All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 07:02:14 PM
Where are the Mayo ex players? Not a peep from them. Dublin's attempt to get Keegan sent off early is gathering pace. Not one Mayoman calling bullshit to it all.

I wouldn't worry about it. If a referee is influenced by former players we might as well throw our hat at the whole gig. Both teams.

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2016, 12:57:14 AM
Where are the Mayo ex players? Not a peep from them. Dublin's attempt to get Keegan sent off early is gathering pace. Not one Mayoman calling bullshit to it all.

I wouldn't worry about it. If a referee is influenced by former players we might as well throw our hat at the whole gig. Both teams.
Ger Brennan this morning in the examiner. This is obviously an orchestrated move by Dublin media manager to keep spotlight on Keegan/Connolly. Too much of a coincidence at this stage.
Might be worried that Deegan didnt like being made a bollox of by getting the legal eagles to overturn Connolly red card in the 2011 semi he gave.

Kurtz

Its all a circus and people lap it up

Its pointless even reading the papers about a week before the game

gammysolo

Quote from: ballinaman on September 28, 2016, 07:40:59 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2016, 12:57:14 AM

Ger Brennan this morning in the examiner. This is obviously an orchestrated move by Dublin media manager to keep spotlight on Keegan/Connolly. Too much of a coincidence at this stage.
Might be worried that Deegan didnt like being made a bollox of by getting the legal eagles to overturn Connolly red card in the 2011 semi he gave.

I'm sure James Horan, Billy Joe Padden and Perma Tan will voice their opinions in media. James Horan has form for this. 2012 pre Dublin game.

westbound

Quote from: blast05 on September 27, 2016, 09:20:14 PM
Could you imagine the crack if Deegan decided to act on all this propaganda bullshit by issuing an early yellow to Keegan and then a 2nd yellow at some stage while letting Connolly off the hook.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of such a scenario, the consequence would mean the 'bull' from the Limerick replay would have a stampede alongside him.
The thing is i don't believe Deegan would be foolish enough to do this even in the very improbable scenario that it would be justified.

Question...
How many times has Keegan been sent off in his career? Twice - once in the Kerry draw in 2014 for a silly & petty reaction to Kerry provocation and once with a double yellow in club championship
How many times for Connolly ?

Wasn't keegan sent off towards the end of a connacht championship match last year? The details escape me but I think it was against Galway and he got involved in something to wind the clock down.  Pretty sure he was sent off.

The Aristocrat

Never mind the papers or that rubbish you read on social media, Ask Comier or Cavanagh about Keegan, he has form for it, prevents the best players on each team by pulling, dragging, fouling, gets away with murder. But I understand why he does it and I would do the same every time. It is part of the game.

Yeah yeah I know the Dubs are no angels, Philly Mac this, Duirmo that, Cooper this.

imtommygunn

For everything lee Keegan might do McMahon is as bad. Nearly every defender does it but Keegan also has the football to back it up. McMahon does too to be fair but this castigation of him is ridiculous. Defenders on top teams have been worse than him for years without the same furore.

Crete Boom

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2016, 09:28:46 AM
Never mind the papers or that rubbish you read on social media, Ask Comier or Cavanagh about Keegan, he has form for it, prevents the best players on each team by pulling, dragging, fouling, gets away with murder. But I understand why he does it and I would do the same every time. It is part of the game.

Yeah yeah I know the Dubs are no angels, Philly Mac this, Duirmo that, Cooper this.

Don't forget O'Shea diving , Colm Boyle late hits , Cillian O'Connor throwing eye socket breaking elbows , the evil culchie Co Boards stealing all the tickets ( especially hill tickets ) for Mayo , Jim Mcguinness plotting evil plans for Mayo , the paid off Ref and of course the worst wet weather (down to the culchie inclined weather gods ) ruining the Dubs celebration party!!! ;D

Crete Boom

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2016, 09:42:23 AM
For everything lee Keegan might do McMahon is as bad. Nearly every defender does it but Keegan also has the football to back it up. McMahon does too to be fair but this castigation of him is ridiculous. Defenders on top teams have been worse than him for years without the same furore.

True but top teams tend to have a bad boy fans and media love to hate and McMahon was enemy number one last year so it is Lee's turn this year.

imtommygunn

Seems a bit excessive this time though. Connolly is no saint and Cavanagh was a villain until a year or two ago and is now whiter than white making Keegan look bad. Sure Crowley was always as bad on Cavanagh anyway when he marked him.

Crete Boom

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2016, 10:01:08 AM
Seems a bit excessive this time though. Connolly is no saint and Cavanagh was a villain until a year or two ago and is now whiter than white making Keegan look bad. Sure Crowley was always as bad on Cavanagh anyway when he marked him.

Do you not just think it is a case of the Dubs camp taking advantage of the newspapers that are desperate to sell papers? With Dublin being where they will sell the most papers , having a piece with some ex Dublin hero attached to it is going to sell more copy than with an ex Mayo stars' name attached to it.

If the Dubs think they will sink Mayo by pressurising a ref to book or send off Keegan through the papers then let them at it but I think they have gone way over the top this week and it could well backfire on them.

rosnarun

the reason for Keegan great disiplinary record is a aprt from That  very non violent looking kick he never uses outright violence against his marker ,
look at the way he allowed connolly repeatedly  punch him in the face and Dragging him down and punch him on the ground , keegan just kept hold  of the jersey showing he would not back down,
keegan deserved his yellow but for striking Connolly should have got a straight red.
can they no longer use video evidence , it made me thing of the yelping mickey harte used to do a few years back when Tyrone were always on the telly and seemed to end up with some one banned every week because of it, and mickey used to blame the cameras and how thuggery in non televised games were treated differently 
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 28, 2016, 10:40:04 AM

Do you not just think it is a case of the Dubs camp taking advantage of the newspapers that are desperate to sell papers? With Dublin being where they will sell the most papers , having a piece with some ex Dublin hero attached to it is going to sell more copy than with an ex Mayo stars' name attached to it.

If the Dubs think they will sink Mayo by pressurising a ref to book or send off Keegan through the papers then let them at it but I think they have gone way over the top this week and it could well backfire on them.
id seriously worry about Deegan he seems a very weak willed character that the crowd know they can get at , like a lot of refs he seems to pick a few rules to ref on a certain day and ignore 90% of the rest of whats going on
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Canalman

If it is the article I read this morning, I can't see what the fuss is all about. Gist of what I read is that DC is usually targetted ( correct ) by opponents to try and put him off his game because of his suspect temperament (correct) and that any defender would be mad not to do so (correct again).

Bit of faux outrage if you ask me.

Btw, think Dublin will start the same team again next Saturday.

Tubberman

Quote from: Canalman on September 28, 2016, 11:10:45 AM

If it is the article I read this morning, I can't see what the fuss is all about. Gist of what I read is that DC is usually targetted ( correct ) by opponents to try and put him off his game because of his suspect temperament (correct) and that any defender would be mad not to do so (correct again).

Bit of faux outrage if you ask me.

Btw, think Dublin will start the same team again next Saturday.

It's not one article Canalman - Alan Brogan, Pillar Caffrey, Ger Brennan, Paul Clarke, Ciaran Whelan - they've all been in the media since the drawn game, all with the same mantra.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."