All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Zulu on September 18, 2016, 04:21:06 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 18, 2016, 04:19:18 PM
Quote from: OakLeaf on September 18, 2016, 04:17:05 PM
Time to end this Black card fiasco. Mc Auley with a hand and foot trip. No Black card. Connelly an obvious pull down. Nothing. It's obvious the referee hasn't the balls to use it consistently. Let's just go back to Yellows. Maybe then players will get punished for cycinal tackles.

Keegan threw his man to the ground off the ball early on too, blatant black card.

That's not a black card and shouldn't ever be though I know it was issued to SOS.

Is deliberately pulling/dragging someone to the ground not a black card?

galwayman

Quote from: Itchy on September 18, 2016, 04:19:18 PM
Quote from: OakLeaf on September 18, 2016, 04:17:05 PM
Time to end this Black card fiasco. Mc Auley with a hand and foot trip. No Black card. Connelly an obvious pull down. Nothing. It's obvious the referee hasn't the balls to use it consistently. Let's just go back to Yellows. Maybe then players will get punished for cycinal tackles.

Keegan threw his man to the ground off the ball early on too, blatant black card.
Consistency has always been the problem with the black card.
Happens in every game where lads get black carded for an offence that other lads escape sanction for.

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on September 18, 2016, 04:18:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2016, 04:16:34 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 18, 2016, 04:15:17 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on September 18, 2016, 04:13:08 PM
Cillian O'Connor has gone missing.

Have you seen this poor rural boy?

Brogan,  Connolly,  Flynn might get a run out in the 2nd half

Connolly hit a peach of a pass for the second og.

1 pass in 38 mins.. I stand corrected

I doubt if that is all he did, but it was a rare moment of class and a key moment in the game.

Wildweasel74

On review of McCarthys black its looks like a yellow no black, funny they wouldn't review the other dodgy calls

GalwayBayBoy

Hard lines on McCarthy there for the black card. If anything O'Connor leant in with the shoulder and McCarthy just shoved him.

Zulu

Quote from: galwayman on September 18, 2016, 04:16:03 PM
Mayo still have every chance

I wouldn't say that to be fair. They are still in the game but if they're plan is to try and win it by isolating AOS and/or Andy Moran in the full forward line and kick 1 in 5 balls into them then they'll need that tactic to be the most successful in the history of mankind.

In say that football is continuing down a worrying path. You could list out far more players who have done nothing in this game than you could say were playing well as we seem far more interested in cancelling players out rather than having your own players play to their ability. Keegan and Connelly could be in the Hogan watching the game for all either have done and that's not a good reflection of our game.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

square_ball

Hang on great start from mayo. I thought they were gone to be honest!

GalwayBayBoy

Wildweasel74

Itchy

Fair play to Mayo.

Anyone else think Clarke is pretty poor in the goal, poor enough kick outs and very dodgy under high ball

imtommygunn

I think subbing him would be a good move.

Macauley too.

Reds waiting to happen.

square_ball

Quote from: Itchy on September 18, 2016, 04:33:53 PM
Fair play to Mayo.

Anyone else think Clarke is pretty poor in the goal, poor enough kick outs and very dodgy under high ball

Agree with that. I think he's been poor aside from 2 decent enough saves in the first half. There's more goals for Dublin.

Thought mannion would have been on for Rock.

TabClear

Seamus o se has wasted 3 balls in the space of about 2 minutes that should have been mayo scores...