All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0919/817634-dubs-delay/

Seems odd that Dublin would insist on coming out later than asked. Did they think there was some sort of psychological edge to be gained??

Jinxy

Quote from: ZeitChrist on September 19, 2016, 09:55:23 PM
It's almost like he's talking a bunch of bullshit or something!

He's like the Mayo version of Heffo.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2016, 09:57:52 PM

Except I've never posted anything inaccurate

Farrandeelin

Probably a tad more pessimistic than heffo. Sure I did say rumours and put it in bold.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on September 05, 2016, 09:48:52 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 05, 2016, 08:16:06 AM
Any truth in the rumour Jim McGuinness is assisting the Mayo team on the run up to the final?

He's been with them since the start of last week

Quote from: heffo on September 19, 2016, 09:58:56 PM

Ahem  ;D

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 09:41:32 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 19, 2016, 12:39:55 PM
Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 12:24:13 AM

And finally.... can Mayo expect an allocation of tickets for the central section of Hill 16 for the replay with Dub supporters split in the peripheral sections, i.e.: the reverse of today? No, of course not. What was I thinking

Another urban myth.

There is no segregation on the Hill.

Supporters naturally gravitate towards their own colours, so you get clusters of supporters in particular areas. I was on the centre of the Hill behind the goalposts. During the minor game there were groups of Mayo lads around us but they all gradually moved across to where the bulk of the Mayo supporters had positioned themselves.

So Hill tickets that say "Nally terrace" allow you to mingle anywhere on the Hill ??

The Nally terrace is not the Hill. I repeat - there is no segregation on the Hill. The support on the Nally terrace was fairly evenly divided between Mayo and Dublin supporters. The majority of Mayo supporters on the terraces were on the Hill. In fact many Mayo supporters in the Nally terrace climbed out and crossed the Hill to join the Mayo supporters on the far side of the Hill.

Get your facts right before concocting conspiracy theories.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

blast05

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 19, 2016, 10:04:03 PM

And finally.... can Mayo expect an allocation of tickets for the central section of Hill 16 for the replay with Dub supporters split in the peripheral sections, i.e.: the reverse of today? No, of course not. What was I thinking

Another urban myth.

Supporters naturally gravitate towards their own colours, so you get clusters of supporters in particular areas. I was on the centre of the Hill behind the goalposts. During the minor game there were groups of Mayo lads around us but they all gradually moved across to where the bulk of the Mayo supporters had positioned themselves.

So Hill tickets that say "Nally terrace" allow you to mingle anywhere on the Hill ??

The Nally terrace is not the Hill. I repeat - there is no segregation on the Hill. The support on the Nally terrace was fairly evenly divided between Mayo and Dublin supporters. The majority of Mayo supporters on the terraces were on the Hill. In fact many Mayo supporters in the Nally terrace climbed out and crossed the Hill to join the Mayo supporters on the far side of the Hill.

OK, fair enough.
Not conspiracy theories .... i was just wrong.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 19, 2016, 09:17:39 PM
If the rumours emanating from the post match 'feed' in the Croke Park Hotel are true, then it could get nasty in 12 days time.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Hopefully if it does kick off it won be the deciding of the game like it was in our replay 20 years ago.

I suspect that the referee is between Deegan and McQuillan. I'd prefer McQuillan as I fear Deegan would be a complete homer.
They cant let any of the Meath mafia near it surely?

highorlow

What's the idea of that red arm / wrist bandage on some of the Dublin players yesterday? , Macauley and Andrews had them on.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 10:11:37 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 19, 2016, 10:04:03 PM

Another urban myth.

OK, fair enough.
Not conspiracy theories .... i was just wrong.

Maith an fear  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Lar Naparka

Quote from: heffo on September 19, 2016, 09:58:56 PM

Until now, that is. ;D
Anyway I think he was talking about Indiana. That boyo is keeping very quiet at the moment but he's always good for a few off the wall posts at times like this.
Farr wouldn't hold the proverbial candle to him.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

Yeah, where's Indiana?
I'd love to know what went wrong with the Dubs and he usually has the inside track.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on September 19, 2016, 10:35:52 PM
Yeah, where's Indiana?
I'd love to know what went wrong with the Dubs and he usually has the inside track.

He is in Lee Keegan's pocket.  :D
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

I genuinely don't get the hatred coming for O'Connor from some corners. Yes, he has a bit of spite in his game but that is a nearly a prerequisite for a top forward operating at the highest level these days. His point on Sunday was pure class and perhaps, in a way, served to fuel a little frustration in those who watch him, as it highlights what he is capable of.

I personally think he is top drawer and said after Mayo beat Tyrone that if he swapped teams that day, we'd have been sitting in an All Ireland final.
That was never a square ball!!

Lar Naparka

Connolly and Keegan have been banging away at each other quite happily since the '13 final or maybe earlier.
If anyone with a copy of the video of this game is interested enough to go and check back to around the 10th minute of the game, an off-the-ball incident was picked up by a camera with Connolly standing behind Keegan, tugging the collar of his jersey. The bould Lee didn't turn around but he was using his elbow to dig Connolly in the stomach or at least to break his grip.
Bu I also saw a photo somewhere where the two lads were pictured shaking hands and apparently about to swap jerseys at the end of the game.
Leroy and Diarmuid are probably the most fascinating match up in the country at present and both are absolutely vital to their respective sides. He who gains the upper hand next day will finish up on the winning side.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi