Author Topic: Kerry's crown under pressure?  (Read 1478 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Kerry's crown under pressure?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 11:40:39 PM »
Dublin have currently won 26 games in a row . The most that Kerry group managed was 19.

When Dublin pick up Sam this year they will be probably have won 34 games in a row. The equivalent of 8 AIs for Kerry in the 70s/80s.

They currently have only lost 2 games in 36 matches. That is the greatest legacy of all time.

If Kildare had the pick of 1.2 m people and more money than everyone else they would have won as much, more than likely

It's Kildare......

When did you join the revolution?

Maybe last year some time. Mayo gave the illusion of competition. 
If any other team other than Mayo (or Kildare) had played the Dubs in 3 finals would they not have won 1 of them ? I dunno

I think there is a strong case for counties boycotting the competition now until the GAA restructures it.

Watching the dubs win 6 or 7 in a row is pointless. That's not what your dreams should be.

Dublin played and beat the current Mayo team in 3 finals, do you honestly think the current Galway team would beaten them in those finals or even have gotten as close to them as Mayo did?
Galway had their chance in the semi-final last year and on evidence of that game I personally don't think Galway are able to match what Mayo did in 2013,2015,2016 & 2017 against the Dubs at the moment!
I honestly I am not sure if the current reloaded Mayo team will be up to it this year either!!!

Galway are not up to scratch yet. Say Down or Meath had been at Mayo’s level. Would they have lost 3 finals  to the Dubs by 1 point?
Sure it's only the league

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 11:56:54 PM »
Dublin have currently won 26 games in a row . The most that Kerry group managed was 19.

When Dublin pick up Sam this year they will be probably have won 34 games in a row. The equivalent of 8 AIs for Kerry in the 70s/80s.

They currently have only lost 2 games in 36 matches. That is the greatest legacy of all time.

If Kildare had the pick of 1.2 m people and more money than everyone else they would have won as much, more than likely

It's Kildare......

When did you join the revolution?

Maybe last year some time. Mayo gave the illusion of competition. 
If any other team other than Mayo (or Kildare) had played the Dubs in 3 finals would they not have won 1 of them ? I dunno

I think there is a strong case for counties boycotting the competition now until the GAA restructures it.

Watching the dubs win 6 or 7 in a row is pointless. That's not what your dreams should be.

Dublin played and beat the current Mayo team in 3 finals, do you honestly think the current Galway team would beaten them in those finals or even have gotten as close to them as Mayo did?
Galway had their chance in the semi-final last year and on evidence of that game I personally don't think Galway are able to match what Mayo did in 2013,2015,2016 & 2017 against the Dubs at the moment!
I honestly I am not sure if the current reloaded Mayo team will be up to it this year either!!!

Galway are not up to scratch yet. Say Down or Meath had been at Mayo’s level. Would they have lost 3 finals  to the Dubs by 1 point?

They never would have! Meath teams are never beaten and Down always win All Ireland finals.

“Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon.”

― Mark Twain

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2019, 12:10:18 AM »
At the end of the day, you ask the likes of Mike Sheehy how many All-Irelands he won and he can show you 8, same for a lot of the rest of that great Kerry team. They also won the majority (exception 1980) of those All-Irelands in style, whereas Dublin scraped past the post. 5 in a row won't make Dublin a greater team.

Jesus, the ignorance - ask the likes of Cluxton, O'Sullivan and McCarthy how many do they have and they will say six and gunning for seven. Huge difference, eh?
The vital difference, my erudite friend, is that Kerry played on a level pitch with every other county.
They didn't have the benefits of state of the art physical training or sports psychology either. Come to think of it, they didn't have the combined total of 16 other counties to choose from either and more importantly perhaps, the national resources of 50% of it s resources either. (BTW, Simon Coveney said that first, not me.)
I am not being anti-Dublin for the sake of it when I say this.
But I defer to the judgement of Mick O'Dwyer on the subject. (Well, he would say this, wouldn't he?)
According to Micko, the greatest team of all time should compete on equal terms with at least one other side. Kerry beat the socks off all comers during their reign and Dublin...?
What about Mayo? With roughly one tenth of Dublin's population and with tremendous travelling issues, they did remarkably well , didn't they?
So, Dublin may well pull clear of all others in this years championships and all along the route to it and that would mean at least two years clear of the rest. I would be willing to consider them to be the best then but I will wait until and, more importantly, if, that should happen. until then, I'll not commit myself to anything.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:14:06 AM by Lar Naparka »
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi