Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

NetNitrate

Quote from: blast05 on October 03, 2016, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: NetNitrate on October 03, 2016, 09:03:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2016, 06:36:23 PM
Net nitrate  and others need to read the oul black card section of the rule book.

I have read. They cover cynical fouls including "deliberately body collide with an opponent for the purpose of taking him out of movement of play."

Keegan was making no effort to be first to ball, and more intent of preventing a goal from disastrous kick out by taking Connolly out. It began with jersey grab, then left hand on shoulder, then around neck. No intent to play ball.

Disingenuous there Net nitrate ??....
It looks to me like you are deliberately mis-quoting  section 5.12 to suit your argument,

Not misquoting. There was an "or" there and the first part did not apply. The full rule is "deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play."

Keegan was guilty of the bit that came after the "or". The purpose was to take him out of movement of play when there was a possible goal on.

moysider

Quote from: NetNitrate on October 03, 2016, 09:51:56 PM
Quote from: blast05 on October 03, 2016, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: NetNitrate on October 03, 2016, 09:03:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2016, 06:36:23 PM
Net nitrate  and others need to read the oul black card section of the rule book.

I have read. They cover cynical fouls including "deliberately body collide with an opponent for the purpose of taking him out of movement of play."

Keegan was making no effort to be first to ball, and more intent of preventing a goal from disastrous kick out by taking Connolly out. It began with jersey grab, then left hand on shoulder, then around neck. No intent to play ball.

Disingenuous there Net nitrate ??....
It looks to me like you are deliberately mis-quoting  section 5.12 to suit your argument,

Not misquoting. There was an "or" there and the first part did not apply. The full rule is "deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play."

Keegan was guilty of the bit that came after the "or". The purpose was to take him out of movement of play when there was a possible goal on.

No. They were in a race for possession and Connolly had a head start. To take somebody out of a movement of play means that a player is prevented from making a supporting run/ getting involved in a play bit may not be the instigator or player in possession. I suspect you might know that already though. The possible goal has nothing to do with it either.
As I said earlier it was free in and a ticking but no card of any colour. Officials fucked up.

blast05

NetNitrate .... you know the intent of that rule is to deal with the 3rd man tackle.
And Keegan did not "deliberately collide" with him.

My frustration with the episode is with Deegan (and Connolly for doing a soccer esque on it in looking for a card) for looking to have changed his mind after Connolly gave him a lecture, i.e.: as previously mentioned, Deegan first indicated a jersey bull but after the lecture he indicated a pull down movement. Keegan, if anything, was too innocent in that moment in that he should have jumped in and shoved Connolly and made it clear to Deegan that Connolly went to ground of his own volition (i.e.: dived).

Anyway, its one incident. Bar that, i would be 100% looking in the mirror to explain why we lost .....but its hard to move on from it immediately given the influence from the ex-Dublin players in the week leading up to the match

moysider

Quote from: blast05 on October 03, 2016, 10:04:08 PM
Anyway, its one incident. Bar that, i would be 100% looking in the mirror to explain why we lost .....but its hard to move on from it immediately given the influence from the ex-Dublin players in the week leading up to the match

Agree. But while Rochford and Hennelly will be haunted by their decisions for the rest of their lives, Deegan and his officials will just move on.

criostlinn

NetNitrate .... you know the intent of that rule is to deal with the 3rd man tackle.

My frustration with the episode is with Deegan (and Connolly for doing a soccer esque on it in looking for a card) for looking to have changed his mind after Connolly gave him a lecture, i.e.: as previously mentioned, Deegan first indicated a jersey bull but after the lecture he indicated a pull down movement. Keegan, if anything, was too innocent in that moment in that he should have jumped in and shoved Connolly and made it clear to Deegan that Connolly went to ground of his own volition (i.e.: dived).

