Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Quote from: whitey on September 02, 2016, 06:09:55 PM
Game has sped up considerably since 1884.....2 refs one for each side of the pitch and empower linesmen and umpires

Thank you Whitey...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

muppet

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 02, 2016, 07:29:23 PM
Game has sped up considerably since 1884.....2 refs one for each side of the pitch and empower linesmen and umpires

Thank you Whitey...

Some here might argue that this is unproven.  :D
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: heffo on September 02, 2016, 06:44:01 PM

We'll need three refs for the final if Mayo try the rough stuff again.

Mayo's record breaking backroom team has been expanded by one for the last week and until final? Until victory always? No shortage of dollars in Castlebar - some enterprising Dub should setup a roadblock on the road from Shannon to Castlebar to hold up these bagmen coming in laden down with cash from the States.

With Donald surging in the polls, I feel I can now take a break for a few weeks to concentrate my online rantings to other worthwhile pursuits.

Fuzzman

Zulu I think the important point is having some affiliation with a club in Dublin. My kids are club members in Dublin and I know a few Dub players and would feel very uncomfortable if I had to ref a Dublin game if I was a ref.

From the Bunker

Where did the bias for the Limerick 2014 fiasco from Cormac O'Reilly come from? He has no obvious Kerry connections. Is it that he just hated Mayo?

Rossfan

His mother is from Ros :D Ballagh I understand
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2016, 10:33:47 AM
Where did the bias for the Limerick 2014 fiasco from Cormac O'Reilly come from? He has no obvious Kerry connections. Is it that he just hated Mayo?

Yep.
So in a way, it was your own fault for making him hate you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on September 03, 2016, 12:09:15 PM

Yep.

What ever happened to Cormac? Have not seen him Referee since the Roscommon Fermanagh game last year? Seems from that performance he does not like the Rossies either?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Jinxy on September 03, 2016, 12:09:15 PM

Yep.

;D

sambostar

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 03, 2016, 09:38:54 AM
Zulu I think the important point is having some affiliation with a club in Dublin. My kids are club members in Dublin and I know a few Dub players and would feel very uncomfortable if I had to ref a Dublin game if I was a ref.
I'm a club member in Dublin now as kids are too but I'd be perfectly comfortable reffing the Dubs & giving decisions against them 😛

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: sambostar on September 03, 2016, 05:26:15 PM
I'm a club member in Dublin now as kids are too but I'd be perfectly comfortable reffing the Dubs & giving decisions against them 😛

You'll see a time when your kids will stand on the Hill in blue supporting the Dubs - even when they're playing Tyrone.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

sambostar

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2016, 05:39:04 PM

You'll see a time when your kids will stand on the Hill in blue supporting the Dubs - even when they're playing Tyrone.
Tell me about it, they're already cheering on the Dubs! They were laughing in Omagh the last time Tyrone played them there & Dubs scored 2 goals in the 1st 5mins - they didn't get any treats bought for them at ht that day!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: sambostar on September 03, 2016, 05:57:18 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2016, 05:39:04 PM

Tell me about it, they're already cheering on the Dubs! They were laughing in Omagh the last time Tyrone played them there & Dubs scored 2 goals in the 1st 5mins - they didn't get any treats bought for them at ht that day!

Wait till one of them is playing for the Dubs - you'll be wearing blue yourself.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

muppet

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/speed-cams-placed-inside-kerry-border-to-catch-gaa-fans-on-semifinal-day-healy-rae-35067700.html

Michael Healy-Rae, Independent TD for Kerry South, has hit out at 'disgraceful' placing of speed cameras he claims are a deliberate attempt to catch out Kerry fans coming back from matches.

In a statement, Deputy Healy-Rae claimed that speed cameras were deliberately placed inside the Kerry border after the All-Ireland Semi Final to catch Kerry fans out as they were coming home.
"When the whole idea of speed vans was envisaged it was to save lives... Now it is a money making exercise and a method of doing everything they can to increase the amount of penalty points bestowed upon road users and in many cases be the cause of people losing their licenses," Deputy Healy-Rae said.

"These are respectable, law abiding people who just might happen to be doing a couple of very small Km's over the speed limit and are now paying a very heavy penalty for it."

MWWSI 2017