66 days

Started by winghalfback, August 13, 2016, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 15, 2016, 08:30:51 PM
I rarely agree with Tony, but he's 100% right here. Do any of you think that had Bobby Sands seen into the future , he'd be happy? Do you think he'd have eaten his breakfast the next morning?

Do you think Padraig Pearse would have bothered if knew what his fellow countrymen would do to the place over the next 100 years.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

cadhlancian

A hell of a lot more was " won" on the back of the rising, I think he'd have been happy enough....

Nigel White

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 15, 2016, 08:37:51 PM
The basic point is this Nigel. He didn't starve himself to death to see the likes of Martin McGuinness licking the queens hole...but wait, that's right , that's the " dinosaur point of view"....
Yup, you're right about the last bit.

foxcommander

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 15, 2016, 08:47:35 PM
A hell of a lot more was " won" on the back of the rising, I think he'd have been happy enough....

26 counties. Good job.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

OgraAnDun

Quote from: foxcommander on August 15, 2016, 08:49:37 PM

26 counties. Good job.

Better than the zero counties which were had previous to the Rising.

T Fearon

26 counties which fawns over the Queen and shits itself due to Brexit.Big Gav Robinson,DUP was right when he said the freestate was afraid of losing its big mate (Britain). Now we face a hard border separating North from South due to voters in North of England.26 independent counties? My arse.

muppet

Can Tony even make a post these days without thinking of the royals?
MWWSI 2017

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2016, 10:31:15 PM
26 counties which fawns over the Queen and shits itself due to Brexit.Big Gav Robinson,DUP was right when he said the freestate was afraid of losing its big mate (Britain). Now we face a hard border separating North from South due to voters in North of England.26 independent counties? My arse.
And what have you ever done to try and change things. Where do you stand as regards the queen, whose name you honour with a capital q, and all things British

T Fearon

I am oblivious to all of it.Nowadays money it seems is all that matters,the freestate's trade with Britain trumps everything else,even the GAA goes out of its way to curry favour and avail of British funding to develop facilities and hire out its facilities for so called foreign games.

Sinn Fein goes out of its way to be involved when senior royals visit Ireland,North and South.

It has all changed so quickly.I remember only 15 years ago,a political commentator in the Belfast Telegraph bemoaning the fact that even major hotels in Dublin and elsewhere in the South never fly the Union flag amid the host of other national flags they had to welcome guests.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 15, 2016, 08:30:51 PM
I rarely agree with Tony, but he's 100% right here. Do any of you think that had Bobby Sands seen into the future , he'd be happy? Do you think he'd have eaten his breakfast the next morning?
Well some shinners seem to have a rather bizarre interpretation of their motivations http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hunger-strikers-died-for-gay-rights-claims-sinn-fein-senator-fintan-warfield-34965230.html

tonto1888

Was a very good film. As for the rest being discussed on here, nobody knows

ciaraa

Quote from: foxcommander on August 15, 2016, 08:49:37 PM

26 counties. Good job.

Dont forget getting ruled by priests for 50 years. Great craic that was for all concerned.

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2016, 05:26:31 AM
I am oblivious to all of it.Nowadays money it seems is all that matters,the freestate's trade with Britain trumps everything else,even the GAA goes out of its way to curry favour and avail of British funding to develop facilities and hire out its facilities for so called foreign games.

Sinn Fein goes out of its way to be involved when senior royals visit Ireland,North and South.

It has all changed so quickly.I remember only 15 years ago,a political commentator in the Belfast Telegraph bemoaning the fact that even major hotels in Dublin and elsewhere in the South never fly the Union flag amid the host of other national flags they had to welcome guests.
So what do you think should happen?

T Fearon

I think it is inevitable that the freestate will join the commonwealth.We are now in effectively a post nationalist Ireland with revisionism pointing towards the proposition that the 1916 Rising was a fatal error.

Jeepers Creepers

Then all the graves will turn...