Not a dive. Only a dive when Aiden O Shea does it. And he wasnt waving an imaginary card around or trying to get Keegan sent off. Again these are only actions of that O'Shea fella.

saffronandblue

Imagine the outcry from the media if it was Keegan that dived and started waving the imaginary card around to get Connolly sent off.......the standard of journalism in the national media is deplorable, so one sided that it's no wonder those outside the pale have given up on buying the rags.  You'd think from reading the post match analysis that Dublin were a twenty points better team than Mayo.  I wont be buying one again for awhile, not sure which of them are the worst, McGee, Brehony etc....Jesus wept...

criostlinn

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on October 03, 2016, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on October 03, 2016, 08:05:34 PM
I wonder how Stephen Coen will deal with the intense media pressure that he will come under after him taking Diarmuid Connolly out of Lee Keegans pocket with the black card and placing him firmly into his own. Cant be at that Stephen. This lad has to be able express himself. So was it pulling and dragging or can Connolly actually be marked

Connolly has 4 all Ireland medals, four leagues etc etc. You can continue spouting boll0x all you want but Coen, Keegan et all are no nearer winning an all Ireland than they / you ever were. Suck it up stop talking sh1te and try to lose with a bit of graciousness. Who knows it might be the making of Mayo in years to come.

The haters will always hate. And fcuk me bar the odd exception this site is full of them. It does truly make our success all the sweeter.

Now I'm off to see where Sam will be later in the week for a further bit of celebrating a special team and special bunch of players. Good luck!

Stephen Coen has captained Mayo to minor and u21 titles. He played in a team that lost an All Ireland final by 1 point after a replay so I know one thing for sure hes definitely a lot nearer to winning an All Ireland then me. So what are the excuses for Connolly this time

Cat and Cage

Quote from: Jinxy on October 03, 2016, 09:49:57 PM
Sez physics.

"Proof by emphatic assertion."

Look, believe whatever you want to believe. Personally I think you're in denial. Any player who tries the same thing runs a serious risk of getting a black.

moysider

Quote from: Cat and Cage on October 03, 2016, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 03, 2016, 09:49:57 PM
Sez physics.

"Proof by emphatic assertion."

Look, believe whatever you want to believe. Personally I think you're in denial. Any player who tries the same thing runs a serious risk of getting a black.

I don t get this. What is a player supposed to do? Not compete?
That challenge was not a card of any colour.

INDIANA

No different to your own fans leading the charge against Connolly. Only so much whingeing can explain your complete inability as a county to produce top class forwards.

ashman

I wonder how Stephen Coen will deal with the intense media pressure that he will come under after him taking Diarmuid Connolly out of Lee Keegans pocket with the black card and placing him firmly into his own. Cant be at that Stephen. This lad has to be able express himself. So was it pulling and dragging or can Connolly actually be marked

Connolly has 4 all Ireland medals, four leagues etc etc. You can continue spouting boll0x all you want but Coen, Keegan et all are no nearer winning an all Ireland than they / you ever were. Suck it up stop talking sh1te and try to lose with a bit of graciousness. Who knows it might be the making of Mayo in years to come.

The haters will always hate. And fcuk me bar the odd exception this site is full of them. It does truly make our success all the sweeter.

Now I'm off to see where Sam will be later in the week for a further bit of celebrating a special team and special bunch of players. Good luck!

Will you stop this utterly pathetic "haters gotta hate " crap .  Ye won another all Ireland in a competition when every dice is loaded in ye're favour .  A few decision might and might not have went ye're way . Most people were hoping to see Mayo win due to the fact they were 65 years without a win. If Dublin hurlers say we're playing Tipp in a final most would love to see them win.

Your "suck it up" & "makes it sweeter " makes you look a pathetic gloater .  Remember the dice is bloody loaded .

INDIANA

Quote from: ashman on October 03, 2016, 10:51:05 PM

Will you stop this utterly pathetic "haters gotta hate " crap .  Ye won another all Ireland in a competition when every dice is loaded in ye're favour .  A few decision might and might not have went ye're way . Most people were hoping to see Mayo win due to the fact they were 65 years without a win. If Dublin hurlers say we're playing Tipp in a final most would love to see them win.

Your "suck it up" & "makes it sweeter " makes you look a pathetic gloater .  Remember the dice is bloody loaded .

It's not loaded at all. You wouldn't have known Dublin were playing last saturday in 80 percent of the city

Farrandeelin

Full of haters... sure... Enjoy yourself man, you'd swear you lost on Saturday the way you're going on. Try winning graciously as well. Some of us would love it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on October 03, 2016, 10:53:25 PM
Quote from: ashman on October 03, 2016, 10:51:05 PM

It's not loaded at all. You wouldn't have known Dublin were playing last saturday in 80 percent of the city

Really? 80% have no interest in Gaelic football in Dublin?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.