Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 28, 2016, 06:05:53 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 05:54:50 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 28, 2016, 05:49:33 PM
Two soft frees in front of the post. Debatable 45 as well. Worth three points. Free in not given for hit to Kerry to equalise. And both teams should have had a black card. A lot of bad calls. Kerry had to work harder for a free.

The better team never has to work hard for a free, because the better team will get into better scoring positions and more than often be fouled to stop them. It's only logical that the better team looks effortless in getting a free?

One free I've seen a few times and there was literally no contact on a Dublin player. That's inexcusable.

That was one. McManamon's shoulder to the chest was another.

Then there were the two 'wides' in a row at either end. Kerry claimed a block and were waved away. McManamon seemed to throw the ball wide, had a fit and got a 45. On TV the Kerry one looked a better claim, but both were hard to call. A ref 40m metres away was not in a better position to call them than the umpires. Both of those calls went to the Dubs.

I agree about Griffin's card, should have been black.

My issue here is not the result. I didn't want to play either team in the final.  ;D

It is the chronic inconsistency of the refereeing.
MWWSI 2017

Cunny Funt

12 points for Dean Rock today without a doubt Dublins most improved and underrated player. Donaghy and O Sullivan both going off injured was a big blow to Kerry and the very inches Dublin needed to win a very competitive contest.

heffo

Happy with the win, better team one (just about).

All eyes on the final now - I predicted Mayo back in January and nothing has changed my mind.

muppet

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 28, 2016, 06:50:12 PM

12 points for Dean Rock today without a doubt Dublins most improved and underrated player. Donaghy and O Sullivan both going off injured was a big blow to Kerry and the very inches Dublin needed to win a very competitive contest.

Yes Dean Rock was fantastic. I thought Johnny Cooper was good as well. Fenton has really grown into a top, top midfielder. Kerry's midfield hardly caught a ball. Part of that was McCauley's disruptive influence, but most of it was Fenton's real quality.
MWWSI 2017

David McKeown

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 28, 2016, 04:07:58 PM
Should it not be black card for McMahon? Mouthing.

That's what I thought. Might have had a big impact on the game. If it's not going to be used properly the black card has to go.

Great game though I have to say
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

uimhr ocht

It was a great tussle and the dubs showed a bit of character to win it from 5 pts behind,kerry seemed content sitting back on the lead only 5 pts 2nd half.

JoG2

Quote from: trentoneill15 on August 28, 2016, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 28, 2016, 04:24:05 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on August 28, 2016, 04:10:28 PM
If Kerry win they don't deserve it, two lucky goals

'deserve's' got nothing to do with it!

Explain that logic to me, I stand by my point, a strong team like that who come back from 5 down derserve to be playing in the final

You predicted Dublin would hammer Kerry.  You then dunged yourself thinking Kerry might win.  It doesn't matter a darn who deserves to win,  the scoreboard is all that matters.  Logic baby!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Asal Mor

Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2016, 05:38:18 PM
The RTE panel have completely ignored this game's biggest issue, which is the sport's biggest issue.

Gough was worth way more than two points to Dublin today.
Totally agree.
One thing I wasn't sure about though, did the ball cross the line for Kerry's second goal? It looked to me like the whole of the ball might not have crossed.

Asal Mor

Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2016, 06:32:32 PM
Then there were the two 'wides' in a row at either end. Kerry claimed a block and were waved away. McManamon seemed to throw the ball wide, had a fit and got a 45. On TV the Kerry one looked a better claim, but both were hard to call. A ref 40m metres away was not in a better position to call them than the umpires. Both of those calls went to the Dubs.

I found that decision to over-rule his umpire very bizarre. Even in the replay it looked unclear, and he was 40m away with no view of it.

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 07:11:36 PM
Objects thrown at referee David Gough

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260128

I obviously don't condone things being thrown at an official.

Maybe they should have given him a fair shoulder (his interpretation)!  ;D
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

tonto1888

Great game. Thought Dublin deserved it. Can't recall the Kerry 45 you guys are talking about but agree with the Dublin one. Thought it was a wide.

INDIANA