Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 01:10:47 PM
Féile 2022
*100,000 People in Attendance
*350 Events *
85 Debates and Discussions
*28 Art Exhibitions                   
*4 10,000 Person Concerts

From Féile's Twitter account.

Not bad at all (considering what was going on 35+ years ago in West Belfast and surrounding area) I think.

Unfortunately, Screen Exile and the likes will focus on one thing in particular, out of the thousands of things that was on this past week or so.

Wolfe Tones are definately not my thing but the demand is there obviously. Sold out in record time.

Next thing is some of you'll want Grace and Come Out You Black and Tans banned.  :o

This proves my point. Lots of positives but overshadowed by stupidity. Glorification of terrorism isn't ok. We wouldn't accept it if it was any other terrorist organisation they were singing about.

Define terrorist.

A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Old IRA, new IRA?

Were the RUC, BA and UDR terrorists?

So Whatabout? That's your argument?

general_lee

So we get rid of the Wolfe Tones for Féile 2023. Then what?

Wildweasel74

How about getting a band that not going to make West Belfast just look like them muns in East Belfast. Seen the kaiser Chiefs there one year,  no issues at all

Eire90

bonfires with the queens picture on it in derry,

marty34

Quote from: Eire90 on August 15, 2022, 06:08:54 PM

I don't agree with these bonfires.

If people remember, west Belfast, and north Belfast, to a lesser extent, were polluted (pun used) wirh bonfires for a long time.  A group came together to improve the situation for these areas and Fèile came along.

Fantastic idea and work.

Wildweasel74

As for the lad playing for Larne, excately on what scale of stupid would he rate?

marty34

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 15, 2022, 05:43:02 PM
We keep the heads down and pretend not to be Irish or Republican or Nationalist for the next few years and we're a cert to hoodwink Unionists into wanting a United Ireland. Should have done it years ago.

Yeah, this naive idea that we stop the promotion of being Irish, or anything to do with being Irish i.e.Irish language, Fleadh, and GAA etc., then unionists will somehow want to become re-united Irelanders.

Get real.

The 6 counties was established on a sectarian headcount.  Look at The Irish News' On This Day column and it goes back to 1922 etc. and mentions the pogroms in and around Belfast. 

Yeah, stop The Wolfe Tones and that's a gamechanger alright.  ???

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 15, 2022, 06:05:50 PM
How about getting a band that not going to make West Belfast just look like them muns in East Belfast. Seen the kaiser Chiefs there one year,  no issues at all

Was there a band playing the night before?

I think the was an 80's or 90's type disco also on one of the nights but not sure.

Again, this is a Bryson/TUV type statement trying to demonise the people of west Belfast.

I posted earlier how many debates/discussions/events and sporting competitions etc. were taking place - hundreds while thousands attended or took part.

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 15, 2022, 06:20:04 PM
As for the lad playing for Larne, excately on what scale of stupid would he rate?

Bit stupid alright.

marty34

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 04:17:20 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 02:45:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 02:11:09 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 01:26:09 PM
Féile 2022
*350 Events *
*28 Art Exhibitions                   

Not bad at all (considering what was going on 35+ years ago in West Belfast and surrounding area) I think.

Unfortunately, Screen Exile and the likes will focus on one thing in particular, out of the thousands of things that was on this past week or so.

Wolfe Tones are definately not my thing but the demand is there obviously. Sold out in record time.

Next thing is some of you'll want Grace and Come Out You Black and Tans banned.  :o

This proves my point. Lots of positives but overshadowed by stupidity. Glorification of terrorism isn't ok. We wouldn't accept it if it was any other terrorist organisation they were singing about.

Define terrorist.

A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Old IRA, new IRA?

Answer the question.

You didn't answer Snapchat's earlier.

Itchy

If there were 10k at a concert elsewhere with chants of us the uda I think we know the reaction here. Whatever you think about the ira campaign, it was a serious business and should never be trivialised by some ridiculous soccer chant like ooh aah, up the Ra. Brainless.

As for the Wolfe Tonnes, anyone who has ever had dealings with them will know their only god is money and not 2 fucks do they care about a United Ireland or the kids chanting along to them. In fact if my imaginary loyalist concert doubled their fee I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn up in sashes singing up to our necks etc.

As republicans we need to better than this and not sink into the gutter and turn it into a republican 12th.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eire90 on August 15, 2022, 06:08:54 PM

The 15th in Derry has nothing to do with the internment ones that Belfast had. It was a holy day event and has been going 100s years. Every street had their own usually few whin bushes and trees etc, when we were young you would never have seen that and that was during troubles. Few spuds in the bottom of the be bonfire was the highlight.Then there was a lad killed in early 90s in drunken stabbing. The wee bonfires were replaced slowly but surely by SF community events . We are now left with 2-3 disgusting things mimicking Unionists.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Btw Snapchat and Marty canny think for themselves

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 06:45:56 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 04:17:20 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 02:45:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 02:11:09 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 01:26:09 PM
Féile 2022
*350 Events *
*28 Art Exhibitions                   

Define terrorist.

Old IRA, new IRA?

Answer the question.

You didn't answer Snapchat's earlier.

Why bring in the peelers into this discussion? It's been answered then you've asked another question about the peelers?

they carried out terrorism acts, but then that's a different question, not relevant to what was put up here.

I assume he's saying if you are not into violence and from a unionist background then shouting up the ra isn't a thing that would make you want to unite the island.

We'll not get one in your life time or kids if we don't have the small unionist on board. Trust me there will still be plenty of northern 'nationalists' who'll vote for the status quo, like they did in Scotland

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

weareros

That Wolfe Tones song should be banned for pronouncing Celts as selts. Seems targeted to the plastic paddies in Boston. Awful shite.