Olympic boxing

Started by winghalfback, August 02, 2016, 01:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 17, 2016, 08:26:51 PM
And now Nikitin can't fight in his semi-final

https://twitter.com/sarahdeming/status/765988403653537792

QuoteHere's a scoop. US Head coach Billy Walsh says Shakur Stevenson advances on W/o tomorrow. Nikitin's face a mess after Conlan @StiffJab

At this stage the whole thing is a comedy . 

Armamike

I know nowt about boxing, but couldn't help but notice on the news last night that the Russian had the face bate off him, whereas Conlon hardly had a mark on him.  But somehow he ends up on the losing end.
That's just, like your opinion man.

moysider

BBC confirm that Nikita ruled out with injury. He was bad enough even before the Conlon fight.

I can understand that the judges sent home were not those involved in the Russian farces. They did what was required of them I suppose. This move is a ruse by the IABA to demonstrate that they have checks in place to maintain standards in judging. If they get heat later they will point to the fact that they had quality control in place and did all they could do try to ensure fairness.
Cute hoors and pure spin and bullshit.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2016, 08:32:22 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 17, 2016, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2016, 04:51:15 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 17, 2016, 04:24:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2016, 03:14:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2016, 02:48:37 PM
MR for someone who complains about people being internet trolls you're being a bit of an internet troll.

Too whom?? The Irish Olympic team?? Don't be daft franko is reacting and trolling my posts is he not?? Who am I trolling?

Drop the victim complex - you posted something in response to another user which was blatantly wrong.  I pulled you on it.  I'd re-check your definition of 'trolling'.

Blatantly wrong?? And you don't need to defend anyone when I post something you're on it like a rash  :-*

Yes, blatantly.  I don't think we need to rehash that one.

I (and others it would seem) would be of the opinion that you invite a lot of this on yourself, but if you want to continue to cry victim, be my guest.

Ah should be just like you, a follower or sheep, say what everyone wants to hear to be popular....

Oh the irony!  From the leader of Rory's flock!  I reckon you'd get away with just not telling lies to stir things though!

omaghjoe

I havent seen the fight in question but I would be inclined to give Mickey Gallagher the benefit of the doubt, great servant to amateur boxing in Omagh and indeed Ireland over the years

theskull1

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 18, 2016, 05:22:18 AM
I havent seen the fight in question but I would be inclined to give Mickey Gallagher the benefit of the doubt, great servant to amateur boxing in Omagh and indeed Ireland over the years

The man is obviously beyond reproach   ::)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hound

Well, you should watch the fight then. More comprehensive than Conlon's. He's either incompetent or crooked.

JimStynes

The fight that the Irish ref was in charge of was totally blatant. The fella who won was out on his feet at one stage and the ref was stopping the fight constantly to give him time to recover.

Syferus

What a beautiful sport that's dirty from top to bottom, amateur or pro. Boxing is crying out for a UFC-type organisation to unify the top tier under one flag. What's happening is the sport is being destroyed.

yellowcard

Maybe so but he is either totally incompetent, totally subservient to the AIBA or totally corrupt. I don't believe it was the former so take your pick from the other two. Watch the fight again and tell me how anyone who had never even seen a boxing match before could give the decision to the Russian let alone a man with his experience. He give the last round to the Russian when he was absolutely pumelled ffs. It is interesting that he was one of the judges sent home though whilst others who judged on this fight and on the Conlon fight have remained. A bit of window dressing by the AIBA and they probably decided that the Irish man was expendable after Conlon had highlighted their crookedness and totally embarassed them with his post match comments.

imtommygunn

Yeah i would say "payback" to irish definitely a play a bit there.

winghalfback

And what's your opinion of Seamus Kelly?

beer baron

Conlon might be glad he doesn't have to fight Ramirez. Looks unbeatable barring something dodgy.

AZOffaly

Why did they remove the head guards from men's amateur boxing?

gallsman

Quote from: beer baron on August 18, 2016, 06:59:13 PM
Conlon might be glad he doesn't have to fight Ramirez. Looks unbeatable barring something dodgy.

Absolutely brilliant boxer.