Ballyjamesduff

Started by Hereiam, August 30, 2016, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: LeoMc on September 07, 2016, 12:28:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2016, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2016, 10:58:31 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2016, 10:49:18 AM
Social media is changing the way old media work. More voices are joining the mix. It is pretty clear from this story.

Yes, and more uninformed voices, adding copious amounts of stupidity.
The ones that make it into the newspapers are not stupid
Richard Littlejohn
Katie Hopkins
Piers Morgan
Morgan and Littleton have the smarts. Hopkins is dogshit

clarshack

looks like alan hawe was about to be outed over something before he murdered his family. this story just gets sadder and sadder  :(

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/clodagh-boys-never-stood-chance-9367017

seafoid

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/alan-hawes-family-say-they-did-not-delay-exhumation-of-his-body-35701491.html

The family were all buried together side by side in the same plot in the small graveyard in St Mary's Church in the town of Castlerahan.
But earlier today Alan Hawe's body was was exhumed and later cremated in Dublin.
Now, in a statement released to Independent.ie, his family say that they have been the subject of threats from anonymous persons since the tragedy.

OakleafCounty

Glad to see this. Like a lot of people I was completely baffled and felt angry at him being given a funeral and burial with the family that he murdered in such a brutal way.

JimStynes

Was there ever any reason given why he did what he did?

DownFanatic

There seems to be sparse information as to the motives of Alan Hawe. A previous article had talked about how he was about to have a 'fall from grace.' An inquest is set to start towards the end of the year.

Minder

I read that at lunch, well just about was able to read it, you wonder what happens in someones head to make them do something like that to their own family
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: JimStynes on May 11, 2017, 11:28:37 PM
Was there ever any reason given why he did what he did?
There was today

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/read-in-full-family-of-clodagh-hawe-release-statement-after-inquest-verdict-returned-36421433.html

"The inquest does not address why Alan Hawe committed this savagery but his counsellor has said that he was concerned about his position as 'a pillar of the community' and we are aware that he was concerned at his imminent fall from that position and the breakdown of his marriage.

Jeepers Creepers

Saffronista

The toughest read I have had in a long time. Horrendous! That poor woman and kids, sickening to think what the had to endure! :'(

J70

Quote from: Minder on December 19, 2017, 01:56:29 PM
I read that at lunch, well just about was able to read it, you wonder what happens in someones head to make them do something like that to their own family

Well, from those articles he appears to have bad depression and some kind of delusional, psychotic issues. But, as often happens with mental health, it goes undiagnosed and untreated and, in the extreme cases, innocent people get hurt or die.

seafoid

It reminds me of a quote from Margaret Atwood. Men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them.