Author Topic: NFL Division 1 - 2020  (Read 100553 times)

Tubberman

• View Profile
Re: NFL Division 1 - 2020
« Reply #1440 on: October 26, 2020, 02:54:54 PM »
Did anyone else think the Mayo goal keeper could have or should have saved all 3 goals?

Should have saved at least two of them and David Clarke is normally a good shot stopper.

Yeah, he's had many bad days with the kickouts, but usually solid as a rock with shot stopping.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

greatpoint

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 26, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
Agree with all you've said there Dubhaltach. Aiden O'Shea is not a full forward, period. Either have him out around the middle of the field getting on ball, especially against a team such as Tyrone who swarm around him when he was inside all through the game.

There'll be a debate about the goalie position once again, all due to one terrible kick out that ultimately cost us unfortunately. I'm a huge Clarkey man myself over Hennelly, but surely there are other options to try in next year's campaign.

It's not a given we'll be promoted at the first go either so people who reckon it's not too bad might have another thing coming to them. Hopefully it will be a swift return to Division 1, I guess we'll have to wait and see how things pan out. It may be 'only the league' but I was delighted when we won it last year. Any type of national title shouldn't be sniffed at.

Why do you think the Aidan O'Shea FF thing gets brought up year on year with both media and fans buying into it? It's hilarious.

MayoBuck

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 26, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
He didn't play well yesterday, but O'Shea still took a huge amount of attention from the Tyrone defence. If he was in midfield I doubt Conroy and Coen would have got as much freedom.

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 26, 2020, 11:39:41 PM »
He didn't play well yesterday, but O'Shea still took a huge amount of attention from the Tyrone defence. If he was in midfield I doubt Conroy and Coen would have got as much freedom.

Correct. Some people don't get it though.
Still its a bit useless leaving him in there with no space. Donegal never do that with Murphy. There's nobody that can do that and its a waste of time and an influential player.

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 26, 2020, 11:56:45 PM »
Did anyone else think the Mayo goal keeper could have or should have saved all 3 goals?

Should have saved at least two of them and David Clarke is normally a good shot stopper.

Yeah, he's had many bad days with the kickouts, but usually solid as a rock with shot stopping.

Age catches up with all of us but hopefully not with him yet. I know he would be very disappointed with all 3 goals.

kerryforsam20

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 01, 2020, 04:57:09 PM »
Going achievement for our lads to win the league. Will be great preparation when play Mayo in a few weeks.

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 09, 2020, 01:45:33 PM »
Going achievement for our lads to win the league. Will be great preparation when play Mayo in a few weeks.

:-X
#newbridgeornowhere