Dublin for 3 in a row

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, October 03, 2016, 06:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Plus, we have the McEntee brothers in charge now and one thing's for sure, they won't fear Dublin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gael85

Quote from: Jinxy on October 03, 2016, 08:17:38 PM
Plus, we have the McEntee brothers in charge now and one thing's for sure, they won't fear Dublin.

Speaking about Meath.Is Shane O'Rourke retired from inter county football? Haven't seen him play in a couple years.

Jinxy

If he isn't, he should be.
His inter-county career has been blighted by injuries which is a crying shame as he was a lovely footballer when he was fully fit.
He'd be better off just tipping away with the club as his body won't stand up to the demands of inter-county football.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gael85

Quote from: Jinxy on October 03, 2016, 08:36:05 PM
If he isn't, he should be.
His inter-county career has been blighted by injuries which is a crying shame as he was a lovely footballer when he was fully fit.
He'd be better off just tipping away with the club as his body won't stand up to the demands of inter-county football.

He was a decent player who always gave Dublin trouble

Captain Obvious

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 03, 2016, 04:02:41 PM
Dublin 5/4
Mayo 7/2
Kerry 4/1
Tyrone 6/1
Donegal 20/1

Hard to see past the top 4 in the betting for next year's semi finals with perhaps Donegal as an outside shot.

Same few teams for the last five or six years and will be on going for the next number of years. Crying out for a few "new" teams to appear. Tipperarys run at least made the championship a bit more interesting this summer.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Cluxton will be the hardest to replace for Dublin, there underage teams haven't been any way special in recent years but they improve greatly from minors to u21 and then the players that progress to senior seem to go to another level. The professionalism of the senior set up is working in this regard. I've heard Kerry have brought a near professional set up to their minors which explains their dominance at that level but there is a risk they won't progress as much as they would like.

I'd expect Dublin to win 7 or 8 of the next 10 AIs with Kerry still being the only real challengers most years. Tyrone and Mayo might bring an odd challenge but for the rest of the country we should probably focus on club football and stop wastng resources trying to compete.

orangeman

Cluxton could play till he is about 50.

ashman

Of course Dublin have started an arms race of sort and one has to wonder what is the point of most counties even bothering trying to compete and by that I mean Meath and Kildare .  The Leinster Championship is now a joke and frankly any county putting big money in to chasing Dublin at senior level is mad .  Kildare and Meath would probably be better putting money in to hurling or a vibrant club scene . 

Dublin will win at least 7 of the next 10 AI s .   

The sport is in genuine real trouble and the GAA deserve this.  The replay this years and semi v Kerry will paper over the financial cracks .

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: ashman on October 04, 2016, 12:20:08 AM
Of course Dublin have started an arms race of sort and one has to wonder what is the point of most counties even bothering trying to compete and by that I mean Meath and Kildare .  The Leinster Championship is now a joke and frankly any county putting big money in to chasing Dublin at senior level is mad .  Kildare and Meath would probably be better putting money in to hurling or a vibrant club scene . 

The sport is in genuine real trouble and the GAA deserve this.  The replay this years and semi v Kerry will paper over the financial cracks .

Exactly, I can't see any reason why dwindling Leinster attendances will increase next year.

lenny

Quote from: ashman on October 04, 2016, 12:20:08 AM

No they won't. You could see from the latter stages of this years championship that players like Flynn, Brogan, Mcmenamin, Connolly and Mcauley were coming to the end of their careers. Dublin will find it very hard to replace that experience and quality. I can't see them winning in the next 3 years.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2016, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 03, 2016, 09:08:24 AM
Cant see it, The GAA and Enda wont let it happen.

Like they didn't let it happen this year.  ::)

I'd hate to think of the chip you'd have on your shoulder if the Dubs lost.

I would be unbearable!

Ah you know im only half joking with you all.

Maroon Manc

Rightly so their hot favourites to retain their crown, will McCaffrey & ROC be returning next season?

Mayo will be challenging again as long as there is no major retirements although they certainly need the emergence of something different in the front 6 to go and win it. I'm not convinced about Regan so no doubt there will be plenty of pressure on Loftus to make the step up.

Avondhu star

Meath has plenty potential but need a few years to get to the physical and mental strenght of Dublin
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

blast05

Wildweasel74

Would like to this this Dublin team do 3 in a row, as its more than 30yrs since it was done, they never do 5 in a row, 1 bad game from the last 8 on and they be caught at some stage. Kerry will have a fantastic team in about 5 yrs time and they will dominate for quite awhile i think