Author Topic: Money, Dublin and the GAA  (Read 86332 times)

From the Bunker

• View Profile

highorlow

• View Profile
Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« Reply #1517 on: January 17, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/all-ireland-champions-dublin-to-lose-second-croke-park-super-8-game-37720782.html

I'm not sure this will make a difference?

Does the Donegal motion stop Dublin from playing in Croke Park?

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 17, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/all-ireland-champions-dublin-to-lose-second-croke-park-super-8-game-37720782.html

I'm not sure this will make a difference?

Does the Donegal motion stop Dublin from playing in Croke Park?

Very clever wording - "We're just calling for no county to be allowed to nominate Croke Park as a home venue.''

This calls the GAA's bluff as to what Dublin's relationship with Croke Park is as regards being a home venue.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1519 on: January 17, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »
Interesting.....
If they said the Croke Park round to be  abolished and neutral Procibcial venues used  HQ would be mobilising the troops against it.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

DUBSFORSAM1

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 17, 2019, 01:30:06 PM »
I would love Dublin to say fine - we'll play in Parnell Park, there won't be tickets for opposition fans and there will be 1-1.5m less in funds to share amongst other counties and we will still win.

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 17, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »
I would love Dublin to say fine - we'll play in Parnell Park, there won't be tickets for opposition fans and there will be 1-1.5m less in funds to share amongst other counties and we will still win.

This isn't soccer. The home county doesn't get to dictate the split of the tickets. The tickets go first to season ticket holders and are then split equally between the county boards. For the super 8 game in Omagh last year Dublin were entitled to more tickets than Tyrone. Similarly Tyrone had around the same support in Ballybofey.

So although the Dubs could nominate Parnell Park they'd only get 60% of the tickets max.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1522 on: January 17, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
Sometimes fair play has to take precedence over s.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

highorlow

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 17, 2019, 02:49:54 PM »

I would presume Louth v Dublin will be in the "nell".

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 17, 2019, 07:27:34 PM »

It's a disgrace really that Dublin with all their money, don't have a decent capacity home venue!