Galway football strength&conditioning

Started by cornetto, July 23, 2016, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: thebackbar1 on July 24, 2016, 09:21:51 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 24, 2016, 12:47:05 PM
Galway county board appear to be doing a good job of reducing the debt.
In what way ? my understanding is that Galway gaa is facing Armageddon when full interest & capital repayments begin in 2017

Don't be surprised to see some of those people responsible for mountain south putting their hands up for the county chairman role when it opens up this december

The debt had been reduced from 5 million euro's to 4 million in the last few years, unless there is more debt that I'm unaware of?

thebackbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 24, 2016, 11:28:48 PM
In what way ? my understanding is that Galway gaa is facing Armageddon when full interest & capital repayments begin in 2017

Don't be surprised to see some of those people responsible for mountain south putting their hands up for the county chairman role when it opens up this december

The debt had been reduced from 5 million euro's to 4 million in the last few years, unless there is more debt that I'm unaware of?
I believe that's more to do with a write off that anything else ....

Maroon Manc

Quote from: thebackbar1 on July 25, 2016, 01:59:31 PM

Traceymentioned the debt was restructured but I don't see why anyone or organisation would write off a million euro's knowing full well the GAA would eventually come to Galway's aid like they did with Mayo. Suppose we'll just have too see what happens to the debt in the next few years.

thebackbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 25, 2016, 06:43:48 PM
Quote from: thebackbar1 on July 25, 2016, 01:59:31 PM

Traceymentioned the debt was restructured but I don't see why anyone or organisation would write off a million euro's knowing full well the GAA would eventually come to Galway's aid like they did with Mayo. Suppose we'll just have too see what happens to the debt in the next few years.
Galway GAA owe the money to GAA HQ, Mayo GAA owned the money to external banks hence it was easier for Mayo GAA to restructure their debt .. that's according to Treacy