Championship draw 2017

Started by Smurfy123, October 03, 2016, 10:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 13, 2016, 10:31:06 PM
Galway were competent enough to win a shiny cupeen the year

*to be gift wrapped one by their gracious neighbours.

Mayo still steps ahead of ourselves or Galway. Sligo and Leitrim farther back still.

GalwayBayBoy

Dublin even manage to get a handy draw in Leinster. Not that they need the help.

uimhr ocht

Derry at home, semi final neutral

Il Bomber Destro

So Roscommon are in the All Ireland last 12 by virtue of beating Leitrim or London.

Maroon Manc

Galway and Mayo due to meet again before the final, Roscommon have certainly been the main beneficiary from the draw in recent years not that they've taken advantage of it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2016, 10:30:39 PM
Roscommon appear to have a Kerryesque run to the All Ireland final.
The difference is Kerry would streamroll through any soft draw while the behind the scene issues with Roscommon will make them self destruct and lose to Leitrim or London.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 13, 2016, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2016, 10:30:39 PM
Roscommon appear to have a Kerryesque run to the All Ireland final.
The difference is Kerry would streamroll through any soft draw while the behind the scene issues with Roscommon will make them self destruct and lose to Leitrim or London.

No. we'll scramble over Leitrim then lose in McHale and be too despondent to muster an effort in a winnable R4 quailifer.

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 13, 2016, 09:46:14 PM
Like watching paint dry and talk about waffle to drag it out....

I have to confess I watched The Great Butterfly Adventure on BBC4 anyway. It was a repeat but missed the first showing on Monday night.

BennyCake

balladmaker

Down v Armagh in Newry, looking forward to renewing a traditional rivalry with our near neighbours, good draw for both teams.

omaghjoe

Quote from: balladmaker on October 13, 2016, 11:52:43 PM
Down v Armagh in Newry, looking forward to renewing a traditional rivalry with our near neighbours, good draw for both teams.

Its the battle for the wooden spoon these days

Orior

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 14, 2016, 06:05:40 AM

Its the battle for the wooden spoon these days

May be for the wooden spoon but this fixture will be a sellout
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

lookinf forward to it myself, maybe McGeeneys first Ulster Championship win. Maybe

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Buttofthehill

Jonny Cooper was very serious, sipping his water and avoiding the biscuits.