Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Two soft frees in front of the post. Debatable 45 as well. Worth three points. Free in not given for hit to Kerry to equalise. And both teams should have had a black card. A lot of bad calls. Kerry had to work harder for a free.

ballinaman

Can't say I'm sorry to see Kerry getting rode by a ref, what goes around comes around.

Il Bomber Destro

I wouldn't write Mayo off.

As history has shown us, many teams have stumbled into a final and then delivered a performance. While Mayo have been poor this year, they have shown themselves to be a match to Dublin in the past. They really need Diarmuid O'Connor back flying again though. They should leave O'Shea and Moran inside at all times as well and have the option to vary their play in long.

I'd put it 70/30 Dublin but Mayo are in a good place.

moysider

Quote from: GJL on August 28, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2016, 05:27:30 PM
Where the fcuk do Mayo start?

Does not matter where they start. Dublin will win pulling up.

Probably.

But at least we know that there is nobody else that would do any better than Mayo will.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 28, 2016, 05:49:33 PM
Two soft frees in front of the post. Debatable 45 as well. Worth three points. Free in not given for hit to Kerry to equalise. And both teams should have had a black card. A lot of bad calls. Kerry had to work harder for a free.

The better team never has to work hard for a free, because the better team will get into better scoring positions and more than often be fouled to stop them. It's only logical that the better team looks effortless in getting a free?

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on August 28, 2016, 05:52:20 PM
Can't say I'm sorry to see Kerry getting rode by a ref, what goes around comes around.

You can sing that one!

Jinxy

A Meath ref for good measure!  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ashman

The real story today is the massive gap between Dublin and the best of the rest in terms of pure fitness .  The Dubs are on another level in this regard.

mrdeeds

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 05:54:50 PM

The better team never has to work hard for a free, because the better team will get into better scoring positions and more than often be fouled to stop them. It's only logical that the better team looks effortless in getting a free?

One free I've seen a few times and there was literally no contact on a Dublin player. That's inexcusable.

square_ball

Was that the one in the 2nd half where young blocked down a shot then the ref called it back? That one looked harsh to me.

Jinxy

Quote from: ashman on August 28, 2016, 06:02:05 PM
The real story today is the massive gap between Dublin and the best of the rest in terms of pure fitness .  The Dubs are on another level in this regard.

Mayo are fitter than Kerry though.
If they lose the final, it won't be because they run out of puff.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2016, 05:56:52 PM

A Meath ref for good measure!  ;D

We own the hymnsheet with that particular buachaill, and the Kerrry lads rented it today. Dublin, however, were deserved, just a bleedin'bout! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Was the debatable 45 pointed?
I wouldn't argue against the ref's questionable decisions  having an influence in a close game, but Dublin came out on top and I wouldn't argue against that either.
I have the feeling that was our 2016 AI  final.

straightred

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 28, 2016, 05:43:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2016, 05:38:18 PM
The RTE panel have completely ignored this game's biggest issue, which is the sport's biggest issue.

Gough was worth way more than two points to Dublin today.

Spillane has no issues with him and I'm pretty sure said the reffing was good.

the ref was ok - kerry got a score in the first half from a very obvious throw under cusack stand. They got a late point the 2nd when the player must have taken 10 steps.

Minder

Quote from: straightred on August 28, 2016, 06:28:13 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 28, 2016, 05:43:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 28, 2016, 05:38:18 PM
The RTE panel have completely ignored this game's biggest issue, which is the sport's biggest issue.

Gough was worth way more than two points to Dublin today.

Spillane has no issues with him and I'm pretty sure said the reffing was good.

the ref was ok - kerry got a score in the first half from a very obvious throw under cusack stand. They got a late point the 2nd when the player must have taken 10 steps.

The steps rule is as badly officiated in football as it is in hurling it seems
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"