Fr Philip Mulryne

Started by T Fearon, September 14, 2016, 05:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I see ex Man Utd and N Ireland player Philip Mulryne has been ordained.Bit ironic a former recent N I player becoming a priest.Hard to imagine anyone current or in the comparatively recent past,on the freestate team,coming to the realisation that a life filled with money,flash cars and super models is vacuous and giving it all up for the priesthood

PW Nally

Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2016, 05:58:29 PM
I see ex Man Utd and N Ireland player Philip Mulryne has been ordained.Bit ironic a former recent N I player becoming a priest.Hard to imagine anyone current or in the comparatively recent past,on the freestate team,coming to the realisation that a life filled with money,flash cars and super models is vacuous and giving it all up for the priesthood
1-0 4 de 6.

J70

Are you a priest Tony?

I've seen quite a few priests with plenty of money and very nice cars.

omaghjoe

Hes becoming a Dominican so would likely took a vow of poverty

Milltown Row2

Lovely fella met him a few times back in the day, he's good friends with an old mate of mine and during the summer he'd have been home playing 5 Asides with us on a Thursday night! If Alex had have found out he'd have sacked him!!

Wish him all the best
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

I hope he doesn't go the same way as Fr Unctious!

magpie seanie

Recognised the name. Good luck to the chap. Pity his ordination is being (ab)used to score points some obscure, vaguely related way.

theskull1

QuoteOn 30 August 2005 Mulryne was ejected from Northern Ireland's squad by manager Lawrie Sanchez for a breach of discipline

If Sean Brady was managing he'd have let it slide  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tonto

Bit ironic a former recent N I player becoming a priest
Do you and Alanis Morissette go to the same school?

T Fearon

That wouldn't be ironic,that would be coincidental

vallankumous

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2016, 08:45:18 PM
That wouldn't be ironic,that would be coincidental

No it wouldn't be that either. It would just be two facts.

omaghjoe

What about getting run over by an ambulance?

T Fearon

That's handy! As long as you're still alive!

Armamike

Can't see the attraction myself.
That's just, like your opinion man.