Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 29, 2016, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: Declan on August 29, 2016, 04:48:38 PM

You gotta love the Kerry papers!!!!

Ha! Only Kevin Mc scored higher than a Kerry player who played in the same position.

How did Kerry manage to lose!?

muppet

That is a joke.

Kerry backs were 7 points better than the Dubs,
Kerry midfield was 3 points better
Kerry forwards were 1 points better.

This wasn't Danny Healy-Rae's analysis by any chance?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/danny-healy-rae-the-facts-are-therewe-had-noahs-ark-750315.html
MWWSI 2017

skeog

you can have all the anaylising but the ref gifted the game to dublin no ifs and buts about it

Wildweasel74

No matter what calls went in the game ( Ref should fired out at least 3 black cards) hows  that compare to the black cards in the Tyrone V Donegal Game, each ref seems to make up the f**king rules as he goes along, either enforce the black card at all times or do away with it, personally i think it show be enforced at all times (there were 5 black cards in a Derry championship game last week).

whether the ref was good or not he chickened out bigtime on awarding Kerry a free to level the game with the illegal shoulder hit, it was so obvious a free, Dublin would have got it had been then behind at that stage. Appointing a man who works in Dublin is strange. used to be ref in these games had to be a neutral province ref, cant understand why that changed.

Dublin by far the better team but a replay probably been a fair result, could Galvin not get somebody else to be the teams waterc carriers as Eric Cantona would call them instead of 2 scoring forwards like Flynn and kilkenny?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Zulu on August 29, 2016, 03:49:55 PM
I'm amazed at some of the nonsense being spouted here about the ref. I only saw the highlights on the Sunday game last night but they addressed some of the more contentious decisions and showed them to be correct. McManamon's shoulder should have been a free but it was only a fraction late and there appeared to be a Dublin player partially blocking the ref's view of that so I think he gets a pass there. Hurling referee's miss or ignore far more fouls and rarely get criticised for it, especially if the game was good, whereas football referees, who have far more decisions to make, get slaughtered if they get any few wrong.

Mayo v Kerry in Limerick and yesterday's game had an intensity about them that we want in football and when it's there makes it the best game in the world yet both the referee's got huge criticism whereas I think both did very well. The shoulder in hurling is interpreted very liberally it should be in football too, if we want the game to be a contact sport.

You could well imagine David Gough reading some of the online commentary and thinking to himself, feck this, to please these moaning gits I'm just going to blow for everything from now on and the already increasingly rare sight of a physically intense game of football will become all the rarer.

There was a couple of very dubious 45's that Dublin went in Dublin's favour that were not covered and still didn't think either of those late free's awarded to Dublin should have been given. They showed Murphy touching the ball on the ground, that was hardly conclusive and I'm sure Gough had blown prior to Murphy trying to make the tackle. A few of us watched the game and none of us would have much time for Kerry but were all in agreement the Dubs were appeared to be 4 or 5 soft free's. 

fearbrags

They were the make calls for ""the Goal"" that he wasn't sure had crossed the line IMPO

macdanger2

The ref made a few bad calls but on balance, these didn't result in the best team losing.

I was very impressed with the way Dublin dug in after going 3 down in the second half. That was the point when being all ireland champions and having cruised through their games to date might have meant they weren't giving 110% but they managed to pull it out and look set to retain Sam for the first time in a decade. That said, I don't think Mayo will roll over for them, it'll be a close run thing

LilySavage

Surprised not much made of the 2 45s within a minute. Looked two bad decisions against Kerry. 2 point swing at key time. Paul Murphy shot blocked , hit post. McMenamon screams house down and ref gives him a dubious 45 overruling umpires. Rock slots the kick. Dubs may still have won , who knows.

straightred

Quote from: LilySavage on August 29, 2016, 08:43:23 PM
Surprised not much made of the 2 45s within a minute. Looked two bad decisions against Kerry. 2 point swing at key time. Paul Murphy shot blocked , hit post. McMenamon screams house down and ref gives him a dubious 45 overruling umpires. Rock slots the kick. Dubs may still have won , who knows.

Here's a few decisions explained in this clip
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0829/812774-dublin-kerry-black-card-bernard-flynn-david-gough/

Syferus

Gough has really established himself as the best IC ref by a large margin this season. Excellent ref.

cicfada

sometimes teams benefit from ref's decisions, sometimes they don't! Kerry got the rub of the green from decisions in 2014 v Mayo in Limerick and yesterday  they didn't! What comes around goes around I guess! Well done both teams for a terrific match and Mayo have it all to all but I believe they will!

SCFC

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 29, 2016, 01:21:32 PM
Did someone say Gough is a teacher who lives and works in Dublin but he represents Meath at intercounty level?
He teaches in the Templeogue area and has coached in St Jude's GAA club.

Rossfan

Quote from: SCFC on August 29, 2016, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 29, 2016, 01:21:32 PM
Did someone say Gough is a teacher who lives and works in Dublin but he represents Meath at intercounty level?
He teaches in the Templeogue area and has coached in St Jude's GAA club.
Shouldn't be appointed to Dublin games in that case.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Zulu on August 29, 2016, 03:49:55 PM
I'm amazed at some of the nonsense being spouted here about the ref. I only saw the highlights on the Sunday game last night but they addressed some of the more contentious decisions and showed them to be correct. McManamon's shoulder should have been a free but it was only a fraction late and there appeared to be a Dublin player partially blocking the ref's view of that so I think he gets a pass there. Hurling referee's miss or ignore far more fouls and rarely get criticised for it, especially if the game was good, whereas football referees, who have far more decisions to make, get slaughtered if they get any few wrong.

Mayo v Kerry in Limerick and yesterday's game had an intensity about them that we want in football and when it's there makes it the best game in the world yet both the referee's got huge criticism whereas I think both did very well. The shoulder in hurling is interpreted very liberally it should be in football too, if we want the game to be a contact sport.

You could well imagine David Gough reading some of the online commentary and thinking to himself, feck this, to please these moaning gits I'm just going to blow for everything from now on and the already increasingly rare sight of a physically intense game of football will become all the rarer.

Maybe if you had of watched the game instead of highlights you'd be in a better position to comment.