 10 million on Bekan and managed to get an extreme slope towards one goal on one of the pitches..