Stephen Rochford manager of the year?

Started by gammysolo, September 29, 2016, 11:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gammysolo

What a guy. First off all took a average Corofin and won an club All Ireland . Has done a great job with Mayo and surrounded himself with a great backroom with Tony McEntee, Donie Buckley, Seanie Carey and Maurice Horan on limited resources. Throw in Jim McGuinness doing a few training sessions the week before final. The best tactical manager who ever had and always keep the opposition guessing. Has never lost a game in Croke Park as manager and will become the Mayo first manager to win All Ireland titles at inter county and club level . He will go down in history and our greatest ever manager. Hats off to Stephen Rochford and definitely manager of the year? Mayo win on Saturday will be than bigger Donegal beating dubs in 93

heffo

Quote from: gammysolo on September 29, 2016, 11:27:56 PM
What a guy. First off all took a average Corofin and won an club All Ireland . Has done a great job with Mayo and surrounded himself with a great backroom with Tony McEntee, Donie Buckley, Seanie Carey and Maurice Horan on limited resources. Throw in Jim McGuinness doing a few training sessions the week before final. The best tactical manager who ever had and always keep the opposition guessing. Has never lost a game in Croke Park as manager and will become the Mayo first manager to win All Ireland titles at inter county and club level . He will go down in history and our greatest ever manager. Hats off to Stephen Rochford and definitely manager of the year? Mayo win on Saturday will be than bigger Donegal beating dubs in 93

I know you're one of Syf's sock puppets but Eugene McGee won club & County AI's as a manager.

yellowcard

Plus Donegal never beat the Dubs in 93.

skeog

Gammy must have memory loss 92 when donegal won All Ireland.

AZOffaly

Quote from: heffo on September 30, 2016, 09:08:50 AM

I know you're one of Syf's sock puppets but Eugene McGee won club & County AI's as a manager.

*teary eyed reminiscing*

rosnarun

in fairness in GAA term to win the 2 all irelands with completely different teams ,he would be a shoe in for manager of the year, but overall after last night i think the prize is going to go to Stephen kenny anyway
what club did eugene mcgee win with , UCD?
i think some one here in daingean mentioned he was with the offaly seniors at one stage alright
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

oliverkelly

Rochford has done a good job so far. But in terms of manager of the year I would give it to Liam kearns

AZOffaly

Quote from: rosnarun on September 30, 2016, 09:45:26 AM
in fairness in GAA term to win the 2 all irelands with completely different teams ,he would be a shoe in for manager of the year, but overall after last night i think the prize is going to go to Stephen kenny anyway
what club did eugene mcgee win with , UCD?
i think some one here in daingean mentioned he was with the offaly seniors at one stage alright

Was with the Offaly Seniors at 'one stage'???? He was manager of the great 1982 Offaly team that stopped the 5 in a row.

And yeah, UCD was the club All Ireland.

Crete Boom

Whatever happened to Mayo4sam16 , he was killed off quickly after the drawn game? ;D ;D

From the Bunker

Rochford has won nathin'. No FBD, No League, No Nestor, No Sam!

Please save this accolade to a Winning Manager.

No go back and start using your original account!

LilySavage

Easy to post now. Is it just me or sre we outthinking kickouts? Mayo fucked away at least two points snd Lee Keegan through shite rushed kickouts in first half. Why panic?

orangeman

Quote from: LilySavage on October 02, 2016, 12:20:04 AM
Easy to post now. Is it just me or sre we outthinking kickouts? Mayo fucked away at least two points snd Lee Keegan through shite rushed kickouts in first half. Why panic?

Teams are trying to emulate what Cluxton is doing but can't for obvious reasons. The short kickout is fine when it works but can be a real pain when it goes wrong.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2016, 09:28:59 AM

*teary eyed reminiscing*
I remember as a kid reading about Leeds United who are at the time were in the second division. They had been fantastic a decade before. But that was an infinity away

galwayman

Rochford is a good manager no doubt about that.
I'd have to take issue with your description of the Corofin team though.
Not a Corofin man - but that was far from an average Corofin team.

Cunny Funt

Manager of the year was Liam Kearns. He took a division 3 Tipperary side to All Ireland semi final Ireland semi without so many key players. Jim Gavin 2nd in the manager of year a league,Leinster and All Ireland titles won is decent going  :P