Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Butch Cassidy

Begley, O'Laughlin, Quigley, O'Carroll, Timmons, O'Connor, Walsh all missing, Armagh team with Jamie Clarke back, playing away from home and everyone had written them off. Congratulations to all involved, great character from all and hopefully this is the springboard to a great year. Roll on Tipp. Laois abu!!

Laoiseabu

SCFC it doesn't cover up the cracks Armagh missed goal chances and got disallowed goals Laois should have been beaten but I still think we could be relegated

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Split personality disorder sufferers don't go through as many highs and lows as Laois football fans

Target Man

Well done to the lads, wasn't there so no idea if performance was good or if we were lucky etc. Must have at least shown some bottle to come back and win. Massive result, especially given players we were missing, which puts us right back in the hunt for promotion.

BallyroanAbu

Glad to be wrong, really thought we would not get the result massive win hopefully the start of a turnaround.  To be honest I am still pessimistic.   We did get results against Armagh last year and still got relegated.  However Big Result.

Giovanni

I've missed only a handful of Laois matches over the last 15 years or so. This time, I decided not to go. I'll know better next time....

justinn

Player rating today. Brody 9, Strong 6, Booth 7, Kelly 7, Buggy 6, Lillis 6 Attrite 8, Meaney 9, Luttrell 6, Murphy 5, Doran 5, Donoher 7, O Connor 5 Kingston 7, Ramsbottom 7. Sub Conway 7. Other subs used O Reilly. Munnelly, Lowry, McMahon, P Kingston.

Laoisabu

Great result. Meaney was outstanding throughout the whole game. Brody was back to his best. Some lads just not good enough but tried very hard. Is Gary Walsh injured? One of the smallest Laois crowd I've ever seen at a game. Much improved from last week.

Laois Laois

Anyone know the extent of the injurys to  Begley, O'Loughlin, O'Carroll, O'Connor and Walsh. Are we likely to have any of them back for the Tipp match in two weeks time.

les Antiques

Walsh is 50/50 . The rest won't be involved . I wouldn't be too worried about Tipp , missing some key individuals also and the league is not on there list of priorities . . Yesterday summed up Laois the past few years . Missed the first ten mins but we were outplayed for most of the first half . Came into afterwards but all the wides and missed chances for Armagh clearly demoralised them and in fairness our lads never gave up . Meaney was the pick of the bunch , Donie hot and cold . A lot of average footballers who give everything to there county jersey , definitely deserve better support than was there yesterday .

redsetanta

I see where Boyle sports have made Laois favourites for promotion with Sligo second favs post the weekend results. They are obviously looking for some foolhardy Laois people to lump on.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on February 14, 2017, 11:44:29 AM
I see where Boyle sports have made Laois favourites for promotion with Sligo second favs post the weekend results. They are obviously looking for some foolhardy Laois people to lump on.
They'll never find any of them around here.

Tony

We're not going to get promoted I don't think, but we'll stay up after that result in Armagh. It'll be great to have JOL and Quigley back shortly. We'll get stronger as the league progresses. If we beat Tipp, we're certainly in with a decent chance of promotion, but I'm calling tipp to win that one. I was at Offaly Antrim game as it turned out & they also look strong. Very fast paced attacking in numbers and well drilled - they will be in with a shout too. Tight division.