Dublin V Donegal 6th Aug 6pm Sky

Started by The Aristocrat, August 01, 2016, 09:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: thebar on August 06, 2016, 07:22:04 PM
modern day football is almost as boring as soccer at times not having a go at this game in particular but football in general all this going back & forward stuff

Agree the hand pass must be limited .  They rules need to be tweeked not the championship formula .

square_ball

Kilkenney took.about 12 steps after he got that break ball..

Captain Obvious

Dublin were rattled lost all discipline. Hard luck Donegal good effort just came up short.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

Dublin very beatable looking at today's performance, looked ragged at times. Kerry v Dublin could go either way.

Jinxy

If Kerry start with Donaghy anywhere near midfield they will get hosed.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 07:52:50 PM
Dublin very beatable looking at today's performance, looked ragged at times. Kerry v Dublin could go either way.

Hopefully both of them lose.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on August 06, 2016, 09:31:56 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 07:52:50 PM

Hopefully both of them lose.  ;)

It'd take something like that for a Mayo All-Ireland alright.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2016, 08:06:13 PM
If Kerry start with Donaghy anywhere near midfield they will get hosed.

They could send Donaghy to the Moon and they'll still be hosed.

Wildweasel74

Dublin end up with 2 on the line, didn't think much in the O`Gara one, but how Murphy was not sent off beggers believe, very poor tackle whether accidental or on purpose should seen the line. look at the incident then the O`Gara one, which was the more dangerous, Plus why a northern ref involved in the game when a northern team is playing, the ref used to be different provinces for these games

J70

Thought we did better than I expected and certainly was expecting after five minutes of the second half. In the end though, Diarmuid Connolly's excellence was the key difference between the sides for me. His scores and few more from some of the other Dublin forwards were top class, while Donegal were awful in front of the posts, often from similar positions, and only really got success from running at the Dublin defence and winning frees. I suppose some will say Donegal should have pushed on earlier, but would they have still been in the match late on if they had? But then, even at only three points and a man extra we never really looked capable of reeling them in and conceded the inevitable late Dublin goal anyway. I would think Kerry will be feeling a bit better about themselves tonight though.

Murphy... we need to do something to help the lad from next year. The way we are playing just doesn't do him any favours. And you can't just throw him in there on a day like today and expect to win 30-70 balls against a team like Dublin.
And he needs to watch himself. He should have got the line today for sure. Even if he was trying to get the ball, he could have seriously hurt that lad, and judging by the welt on his jaw, was lucky he didn't.

I know we've been saying it every year, but there has to be changes next year in personnel. Ciaran Thompson FINALLY got a run today, and did very well in that one burst to almost get in for a goal chance before being fouled. Lacey just doesn't have the legs to influence the game like he used to, while Rory Kavanagh looked well off the pace too and I'd expect he'll pack it in again. I would guess Colm McFadden will retire after being rarely used. Can't imagine how we will replace Neil Gallagher, who was badly missed again today. Overall, we need some youth in there in that half-back line to help the McHughs on those breaks. Too often the Donegal ball carriers are running into blind alleys with no support.

dublin7

That referee was a f**kin joke today.  Completely bottled sending off Michael Murphy for his assault on Brian Fenton at the the start of the game. If he does his job and not been the cowardly pr**k, Dubs would have strolled to victory. Eoghan O'Gara red card a joke.

Donegal were a disgrace today. I'm all for 100% commitment give everything but the amount off off the ball verbals, dives, late hits and cheap shots after the ball was gone from Donegal today was a farce. Justice done in the end.  Thank god no has to watch their anti football sh**te anymore this season

kerryforsam16

Maxi Curran must be in running for all star. Covered a lot of ground today . The fastest donegal players moved was running after referee

naka

Quote from: dublin7 on August 07, 2016, 03:10:09 AM

Donegal were a disgrace today. I'm all for 100% commitment give everything but the amount off off the ball verbals, dives, late hits and cheap shots after the ball was gone from Donegal today was a farce. Justice done in the end.  Thank god no has to watch their anti football sh**te anymore this season
Watching the game as a neutral I would have to say Dublin were as bad cynical as Donegal .

tonto1888

From the moment O'Gara came on McGee had no interest in playing football. All he done was goad him. Shoulder him. At one stage he tripped up and O'Gara ended up on the ground. Now, O'Gara shouldn't have reacted as he did but the umpires should have put a stop to it before it got to that stage.