Norn Iron gets the chop at GAA game

Started by longballin, September 13, 2016, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Theres fcukrz comes into our ground coat trailing by handing pieces of paper with the queens head on it to the gate keepers.

winghalfun

This is Galbally we are talking about.  One of the very hottest of hot beds of Republican activism.

Maybe the close (some might allege too close) association with a huge PSNI contract could have played a part too. 

Not that that is a defense of course.

general_lee

Quote from: winghalfun on September 15, 2016, 11:54:03 AM
This is Galbally we are talking about.  One of the very hottest of hot beds of Republican activism.

Maybe the close (some might allege too close) association with a huge PSNI contract could have played a part too. 

Don't see why that would be an issue as mainstream republicanism support policing in NI? Or is Galbally dissie territory? Whoever pulled the sign down is an eejit, this is the type of behaviour I expect from and ridicule unionists for. We'd all be laughing at some DUP clown if they done something similar

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on September 13, 2016, 11:38:58 AM

So does that mean that the GAA can't take grants from Stormont or by extension the 26 Co Dept of Sport?
Do MLAs get let into Gaelic games in the 6 Cos?
Did the Galballyites hear of the Good Friday Agreement?

Shades of removing Dúbhglás De hÍde as a patron back in the day.

Such drivel. You are some gobshite.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: square_ball on September 14, 2016, 06:25:14 PM
I've heard it all now - not doing business with a company based on their website domain!

Certainly would make you think twice about who you're doing business with and steer it another direction.

pretty much the same as anyone you know who chose to have a yahoo or Hotmail .co.uk email address. Certainly not to be relied upon.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: HiMucker on September 15, 2016, 10:28:44 AM
Some of the advertising signs at our own ground and others state "Londonderry", should we pull them down?

Yes

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Rois on September 14, 2016, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 14, 2016, 06:10:31 PM
On a point of detail, their postcode and phone number is a function of where their premises are and nobody would note that in any way. The use of a co.uk website is a choice, and all other things being equal I would sooner do business with someone with a .ie address or at least a .com one.
Donnelly Group gave my club £50 when I bought a car from them back in Jan. That to me is more powerful than a domain name.

£50 - You're easily bought.

square_ball

Quote from: general_lee on September 15, 2016, 12:16:39 PM

Don't see why that would be an issue as mainstream republicanism support policing in NI? Or is Galbally dissie territory? Whoever pulled the sign down is an eejit, this is the type of behaviour I expect from and ridicule unionists for. We'd all be laughing at some DUP clown if they done something similar

Exactly if it was Jim Allister or Nelson McCausland ripping a banner down that had the island of Ireland wed be having some laugh at them. But as you said earlier as long as this fella is doing his bit to free Ireland then its all good.

armaghniac

Quote from: square_ball on September 15, 2016, 04:26:17 PM

Exactly if it was Jim Allister or Nelson McCausland ripping a banner down that had the island of Ireland wed be having some laugh at them. But as you said earlier as long as this fella is doing his bit to free Ireland then its all good.

If you believe that Nelson McCausland is somehow equivalent to nationalism then there is no point in debating with you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on September 15, 2016, 01:49:52 PM
Quote from: Rois on September 14, 2016, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 14, 2016, 06:10:31 PM
On a point of detail, their postcode and phone number is a function of where their premises are and nobody would note that in any way. The use of a co.uk website is a choice, and all other things being equal I would sooner do business with someone with a .ie address or at least a .com one.
Donnelly Group gave my club £50 when I bought a car from them back in Jan. That to me is more powerful than a domain name.

£50 - You're easily bought.
Ah rubbish, didn't realise other car dealers gave more to GAA clubs - tell me where I should shop in future.
I didn't ask for it and it wasn't part of the price negotiations. Of course it is a business, but one that is prepared to give what is the equivalent of one adult membership.
Galbally and other clubs had better stop their members attending county team training in Garvaghey as a significant contributor was the NI administration.

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on September 15, 2016, 05:15:08 PM

If you believe that Nelson McCausland is somehow equivalent to nationalism then there is no point in debating with you.
I think he is equating one deluded Loyalist numpty with one deluded republican one.

When we see stories of pubs on the Shankill road having World cup flags and not putting up the Irish or Ivory coast flag we laugh at them for their insular small-mindedness.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: LeoMc on September 16, 2016, 08:00:25 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 15, 2016, 05:15:08 PM

I think he is equating one deluded Loyalist numpty with one deluded republican one.

When we see stories of pubs on the Shankill road having World cup flags and not putting up the Irish or Ivory coast flag we laugh at them for their insular small-mindedness.
Indeed, it doesn't mean they should be mimicked in their small-mindedness though.

Brick Tamlin

Am I reading this right...some one here would re-consider dealing with or giving trade to companies that have a .co.uk after their domain name?
Really?

Laughable.

AZOffaly

I'm lucky Liverpool FC have a .com in their website.

JoG2

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 16, 2016, 09:49:14 AM
Am I reading this right...some one here would re-consider dealing with or giving trade to companies that have a .co.uk after their domain name?
Really?

Laughable.

UP A RA !