County Senior Football Championship Updates

Started by AZOffaly, October 03, 2016, 01:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gonzalo15

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2016, 12:35:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 04, 2016, 12:30:15 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on October 04, 2016, 07:34:12 AM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on October 03, 2016, 10:51:28 PM
Ramor United are the 1st GAA club I've heard of that has United as part of their name, are there any others? Plenty of Rangers around the country, and I thing the odd Rovers.

Laois are in a bad way with Portlaoise's dominance, cannot be healthy. Kildare are not too far behind with the Newbridge teams but at least they are pushing standards up with their competition.

There is a Laragh United in Cavan also.

A Celtic as well?

Clogherhead Dreadnoughts best name of all time.

No way. The Fighting Cocks in Carlow have the best name title wrapped up in perpetuity.

What about Longford slashers

cuconnacht

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2016, 12:25:26 PM
How are Waterford so late?

Watchin TV and looking out for the English.and throw in the odd goat fair and salmon festival.
Same last year.Stradbally won the county title last year and were forced to play the Munster QF the next day against Nemo in their pyjamas while most carped on about the Munster delay being the annual club/region boll#x of Kerry.

tippabu

Aherlow beat Drom 1-15 to 1-7 tonight.

Tipp 1/4 finals are

Commercial v Arravale
Kilsheelan v Ballyporeen
Loughmore v Galtee
Moyle rovers v Aherlow

AZOffaly

Loughmore might be dangerous, given they are out of the hurling.

Farrandeelin

Mayo update: After today's final group games Breaffy, Ballintubber, Castlebar, Knockmore, Aghamore, Garrymore, Crossmolina and Ballaghaderreen are in the quarters.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tippabu

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on October 08, 2016, 09:03:14 PM
Ballyboden well beat by crokes tonight

Very poor AI champions. Commercials should be champions right now.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2016, 09:18:34 PM

A very poor side doesn't win Dublin,Leinster and hammer your opponents in the All Ireland final.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 08, 2016, 09:25:06 PM

A very poor side doesn't win Dublin,Leinster and hammer your opponents in the All Ireland final.

Bolded for you.

HiMucker

Waiting on St Vincent's corofin and round towers today for a bet.  Can anyone shed any light on how likely they will win.   I'd have thought Vincent's and corofin are shoe ins.  What about round towers?

straightred

Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2016, 10:01:25 PM

Bolded for you.

Tinge of jealousy or regret maybe?. Boden could and maybe even should have been beaten twice or 3 times last year but they weren't and they won the whole thing. On each occasion they stuck at it and played the games out to the finish. Good luck to them. Such is the strength of Dublin football I think they were 4th or 5th favorites for the Dublin championship on 18th March - a day after they won the AI.

Yesterday was no real surprise - be interesting now to see who wins it. For me its hard to call between Vincents, Ballymun and crokes

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: HiMucker on October 09, 2016, 12:52:39 PM
Waiting on St Vincent's corofin and round towers today for a bet.  Can anyone shed any light on how likely they will win.   I'd have thought Vincent's and corofin are shoe ins.  What about round towers?

Hopefully TwoMileHouse get the better of them but they are solid throughout and have some decent defenders so should scrape through. Chris Healy has the ability to win it on his own for TMH though so Towers need to stop the supply into him.

Syferus

Quote from: straightred on October 09, 2016, 02:00:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2016, 10:01:25 PM

Bolded for you.

Tinge of jealousy or regret maybe?. Boden could and maybe even should have been beaten twice or 3 times last year but they weren't and they won the whole thing. On each occasion they stuck at it and played the games out to the finish. Good luck to them. Such is the strength of Dublin football I think they were 4th or 5th favorites for the Dublin championship on 18th March - a day after they won the AI.

Yesterday was no real surprise - be interesting now to see who wins it. For me its hard to call between Vincents, Ballymun and crokes

Couldn't give two hoots about Ballyboden. Just a poor champion all-round.

maigheo

Syf,I see you are displaying your vast knowledge of gaelic football with a statement like that