Author Topic: Money, Dublin and the GAA  (Read 165390 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« Reply #2175 on: August 18, 2020, 11:14:39 AM »
A few Constituencies in the 6 Counties would have difficulty fielding a team!
Still Connacht Champions

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 18, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »

Now there is an interesting exercise. Would Newry and Armagh beat West Tyrone.?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

caprea

• View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 18, 2020, 11:20:30 AM »

Well fair enough then, if they donít have a team they donít have a team. If you want to actually find the region of Ireland with the best footballers then this is the fairest solution.

Iím not saying I want this, Iím just saying his is the best solution to the inequities of the current system in terms of being fair.

Baile BrigŪn 2

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 18, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »

Well fair enough then, if they donít have a team they donít have a team. If you want to actually find the region of Ireland with the best footballers then this is the fairest solution.

Iím not saying I want this, Iím just saying his is the best solution to the inequities of the current system in terms of being fair.

Political constituencies change all the time though

caprea

• View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 18, 2020, 10:44:17 PM »

And county borders havenít since ... 250 years?

Iím not saying to split teams by political constituencies. Iím saying it would be the fairest resolution. The fairest resolution is not always the right solution.

The problem with intercounty competition is that there are far too many counties/teams for a country of our size. It results in a list of at least 15 counties/teams that are largely pointless in adding any thing substantive to the competition year in year out.

A long long list that is getting longer of teams making up the numbers that get chewed up and spat out by the teams with actual quality.

Baile BrigŪn 2

• View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 18, 2020, 10:51:38 PM »

Iím not saying to split teams by political constituencies. Iím saying it would be the fairest resolution. The fairest resolution is not always the right solution.

The problem with intercounty competition is that there are far too many counties/teams for a country of our size. It results in a list of at least 15 counties/teams that are largely pointless in adding any thing substantive to the competition year in year out.

A long long list that is getting longer of teams making up the numbers that get chewed up and spat out by the teams with actual quality.

So 32 counties are too many, lets change to 57 constituencies .

caprea

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 18, 2020, 10:58:02 PM »

Can you point out where I said that? I can point out three times I said the opposition. Please read posts a minimum of three times in future so to understand them.

Baile BrigŪn 2

• View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 18, 2020, 11:11:08 PM »

Can you point out where I said that? I can point out three times I said the opposition. Please read posts a minimum of three times in future so to understand them.

You argued the fairest solution to too many county sides is to almost double the number of sides. I did read your post 3 times, and it still doesn't make sense.

caprea

• View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 18, 2020, 11:15:33 PM »

You argued the fairest solution to too many county sides is to almost double the number of sides. I did read your post 3 times, and it still doesn't make sense.

I guess reading is one thing, having powers of comprehension is something else. Good night.

Baile BrigŪn 2

• View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 18, 2020, 11:54:22 PM »

I guess reading is one thing, having powers of comprehension is something else. Good night.

Thanks for dropping by. Everyone gets a medal for showing up.