NEW LAOIS MANAGER

Started by Unlaoised, August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

It was between Evans and Creedon in the end . Curran was a non runner . Laois candidates showed little interest . Evans priced himself out to say the least .

El Jefe

Is Rooney gone too? Minor trials coming up and no manager?

Unlaoised

Very Surprised that there is no local involved as a selector etc?

Maybe a clean slate is what we need.

Will we get a few more years out of Quigley,Timmons,Begley,Strong etc?I for one hope so !I think they should all get together and say lads one more push get some silverware in a division three title and get Laois football back to division two.

We might not have the greatest minor teams in recent years but all it takes is a couple of players to come through ..

Lets not write of the season before this one has even started!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

les Antiques

Quote from: El Jefe on September 27, 2016, 01:16:42 PM
Is Rooney gone too? Minor trials coming up and no manager?

Creedon is also taking over the U21 s  and will have an advisory role with the Minors too .

Tony

It's all sounding pretty impressive so far, if I'm honest. We've gone from a man who couldn't find a pitch to play in for the whole winter to a man who's organising the underage structure & getting a very experienced team on board with him. Early days though. PS Yes he was at some club games recently, we were wondering what he was doing at the Stradbally Ballylinen match - he had 2 other men with him also.

Let's not forget : this man is one of the leading men behind the rise of Tipperary footballers over the last decade  - going from nothing to semi final of all- ireland this year.

redsetanta

All things considered it's a good appointment.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

steven seagal

QuoteCreedon is also taking over the U21 s  and will have an advisory role with the Minors too .

That's unprecedented I would think, to give someone that level of control? An input to all three Laois teams? All reports about him seem good, and I don't mean to talk him down or anything, but we are placing a huge amount of faith in him if he's going to be involved with the three squads. Mark Rooney got us to a first minor final in nearly a decade, and he hasn't been kept on. Derek Conroy seemed to be doing well with the U-21s but he won't be there next year now presumably. I don't like the idea that two of our best young managerial options in the county won't be involved at intercounty level next year.

I hope Creedon is a success, and everything seems to indicate he is a good appointment, but judging from what has come out in the last day or so, we seem to have completely handed the reins over to him. Our track record of appointments in recent years is woeful, so I hope we've gotten this one right. God only knows where we go if it doesn't pan out.

Joeythelips

That sounds good, even Wooly on twitter says he is excited after asking around about him. As i said last year I think Laois have the players to be competitive in Div 2, so winning Div 3 should be their goal and see where it takes us from there.

"Creedon is thought to be on the lookout for a Strength and Conditioning Coach, while one or possibly two local selectors will also be added to the setup."
I would hope so, Conroy and Rooney have shown potential so should be involved in some capacity in the set up so they can develop as coaches.

I am looking forward to 2017 already.

Laoiseabu

Unlaoised

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 27, 2016, 04:39:23 PM
I'm not

:( :( :( :( :(

I think the backroom team he has in place is very impressive!
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

I'm not worried about the back room team it's the players I'm worried about

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great appointment, this guy has been through it all and has some good success on his CV. It can be easy enough to take over a good team and succeed but to do what he did with Tipperary was outstanding.
Most of the foundation work for the present Tipp team was laid by him and one of his selectors and we all know how good Tipp turned out even after losing some of their more experienced players. Good work must have been done a few years ago to have guys at a level to step in to the team when they needed them.
I'm delighted he will have input into teams in the lower grades as they are the future and he needs to know what's coming up.
It's a much better outcome than I was expecting and best of luck to all concerned..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

south Laois

I couldn't have put it better Junior!! Looking forward to next year. Hopefully all the players stay on board.