Championship draw 2017

Started by Smurfy123, October 03, 2016, 10:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Seeding hmmm. For over 100 years both Kerry and Dublin have been in the easier half of the draw seeding with a small s.

tippabu

Quote from: the_daddy on October 12, 2016, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: tippabu on October 12, 2016, 08:08:40 PM
Awaiting tipp kerry semi final in munster.....the new pairc opening in cork, they wont be able risk not having a cork kerry final!!!!

Are Tipp and Kerry not seeded because they got to the Munster Final?

We are seeded in that we get byes to the semi but its an open draw there

An Watcher

Don't like going over old ground but I'm this case I will.  It's farcical that Ulster teams are dreading possible away trips to Ballybofey, Omagh or Clones which could be your opening 3 games! 
Meanwhile Kerry could field a reserve team and reach the last 12.
So as one side of the country prepare for their opening games in May the others don't really start til July.
That's my moan over for this morning!

tippabu

Quote from: An Watcher on October 13, 2016, 08:15:12 AM
Don't like going over old ground but I'm this case I will.  It's farcical that Ulster teams are dreading possible away trips to Ballybofey, Omagh or Clones which could be your opening 3 games! 
So as one side of the country prepare for their opening games in May the others don't really start til July.

This shite again....why not leinster or connaught? Tipp and clare both beat galway and roscommon handy in games that mattered this year, leinster isnt exactly the most competitive of provinces either yet munster is the one that always gets singled out

Rossfan

Quote from: An Watcher on October 13, 2016, 08:15:12 AM
What are your proposals to change this?
Abolish the Ulster slugfest?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Watcher

I'm sure there are flaws in this but how about the Munster n connacht teams playing an extra round before the next stage.  For example Munster champions play a game before the all Ireland quarters while beaten finalists have 2 games to get to the quarters.  At least the champions should have 3 games before the quarters.
There are enough teams in Leinster so difficult to add in more games.  The obvious one is making the dubs play outside croker.

BennyCake

Il Bomber Destro

I think we will draw Monaghan.

Hopefully there will be a bit more challenge for Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan next year, there were a few trimmings in the Championship last year which is uncommon in Ulster. The likes of Derry and Armagh can be very competitive in Ulster if they get their houses in order, I saw a list of the players not committing for Derry last year, I know the apathy to the county team in Derry is generally bad but they can't afford to be losing guys like SL McGoldrick, Danny Heavron, McFaul, McAntamney, Holly and Emmett Bradley - is it Barton? Cavan and Fermanagh will probably be capable of one big shock but they'll likely need to beat two of Monaghan/Tyrone/Donegal which is hard to see.

Down and Antrim barely warrant a mention, without meaning to be disrespectful.

My predicted draw

Prelim
Down v Armagh

QF
Tyrone v Monaghan
Cavan v Antrim
Fermanagh v Derry
Donegal v Down/Armagh

tippabu

Muster will be......

Cork v Waterford
Limerick v Clare

semis

Kerry v Tipp
Cork v Clare

BennyCake

Won't matter who we draw. It'll be a short summer. Down away I prefer though. I like it there.

Farrandeelin

Galway and Leitrim would be away if Mayo get them?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Aristo 60

Quote from: BennyCake on October 13, 2016, 07:40:24 PM
Won't matter who we draw. It'll be a short summer. Down away I prefer though. I like it there.

Yeah the seats are better in Newry

ONeill

For a bit of freshness, would like Antrim, Armagh, Down or Fermanagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Like watching paint dry and talk about waffle to drag it out....

Rossfan

Who's playing who in "Compromised nonsense" ,where and when???