JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 28, 2016, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on August 28, 2016, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 28, 2016, 04:24:05 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on August 28, 2016, 04:10:28 PM
If Kerry win they don't deserve it, two lucky goals

'deserve's' got nothing to do with it!

Explain that logic to me, I stand by my point, a strong team like that who come back from 5 down derserve to be playing in the final

You predicted Dublin would hammer Kerry.  You then dunged yourself thinking Kerry might win.  It doesn't matter a darn who deserves to win,  the scoreboard is all that matters.  Logic baby!
Deserve is purely subjective. Fate is much more logical.

But ultimately doesn't matter a damn

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Ballaghman on August 28, 2016, 09:11:36 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 28, 2016, 07:50:17 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2016, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2016, 07:14:48 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 07:11:36 PM
Objects thrown at referee David Gough

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260128
A programme wouldn't do much harm in fairness.

the point is what the reaction would be if it was Dublin fans.

Relief it wasn't anything worse? Cheer up, Indiana - you've more chips on your shoulder than Leo Burdock sees in a week.
In fairness Kerry fans have some cheek complaining about a Meath ref doing them over in a semi-final. Throwing missiles at the fella (who wasn't a patch on Cormac Reilly by the way) is totally unacceptable. We were rode 9 ways to Sunday 2 years ago in Limerick and, apart from one big clown trying to get on the pitch, the Mayo fans showed unbelievable restraint. Of course you're fit to clatter the fella but you can't resort to physically assaulting him, ever.

They've had a helping hand from match officials to the final in both their previous semi-finals. They must have got accustomed to it and I didn't think Gough was that favourable to Dublin.

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on August 28, 2016, 09:49:17 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 28, 2016, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on August 28, 2016, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 28, 2016, 04:24:05 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on August 28, 2016, 04:10:28 PM
If Kerry win they don't deserve it, two lucky goals

'deserve's' got nothing to do with it!

Explain that logic to me, I stand by my point, a strong team like that who come back from 5 down derserve to be playing in the final

You predicted Dublin would hammer Kerry.  You then dunged yourself thinking Kerry might win.  It doesn't matter a darn who deserves to win,  the scoreboard is all that matters.  Logic baby!
Deserve is purely subjective. Fate is much more logical.

But ultimately doesn't matter a damn

Unless its connected to fate.....

macdanger2

Actually, it turns out the free where the kerryman blocked down the ball was correct - fouling BB off the ball by Enright.

straightred

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2016, 10:59:47 PM
Actually, it turns out the free where the kerryman blocked down the ball was correct - fouling BB off the ball by Enright.

And the touch the ball on the ground was correct. Shoulder was wrong but he didnt give a similar one the other way so at least he was consistently wrong. Anything else to clear up - the throw ball that led to a kerry point is still a throw ball but kerry don't want to mention that

As I said earlier the ref did ok and he certainly didn't affect the result

dublin7

Quote from: straightred on August 28, 2016, 11:24:03 PM

And the touch the ball on the ground was correct. Shoulder was wrong but he didnt give a similar one the other way so at least he was consistently wrong. Anything else to clear up - the throw ball that led to a kerry point is still a throw ball but kerry don't want to mention that

I was standing in the Hill today and Kevin Mac's attempted fist point was clearly blocked so Kerry fans can have no complaints. They can bitch and moan like a little girl about the tackle on Crowley in injury time but that was no different to the tackle on Philip McMahon that was not given as a free either.

Bottom line, Kerry got gifted 2 goals in the 1st half and still couldn't win today. They need to rebuild and replace the likes of Donaghy who spends more time moaning then playing football

easytiger95

Lads,

Good Jaysis

What a game

What a bunch of players

You just saw two heavyweights go toe to toe, and you're banging on about the ref!!!

If the Dubs lost I would not be saying that we were rode and none - NONE - of the many Kerrymen I spoke to at the game and after, thought that. The take from them was that they threw everything at us and they came up marginally short.

You're after seeing one of the greatest games of football ever. Whether we win an All Ireland or not, I was privileged to be there.

ashman

Quote from: dublin7 on August 28, 2016, 11:30:58 PM

I was standing in the Hill today and Kevin Mac's attempted fist point was clearly blocked so Kerry fans can have no complaints. They can bitch and moan like a little girl about the tackle on Crowley in injury time but that was no different to the tackle on Philip McMahon that was not given as a free either.

Bottom line, Kerry got gifted 2 goals in the 1st half and still couldn't win today. They need to rebuild and replace the likes of Donaghy who spends more time moaning then playing football

d7

As a matter of Interest did you boo Donaghy today ??

moysider

Was it that great a game. Dublin controlled most of it quite comfortably. A purple patch from Kerry before half time gave them something to fight for in second half. But they only scored 5 points in the last 40 mins. Hardly vintage stuff.

macdanger2

Thought Rock should have been nominated for motm, he was excellent today

moysider

Rock was excellent. That's the thing. Put most emphasis trying to stop likes of Brogan and Connolly. and McMenaman, Mannion, Rock or Paddy Andrews will take up the slack and kill you anyway.

dublin7

Quote from: ashman on August 28, 2016, 11:43:31 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 28, 2016, 11:30:58 PM

d7

As a matter of Interest did you boo Donaghy today ??
u
I didn't boo Donaghy not that that had any effect on the result today. I was actually disappointed he had to go off in the 2nd half as His legs had gone and he was contributing nothing to. the Kerry team

moysider

Marc and Gooch top players. O Mahoney a warrior. The type you would want in your side.

Donaghy would have few admirers outside Kerry, but arguably as important as any Kerry player as regards winning a couple of AIs. They got the most out of him. Kerry have always been great at squeezing the last drop out of important players. These lads wont be easily replaced, good and all as their recent minor teams look.

Jell 0 Biafra

Rock clearly Dublin's most crucial player this year.

Ref kept Kerry in the game first half.  Some very handy frees to keep them in touch prior to the goals.

Seamus

Congrats to the Dubs, deserving winners just about, can't wait till we meet again
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".