NEW LAOIS MANAGER

Started by Unlaoised, August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

Any clues to who they have in mind Tony?

Unlaoised

Not that lipped

I've got information that's it's Peter Creedon former Tipperary football manager.

It will be common knowledge later this evening
LAOIS ABÚ

GAA-SMART

Quote from: Unlaoised on September 26, 2016, 08:59:42 AM
Not that lipped

I've got information that's it's Peter Creedon former Tipperary football manager.

It will be common knowledge later this evening

Wouldn't be very excited by if Peter was appointed, sure it was  Tommy Toomey who called the shots when Creedon managed Tipp

Unlaoised

Well that's what I heard in O'Moore Park yesterday!
LAOIS ABÚ

south Laois

Peter Creedon it is then. Don't know much about him.

BallyroanAbu

This prob won't end well hopefully I will be proved wrong.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

if it is creedon, the current administration will have managed to finally kill of the last flickers of hope within the county.
2 predictions...division 4 here we come, and sacked by this time next year.

Tony

As my source suggested, manager named this week. If you don't know anything about Creedon, why even post? Sacked next year? Div 4? He has just been named and people are writing him off. I've been following his CV - he's actually a good fit for Laois, given the competition. What were people expecting - Micko to come back or something. It was never going to be a huge appointment. My prediction is that, if our players commit, this will be a wise move. Let's hope he can also have a say about our underage coaching and structure too, given his vast experience with very successful underage setup in Tipp.

BallyroanAbu

Tony are you Peter O Neill  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    This is a bad appointment not because Creedon is good or bad but because the appointment is so insignificant it does not bind the county together can't see players rowing in behind this.

beano

Ah lads, I know he isn't "high profile" but give the man a chance!! At least he has intercounty experience and has been working with players at a similar level to Laois. He should be a big improvement on lillis!

welcomehome

think he should be a given a chance....any one know any of the selectors...

redsetanta

He's a better shot than Paul Curran in my opinion.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

No problem with man. How the hell did it take so long to appoint him though?

Tony

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 26, 2016, 09:41:45 PM
Tony are you Peter O Neill  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    This is a bad appointment not because Creedon is good or bad but because the appointment is so insignificant it does not bind the county together can't see players rowing in behind this.
Stupid thing to say ballyroan  ;D. Do you think Glen Ryan, Paul Curran or Jason Ryan would have a unanimous positive reaction? Course not.

les Antiques

Peter Creedon has been on the Laois Co Board radar for the past few months . He has actually been to a 4 or 5 matches in Portlaoise . By all accounts could be a shrewd appointment . Very meticulous in planning and preparation , fitness wont be an issue .
Next step is the recruitment of two local ex players to come on board with Creedon and Mickey McGeehan who happened to be involved with Laois on two occasions before !!