Bogey teams

Started by seafoid, July 29, 2016, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

There was something on another discussion abut Kerry not being afraid of Cork, Galway or Mayo
and then Tyrone have a bad record when it counts against Mayo. What other bogey teams do counties have ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Croí na hÉireann

Dublin turning into a bit of a bogey team  :P Used to have another one.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mouview

In the football jungle, only Kerry (now, not always) and Dublin are Galway's natural enemies. Probably owe Tyrone and Donegal a beating at this stage, but we will if and when we get a right team going again.

Waterford are Galway hurler's greatest bogey team; only major county we've not beaten in championship I think.

BennyHarp

Since when did Mayo become Tyrone's bogey team?  :o
That was never a square ball!!

southderryman

Our bogey teams extend to the following:

Longford
Any team we meet in an ulstet semi final
Any team we happen to be favourites against

From the Bunker

Canalman

Kerry for decades were ours................. somewhat less so the last few years :).

Galway underage hurlers have tormented ours for many years and may well continue the trend in the U21s later in the summer. Galway senior footballers certainly eyeing us up for many years for revenge. Probably seen as a bogey team for them.

Our record in the hurling v  Kilkenny in the senior hurling abysmal as well.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2016, 12:52:32 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 29, 2016, 11:55:46 AM
Since when did Mayo become Tyrone's bogey team?  :o

1989?

Yes, that will have a significant baring on a game this summer!

Walter Cronc

Do they not have a decent record against yous in the league and champ of late though BH? Though I dont think there have been too many champ encounters. Personally I think only Dublin and Mayo can stop Tyrone. Both have the footballers/athletes to contain them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 29, 2016, 02:02:40 PM
Do they not have a decent record against yous in the league and champ of late though BH? Though I dont think there have been too many champ encounters. Personally I think only Dublin and Mayo can stop Tyrone. Both have the footballers/athletes to contain them.

They beat us in 1989, 2004 and 2013 as far as I'm aware and we beat them in 2008. In the league we have always done fairly well, especially in Castlebar. Definitely not a county I would consider to be a bogey team. Though I do think the whole bogey team thing is a pile of nonsense!

screenexile

Donegal have been Tyrone's bogey team for the last 4/5 years until this year.

ONeill

Of the teams you play regularly, Tyrone rarely lost to Antrim, Cavan or Fermanagh in biggish games in my lifetime. Early 80s for Cavan and Fermanagh and I can't recall the last time Antrim beat Tyrone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

tonto1888

Everybody we play recently but definitely Laois this year